• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pixiedust--my son hurt today!

Guest Guest

My son fell ice skating today. He has a slight concussion so they kept him at the hospital for hours but nothing broken (praise the Lord!) just six stitches above his left eye. Now he say's he won't have such a baby face --just what a mom whats to hear!! I'm sure he'll be sore tomorrow because he landed on his hip and ribs and didn't catch himself with his arm. Sounds small but just pray mostly about the concussion! In Christ's service pixiedust

That was the sweetest response I could ever have gotten!!!!!!! I know it's a mom's point of view on the babyface. Please pray about the concusion . They want him to be woken every two hours all night! I'm still so touched by what you said--Thank YOU!!! May the Lord bless you for having such a soft heart! your sister in Christ pixiedust

• Members

:pray

Is he "the" baby or one of the babies? He'll always be his mother's baby anyway, scar or not.

:wink

My son fell out of a tree landing on his head on the asphalt in a cultisac when he was about 7. The fall was about 6 feet from limb to ground and nothing was broken. I ran him over to the Navy clinic at Littlecreek Va. (Va. Bch.) and we were there for many hours. We had to watch him for signs of a concussion over night. He's a Captain in the USAF and soon to be 33.

• 3 weeks later...

Stitches have come out. Yet he was really banged up on the leftside from the fall( ribs and hip/groin are) He works for part of his tuition doing lawn work at the college but they have him on light duty for now. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you! Pixiedust

Somethings wrong with rib cage on leftside. Son says he looked at himself in mirroir and thought his left side is "caving in" and not even with the right side. He went to a older nursing major (MALE) and ask him what he thought. He said you have to go to the Nurse Practioner at the infirmary first thing in the morning. That was today! She looked and felt and was alarmed--didn't leave son comfortable. The NP told him he had two choices. He could go straight to the ER right now. He ask what for -she replied a x-ray -so he said no, What's the other option? The NP said first thing Monday morning the doctor would be in the infirmirary and could order X-rays and he could go get them done then without going thru the ER. Then poor kid ask if he could be allowed to do his lawn work job earliy in the morning that he's on light duty. Son said She was very upset by his question, told him no and a list of things not to do until Monday!! Please pray for him ! He said there is diffinately a problem on left side but he has no idea but it "caving in". NP ask if he had any numbness? He said he pain when she pushed on the area. Long explaination sorry but so unusual had to explain. Please Please Pray for our son K!!!pixiedust