• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Octuplets? mother wants Oprah to turn her into a $2m TV star

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Of course this all comes back to sin. If we were following the Word of God only married women the Lord blessed with pregnancy would be having children.

It's hard to tell from what I've read, but it kind of sounds as if this woman was obsessed with having children as a teen and was likely trying to get pregnant; which would at least partly explain why her mother was glad she couldn't get pregnant back then.

• Members

31 And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren.

Gen 29:31 (KJV)

If God is the one who opens and or closes the womb, and that seems to be the case, them no child of God ought to use IVF.

Of course this young woman care no one thing about God nor God's way, if she did she would be married with children not unmarried with children.

She is completely rebelling against God and walking in the ways of her father, the old devil.

• Members
This is one reason why I don't really support union and getting rid of marriage that define one man and one woman and I think there should be restriction who can have IVF and such to married couple who have a reproduction defect.

I agree with you, but the government shouldn't be the one regulating this because the government is incapable of doing so. The only thing we can hope for in such an issue is honest people, which there isn't much left of, and the government can't do anything about it since if society is made up of dishonest people, so is the government.

• Members
31 And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren.

Gen 29:31 (KJV)

If God is the one who opens and or closes the womb, and that seems to be the case, them no child of God ought to use IVF.

Of course this young woman care no one thing about God nor God's way, if she did she would be married with children not unmarried with children.

She is completely rebelling against God and walking in the ways of her father, the old devil.

Easy for you to write out .I doubt very much you know anyone dealing with infertility or why else would you be so uncaring in your comment .

• Members
Of course this all comes back to sin. If we were following the Word of God only married women the Lord blessed with pregnancy would be having children.

It's hard to tell from what I've read, but it kind of sounds as if this woman was obsessed with having children as a teen and was likely trying to get pregnant; which would at least partly explain why her mother was glad she couldn't get pregnant back then.

Uh so even though I am married and we are both Christians God must not think much of us because we have never been "blessed " with a pregnancy .........

• Members

Study the Bible, it does teach that He, God, is in control of the womb, whether you like it or accept it.

And yes, God's truth is easy for me to write out and speak, I try as best I can to be in agreement with Him and obey it, even thought the majority of the people on this earth disagrees with Him and rebels against His Word and those who hold to it

Your doing great, accusing me of being uncaring and accusing John of saying God does not think much of you and your spouse. Neither one of us said such a thing.

Why you and your spouse haven't been blessed with a child, I have no idea and I would not even try speculate His reason, but I do know one thing, God knows, God knows best, such things as this needs to be left in His hands thru prayer, not taken out on fellow Christians. You should not be accusing people who proclaim God's truths to be uncaring and or saying God does not care much for you and your spouse, that will not help you nor anyone else the least bit.

I've know several couples who could not have children, they each did a variety of things of which I'm listing 3 of them.

Some accepted it as God will for them and actually live happily.

Some spent many dollars on doctors trying to have a child, a few succeeded thru mans intervention.

Some adopted children and were blessed many times over by God for having done this for children who had no family and or family that rejected them. I grew up in such a family as this.

Its your and your spouse decision on what steps to take, but all of them do not agree with God's Word. My prayer for you and your spouse, that God gives you both peace deep down in your heart that can only be obtained from Him and that you both we be able to clearly see His guidance in your lives

• Members

I belive God gave us doctors to help fix whats broken .If only I was wealthy I too would have done IVF .

I know many a person who has children who doesn't deserve them .

Adoption is actually even more costly than IVF .Its also more intrusive to do adoption because you have to deal with the government more .
It easy for you to say these people "accepted " it .Only them and God know for sure .

So a married couple who would love to have a baby but cannot God closed the womb .
But the teenager who had a one night fling and gets pregnant God opened hers ?

Oh well I can see another reason I dislike coming here because people don't really understand and care about all situations .

I mean its fine and dandy when said teen gets pregnant lets welcome them and throw a shower for them .
When married couple finds having a baby not so easy lets critize and tell them how they have to live with it and not offer any support .

• Members

Uh so even though I am married and we are both Christians God must not think much of us because we have never been "blessed " with a pregnancy .........

Pregnancy is but one of a myriad of ways the Lord blesses us. God does not bless all the same or at the same time. As Scripture tells us, God's ways are not our ways. Along with this, God's timing isn't always our timing and God's plans are not always the same as our plans.

God has His perfect reasons for one womb to be barren and another to be fruitful. God also has is perfect reasons for one wife not becoming pregnant for years and another becoming pregnant on her honeymoon.

Have you ever read any of the great stories of faith written by women who were barren for years, and even of some who never bore children? These women eventually discovered the reason why and they praised God for what the Lord was able to accomplish in their lives through this (both with regards to their personal growth in Christ and with fulfilling Gods plan for their lives).

• Members
I belive God gave us doctors to help fix whats broken .If only I was wealthy I too would have done IVF .

Adoption is actually even more costly than IVF .Its also more intrusive to do adoption because you have to deal with the government more .
It easy for you to say these people "accepted " it .Only them and God know for sure .

So a married couple who would love to have a baby but cannot God closed the womb .

Oh well I can see another reason I dislike coming here because people don't really understand and care about all situations .

I mean its fine and dandy when said teen gets pregnant lets welcome them and throw a shower for them .
When married couple finds having a baby not so easy lets critize and tell them how they have to live with it and not offer any support .

IVF is NOT a doctor "fixing what's broken"; it's a doctor doing that which is outside the bounds of Scripture.

It's not for us to judge whether another "deserves" a baby or not. Only God knows the beginning from the end. It's for us to draw close to the Lord and base our lives upon the Word of God. We are not to compare our lives to others (which breeds covetousness, jealousy, envy, anger, etc.), but rather we are to examine our hearts in the light of God's Word and determine to worship and praise Him no matter our circumstances and to seek to learn and fulfill His perfect will for our lives.

Scripture is clear that it's God who opens and closes the womb, for His own perfect reasons.

Scripture tells us to be content in all things. If God has closed a womb it's for a good, a perfect reason. It's up to the husband and wife to seek God's face and discover what it is the Lord has planned for them.

• Members

I don't think the thoughts/beliefs against IVF are edifying right now. Many godly people differ on the topic of IVF and I think that you are completely ignoring the pain that is so apparant in LAF's posts. Some things are just better left unsaid.

• Members

Who are you, our for that matter I, are any human, to decide on who deserves children or not. As for me, I leave such things as that up to God.

Money cannot buy peace of mind, but it can be had from God.

Remember, man's way is not God's way, many be bent on rebelling against His way.

• Members
Oh well I can see another reason I dislike coming here because people don't really understand and care about all situations.

LAF, I'm really sorry to hear about your family situation. I can't comment on the rights and wrongs of what John and Jerry have said, but I do want to quickly say one thing about people not caring. Unfortunately I don't think you will ever find the empathy and support you need on an internet forum such as this--it's just the impersonal nature of these things. Good for advice sometimes, bad for emotional support.

For what it's worth, I'm thinking of you.