• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

I have had to come back and confess sin, my daughter said the Frito Pie was so good it was sinful . smug.gif

What is frito?

I did fish and vegetable stew and lentil and vegetable stew for my wife,

I got to looking at some of the labels of the food and noticed its origin.

Cod loins - Alaska
Salmon - Scotland
Smoked haddock - UK
Prawns - Thailand
Courgettes - Spain
Onions - UK
Leeks - UK
Long red peppers - Israel
Celery - spain
Red Lentils - India
Celeriac - UK
Saffron - Iran
Tomato - Spain
Mushrooms - Ireland
Long grain rice - Product of more than one country.
Knorr Fish stock granules - Italy
Knorr fish stock cubes - UK
Knorr vegetable stock gel - UK Edited by Invicta

• Members

A Frito is a Frito, a corn based chip, that used to be advertised by using the Frito Bandito.

Recipe:
Fritos
Chili
Cheese

In a pan, a layer of Fritos, and cover with shredded cheese, cover with chili, (canned( shrugg of shoulders), or my wife's recipe yeah.gif), layer of Fritos and cheese, put in an oven at 350 degrees (F) until cheese melts, and then laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif.

• Members

A Frito is a Frito, a corn based chip, that used to be advertised by using the Frito Bandito.

Recipe:
Fritos
Chili
Cheese

In a pan, a layer of Fritos, and cover with shredded cheese, cover with chili, (canned( shrugg of shoulders), or my wife's recipe yeah.gif), layer of Fritos and cheese, put in an oven at 350 degrees (F) until cheese melts, and then laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif.

Oh that lets me out as I don't like corn chips. In fact, I don't much like corn at all. I only buy Kettle hand fried potato chips, but they have discontinued my favourite flavour, Salsa and Mesquite. I do like Pringles with a dip. Trouble with them is as the ad says, "Once you pop, you can't stop."

Today we had leftovers, same again tomorrow.

• Members

unsure.gifhungry.gifdrool.gificon_confused.gif Either Bar-B-Qued chicken or cross rib roast, Both are in the crock pots right now. Going to some revival meetin's this week.

Do you Brits grow any food?

We grow watercress in the summer.I asked a greengrocer once if he had any watercress, he siad "No, Jack killed it." I said "Jack?" and he replied, "Yes, Jack Frost."