• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Its wonderful to hear people benefiting from benevolent groceriers.My children ,which are young adults ,are always talking about how Walmart throws away even end of day Deli items such as fried chicken and salads etc. My oldest boy is always trying to get them to sell him the leftovers (not even ``dayold``yet) to take home and freeze . They always tell him ``its no good anymore`` . HOW SAD that americans have let themselves become SO fearful as to discount benevolence.
I often equate the giving of leftovers of grociers and even department stores ,as well as those that have garage sales, with the Scriptural principle of Gods law to leave the corners of the fields for the poor to harvest . It is actually the same modern day equvalent ! And I do believe that businesses are sinning when not giving of even outdated leftovers.GOD gives us individuals intellegence enough to discern what is good and not good. Dont need govt. laws to dictate what can and cant be dispersed.
ANYWAYS , PRAISE THE LORD for the abundance He does give !
God bless

WOW ! I really digress ! I was going to say , as to your remark about church dinners,if it hadnt been for the giving of others to us this year ,with my disability ,WE would not have been able to take anything . For example,we have been given several gallons of fresh strawberries(which my wife made deserts out of ) and fresh veggies which we took as relish trays,etc. etc. AND we praise the Lord for the receipt of these foods we CAN share with others. To GOD be the GLORY !
Again ,GOD BLESS

• Members

For lunch I had salmon steak, poached in a Court Bouillon with roast parsnips and carrots, steamed Charlotte potatoes and runner beans.

As the salmon was rather large, I save some for supper and had salmoln salad. I think I preferred it cold.

• Members

Stir fried vegetables in sweet and sour and black bean sauces, Stir fried tukey and mushrooms serve separately, as some were vegetarians and some did not like mushrooms, fried egg rice, and prawn crackers. Ice cream with raspberry coulis.

• Members

I really came down in the world today and Burger King for lunch.

My grandson has just started his GCSE in law, so I took him to Canterbury Magistrates Court to see the lower level of the law in action. I called my daughter when we came out and she said she and the rest of the family were in BK, so we joined them there. My wife was with them and she had a vegeburger which made her ill.

I did scrambled egg on toast for supper. I usually do it with chives and Worcestershire sauce, but we didn't have any chives. My wife has a vegetarian Worcestershire sauce because Lea and Perrins has anchovies in it.