• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Lamb steak in a three peppers sauce, steamed new potatoes, runner beans, carrots and celery, left over cauliflower cheese.

Sounds delicious ! How do you fix your ``new potatoes ``? Just steam them ina double boiler? I LOVE new potatoes ! Just never learned how to cook em ! The way I always ate them it seemed they were steamed then browned in a skillet . But never found anyone to give me verification .Mom passed away before I could ask HER .

• Members

Sounds delicious ! How do you fix your ``new potatoes ``? Just steam them ina double boiler? I LOVE new potatoes ! Just never learned how to cook em ! The way I always ate them it seemed they were steamed then browned in a skillet . But never found anyone to give me verification .Mom passed away before I could ask HER .

I use an electric steamer for all my vegetables. There are only two of us now and my wife is a vegetarian, so we buy a selection of vegetables and put a few of each in the steamer. It does have separators but we don't use them. This is the model. http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-4168.aspx I have had it for about 4 years but didn't get it from Tesco.

I used to grow my own potatoes but since we moved here and our soil is heavy clay and I have reached my dotage, also known as geezerhood, I no longer do that. At present I buy a variety known as Sofia which are