• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

No Meat?

My wife is a vegetarian and sometimes I share her meals, so on this ocassion, No meat!

Tonight:

Lamb steaks in mint gravy, steamed potatoes, Carrot, asparagus and brocolli. Fruit and Ice cream.

• Members

My four year old daughter insisted on making dinner for us tonight.

PB&J with peaches.

:)

That would be a hard one to top, Rick.

I just finished having a traditional, plain old Sunday dinner pastime of meat loaf, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy.

Sometimes, the basics just hold appeal.

• Members

Most in our churches would only have a roast lunch after the morning service.

Roast beeef, Yorkshire pudding veg and gravy would be most popular.

We had lasagna at my daughter's where we had been for the induction of their new pastor.

Wonderful sermon Saturday from Dr Peter Masters from Spurgeon's Metropolitan Tabernacle. Chris Buss, the new pastor had been assistant to Pastor Masters. PM was supportive, even though he seems to be ill with heart problems.

You can find the message here, 3rd one down (at today's date) http://www.ridleyhall.org/page12.html

• Members

Veggie meal last night I see. Does it feel you up?

Yes. My wife has been a vegetarian for over 70 years, since she was a baby, in fact, when she couldn't digest meat or fish fats. She has no problem with being filled up. Edited by Invicta

• Members

Vegetable and lamb stew.

We have the visiting preacher and his wife coming for lunch on Sunday and I am trying to think what to do. Probably roast chichen and roast vegetables, but I am still thinking.

• Members

Vegetable and lamb stew.

We have the visiting preacher and his wife coming for lunch on Sunday and I am trying to think what to do. Probably roast chichen and roast vegetables, but I am still thinking.

That sounds good, but do not forget the starch.

• Members

That sounds good, but do not forget the starch.

No I didn't

Melon slices, then Roast Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Roast Parsnips, steamed new potatoes, carrots, french beans and celery, followed by Raspberry brulée tart from Tesco.

For my wife I did Shallot, leek, celery and mushroom, fried gently to soften, them added a little vegetable stock granules, some left over cannellini beans leftover from something I did a couple of days ago, cant remember what, some double cream, then put it in a small casserole put it in the oven for ½ hour.

That certainly filled us all up. Edited by Invicta