Online Baptist Community

Another Gospel

Rate this topic

AVDeaf

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2021 at 6:22 PM, Andy said:

🤔 I don't want to make enemies as I am new here, but some of you seem overly down on Catholics. I'm not Catholic, but it seems to me, there are good Catholics & bad Catholics, some know Jesus, some don't know Him all that well or maybe even hardly at all. I feel that in this secular age we need to fight unbelief first. We can squabble about correct doctrine later. Catholics are our allies. For every Biden or Pelosi who claim Catholicism while denying Catholic teaching on abortion, there are Catholics like Stan Swarmy, a Jesuit in India who died this month after the Indian Hindu government accused him of "terrorism" and put him in jail until he got sick. 

I know of many Catholics who are saved...not by their churches terminology or practice, but by Biblical terminology and practice. My uncle is one of them. Many who are still insdie the RCC are trying to reform the church, or to at least take it into a new direction, back towards the Bible instead of towards papal teachings and edicts. I don't believe they'll ever do it, but it's not my call on where they serve the Lord. I don't answer for their choices. You'll make no enemy here, my friend. 

Addendum to this post: On the statement you made about taking up the subject of doctrine later? I'm sorry, but I don't believe that can be done. The Bible IS doctrine through and through, and that doctrine is our guide for our Christian walk. Some don't seem to understand the importance of doctrine, nor what it truly is.

Edited by BrotherTony
add statement about doctrine

• Advanced Member
On 7/20/2021 at 6:15 AM, BrotherTony said:

I know of many Catholics who are saved...not by their churches terminology or practice, but by Biblical terminology and practice. My uncle is one of them. Many who are still insdie the RCC are trying to reform the church, or to at least take it into a new direction, back towards the Bible instead of towards papal teachings and edicts. I don't believe they'll ever do it, but it's not my call on where they serve the Lord. I don't answer for their choices. You'll make no enemy here, my friend. 

Addendum to this post: On the statement you made about taking up the subject of doctrine later? I'm sorry, but I don't believe that can be done. The Bible IS doctrine through and through, and that doctrine is our guide for our Christian walk. Some don't seem to understand the importance of doctrine, nor what it truly is.

He is wasting his time trying to reform the RCC. Its moto is Sempe Eem, eEver the same.  H Grattan Guinness visited the Inguisition (Named The Holy Office) in Riome, with a Baptist Missionary in the late 1800's and asked the Dominican in charge is Rome has changed. The answer was "Rome never changes, as she was in her youth so she is and so she ever will be).

• Members
6 hours ago, Invicta said:

He is wasting his time trying to reform the RCC. Its moto is Sempe Eem, eEver the same.  H Grattan Guinness visited the Inguisition (Named The Holy Office) in Riome, with a Baptist Missionary in the late 1800's and asked the Dominican in charge is Rome has changed. The answer was "Rome never changes, as she was in her youth so she is and so she ever will be).

I know that the RCC will never change, but you cannot stop some people from trying, especially your elders. They believe they know what's best! INVICTA! Hey, are you the same INVICTA that is/was on the BaptistBoard.com, FundamentalForms.com (used to be the FFF), and other sites I have been on? That name is awfully familiar to me. 🙂

• Members
On 7/17/2021 at 8:19 PM, wretched said:

following our Lord Jesus Christ was illegal from the governmental perspective. True followers of our Lord were persecuted, hunted, imprisoned and murdered for their true testimony of Jesus Christ for three centuries

"For three centuries",  for three more centuries,  for 30 more centuries ?  oh, wait... how long is that ?

Corrie tenBoom honestly and truthfully showed how following Jesus Christ was illegal from the government perspective (country's laws,  or sub-culture's rules/gorilla factions),

throughout 1900 to 1980 there-abouts,  then others have shown it, or it has been published variously how millions have been slaughtered for their faith in Jesus (and if it matters for other faiths, or for anything not the faith of the criminals/perpetrators/country/faction).

In other words,  in many places throughout our generations,  Christians have been slaughtered like sheep daily.

Yes,  perhaps even in the untied states.     (secretly or openly,  who knows? ) .

"We" - True Christians - are not very welcome in most groups, including most churches or any catholic power,  nor by most of the world's government powers in place.   Are there exceptions?   Possibly.  

Don't judge a book by its cover ?     

We can expect persecution.

We can expect martyrdom.

We can expect to be rejected, mocked, spurned and shunned by society.  (when we tell the truth)

(when we tell the truth) (not if we stay quiet, at least not as fast maybe)

Jesus might not have been arrested, spat upon, mocked, beaten, and crucified

if only Jesus had stayed quiet.    But He could not stay quiet, could He, when it was time to speak openly.  When His Father Directed Him,  He Spoke.  No matter what the consequences were, He Always Entrusted His Care, His Life, His disciples, His family, to His Father.