Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

• By 1Timothy115 in Devotionals
      Psalms 119:1-8                                         Sep. 5 - Oct. 2, 2019
      1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
      2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
      3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
      4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
      7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
      8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
      The following verse stood out to me...
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      At first glance it seemed to me this person’s soul is poured out with intense desire to have God’s direction in keeping His Word.
      I made a small wood fire in our backyard for my granddaughter, Julia, since she would be staying overnight with us. My wife and Julia stayed outside at the fire for about half an hour. Then, I found myself alone to watch the fire die out on a particularly lovely evening. So I took my verse from above and began to repeat it for memorization. As I repeated the verse, I tried to contemplate the words and apply them to what I was seeing around me. 
      The moon and stars were out now peering through the scattered clouds above.
      [Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. Genesis 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, Genesis 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.]
      Thought 1         
      The moon has stayed his course since the day God created him, also the stars, obeying the statutes directed by God from the first day they were created. Can you imagine God’s direction to the Moon and stars, “moon you will have a path through the sky above the earth, stars you will occupy the firmament above the moon and be clearly visible in the cloudless night sky.”
      Then, the trees, grass, even the air we breathe obey the statues God gave them from the beginning. None of these creations have souls, none have hearts, none have intelligence, but they all observe God’s statutes, His instructions for their limited time on earth.
      Thought 2
      What if we were like the moon, stars, trees, grass, or the other creations which have no soul? We would be directed to keep God’s statutes without choosing to keep them. This is not the image of God, there would be no dominion over other creatures, or over the earth. We would not be capable of experiencing the joy and peace of learning the love of God
      Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
      Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
      Thought 3 (October 2, 2019)
      Is the psalmist pleading God to force God’s statutes to become the man’s ways? No, he is speaking of his own failure in keeping God’s statutes and his desire to keep them, very much like Paul in Romans 7:14-25.
      God doesn’t work through force to turn men from their ways that they would desire His statutes or desire God Himself. Men must reject (repent) put aside his own ways and voluntarily seek God and His statutes.

Octuplets? mother wants Oprah to turn her into a $2m TV star

Rate this topic

deafnva77

The women in the Bible listed as barren never "accepted" it - they prayed and cried about it. (and when Hannah was praying and weeping before the Lord, the man of God was clueless about what she was doing and feeling until she set him straight.) Rachel did something about her barrenness - she ate mandrakes (whatever they are!) Rebekkah was barren for almost 20 years and she had Isaac pray to the Lord. These women didn't passively do nothing - they did something!
I'm not trying to say that giving the Biblical view (or at least your interpretation of the Biblical view) is wrong - I'm just saying that telling them to "accept" their situation is not what they need to hear right then. I'm sure that LAF and others in her situation have tried to accept it, then accepted it, then saw a newborn in a cute little stroller and un-accepted it all over again. They don't need lecturing - they don't need to hear pontificating on someone's interpretation of the Bible, they need sympathy and prayer. A simple "I'm sure it's tough for you" or perhaps a "I'm praying for you, my sister" would be all the encouragement they need. If I were in LAF's shoes I sure wouldn't want to hear "get over it and move on."

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

I'm going to answer a question. There is never a time that it is proper to hide God's truth, are tell less than God's truth, once we accept God's truth, them we can heal.
15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Romans 12:15 (KJV)

I suppose many pastors have done as I, rejoiced with many, cried with many, just as many of the good Christian people who post on this board probably have as well.

I would not be much of a pastor if I told anyone less than God's truth.

I know well, that some will not proclaim truth, there is many churches with these type of pastors, and it seems some on here may well want people who post here to be that way.

You can go back to other topics on this board and see that what I posted is what many of the posted on this board hold to, or maybe I should say use to hold to, some of them may have left and or stopped posting.

One thing for sure, its not right to set and judge why God gives some people certain blessing that He withholds from others. And it not right to question why God bless certain people with such blessing when WE Think they do not deserve it. This I have not done, not once.

Call me hard hearted are anything else you will, but I'm not going to be a hypocrite and proclaim one thing one time, them withhold it the next time fearing I will hurt someone feeling. And if you will notice LAF came into this topic after I.

6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Matt 15:6 (KJV)

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:32 (KJV)

Its the truth that frees us, not lies, not half truths.

I've dealt with people in this situation, but I did not lie while doing so as some here seem to want some of us to do here on OB, only truth will set you free, and I've seen God's truth set many free

Its so sad that we have to get into such discussions as accusing some of not caring, telling some not to proclaim the truth.

One last thing, it seems we have to say this over and over, many times, post made on a message board will seem to be harsh and uncaring when it is not meant that way at all. But if you've set thru many sermons, you've probably had your heart pricked too. I have, but I did not go crying that my pastor was uncaring, what I did do was try to get things proper between me and God.

God has the answer for anyone who has a burden.

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Matt 11:28-30 (KJV)

As I have already stated in previous post, prayers, but even more than that, prayers that LAF will find peace, and that others will find that God's truth is the only thing that will set us free, nothing less than the truth will do this.

• Advanced Member

I am glad we found a doctor that is working with us to concieve the right way. All I have to do is be on Birth Control for 6 months or later on this summer. Then He will put me off the Birth Control and then it will increase my chances. My Anemia was caused of to much shedding of the uterine wall. I am going back in April to see if I am still anemic. If I am not then we will slowly ween me off from the Birth Control pill and start trying for our first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The argument of Rachel holds no validity.
To say that G-d is the only one who opens and closes the womb and then say that a doctor opened a womb in itself is a contradiction. Did that Doctor take G-d's power away? No he did not. If it was G-d's desire to close her womb it would have been done.

The scripture shows nothing of a commandment against medical procedures to cure an ailment. That is building a straw man based on a cultural bias and close to xenophobia.

If anything Isaiah said to care for the widow and orphan and Jesus Christ the Messiah told us not to cast the first stone but to love him above all else and to love my neighbor as myself. This does not entail dragging their iniquities through the streets for all to scoff and scream at.

This thread is kind of disturbing, sickening and telling.

To say that G-d is the only one who opens and closes the womb and then say that a doctor opened a womb in itself is a contradiction. Did that Doctor take G-d's power away? No he did not. If it was G-d's desire to close her womb it would have been done.

The scripture shows nothing of a commandment against medical procedures to cure an ailment. That is building a straw man based on a cultural bias and close to xenophobia.

If anything Isaiah said to care for the widow and orphan and Jesus Christ the Messiah told us not to cast the first stone but to love him above all else and to love my neighbor as myself. This does not entail dragging their iniquities through the streets for all to scoff and scream at.

Has someone posted in this thread against medical procedures to cure an ailment?

• Lady Administrators

What ailment did this single mother of 6 children suffer from before she underwent IVF? She is not a widow - she's a selfish woman who wanted a lot of kids so she could make money.

Children are born, many times, in spite of the rightness of the situation, because that's the way God designed it. God closed Rachel's womb for a reason. A closed womb is not the norm.

Disturbing? Sickening? Telling? Because people don't agree with what she's done? Hmm - last I heard, we still have some freedom of opinion! :wink

• Advanced Member

These children should be removed from this sorry excuse for a human being. I am soooooooooo anti-social services it's not funny, but there are situations where the state should step in for the interest of the children. This woman is no mother. She wants the children for money, not because she truly wants children. The doctors who did the procedure should lose his practice. These poor children. They should be put up for adoption, and given to a family who WANTS children.

Don't get me started on the "God opening the womb" thing. That is the STUPIDEST argument for this. Science works. God designed our bodies to work in a certain manner. Every child is not a blessing from God. That verse is abused and taken out of context by the anti-bc crowd.

Notice all the pundits and "experts" want to attack this woman but they fail to address the real source of the problem. We have a society and government apparatus set up to faciliate this very thing. Such happens to varying degrees (and in different manners) all the time. This incident is just over the top so garners more attention.

Why condemn the mother or doctor for doing what is legal? Why not address the fact that such procedures are legal to begin with? Why not address the culture of "single motherhood worship"? My not address the radical feminist agenda? Why not address the welfare state which promotes single motherhood and helps to destroy families and penalize fathers?