• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
3 minutes ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Note that refusing blood transfusions is not necessarily a sin at all.   

Among pagans/ the world/  it is nothing since they reject the one who died for them - compared to that ,  nothing matters.

As for as suicide,  if they get saved, and immersed in Jesus' Name  they won't commit suicide,  though their family and church will kick them out.  This is true of practially all groups, catholic, protestant and secular.

The endless allegations?    Why specific jws?    The Bible says ALL society is death dealing.  Not just jws.

Specifically?  Why specifically ?   Generally,  every group not in Christ Jesus is a false Gospel - anti-Christ,  "instead of " Christ.

Like I said in my previous post I have no desire to argue or debate over a post where I explained my own opinion and why.

You keep bringing up things that having nothing to do with the comment in my post. I was talking specifically about groups that impose works and deny the bodily resurrection of Christ but claim to be "Christian".

And I asked specifically who were talking about just so I could understand your position better. 

• Members
Just now, Disciple.Luke said:

Like I said in my previous post I have no desire to argue or debate over a post where I explained my own opinion and why.

You keep bringing up things that having nothing to do with the comment in my post. I was talking specifically about groups that impose works and deny the bodily resurrection of Christ but claim to be "Christian".

And I asked specifically who were talking about just so I could understand your position better. 

Good.  It doesn't matter even what your opinion is - it holds no weight.  Same with my opinion too.

Only Scripture.

Even if a group does not deny the resurrection of Jesus,  they could and many are still part of the largest false gospel in the world.  Billions claim to be "Christian",  but never were, and never will be, and they may not find out until judgment day, as the Bible says clearly.

You specifically targetted jws,  which is in fact and in truth a well known false gospel / cult/ deceiving many.

Since so many other groups do likewise,  I was just inquiring if there was a reason why jws were the object of your post so 'emphatically' (if that is the right word).

You are aware,  I thought and still think, that the largest false gospel perpetrators ever is the one started by and with constantine around or alittle after 300 a.d., right ?   Compared to that monster/beast,  nothing is near as dangerous to us today, or to souls for the last 1700 years.

• Members
53 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Also in that post I was just giving my personal opinion NOT making a definitive claim. I wasn't looking to debate or argue anything. 

If any posted opinion is wrong, like bbs now for long time,  should it not be stated ?  (so others don't believe it)

I did not post any reply as if to argue with you about anything, nor to debate,  in this thread .

Edited by jeff_student_of_Jesus

• Members
37 minutes ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

If any posted opinion is wrong, like bbs now for long time,  should it not be stated ?  (so others don't believe it)

I did not post any reply as if to argue with you about anything, nor to debate,  in this thread .

Every thread on this board is full of people's opinions and in most cases good points can be argued for differing views so there's no point of debating. Unless the person opinion is complete blasphemy and without merit the one person's opinion of another is just that - a personal opinion.

53 minutes ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Good.  It doesn't matter even what your opinion is - it holds no weight.  Same with my opinion too.

Only Scripture.

Even if a group does not deny the resurrection of Jesus,  they could and many are still part of the largest false gospel in the world.  Billions claim to be "Christian",  but never were, and never will be, and they may not find out until judgment day, as the Bible says clearly.

You specifically targetted jws,  which is in fact and in truth a well known false gospel / cult/ deceiving many.

Since so many other groups do likewise,  I was just inquiring if there was a reason why jws were the object of your post so 'emphatically' (if that is the right word).

You are aware,  I thought and still think, that the largest false gospel perpetrators ever is the one started by and with constantine around or alittle after 300 a.d., right ?   Compared to that monster/beast,  nothing is near as dangerous to us today, or to souls for the last 1700 years.

I am not a fan of Constitatine either but I know many Christians who believe he was a sincere believer. And I don't disagree that Roman Catholicism has been a disgrace to the name of Christ and Pope Francis still continues down that path.

There are too many false teachings and groups to mention in a single post and I chose to specifically speak on JWs because in the original post that you took issue with I was replying specifically to SureWords post where he mentioned both JWs and LDS. 

• Members
2 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

In several threads I've noticed your posts come across as argumentative, and that's the impression I've got just from interacting with you here. It certainly felt like a debate after you suggested that I am spreading false information that needed to be confronted.

• Members

Please consider this key fact friends: Prior to the government approved and organized Roman Catholic "church", following our Lord Jesus Christ was illegal from the governmental perspective. True followers of our Lord were persecuted, hunted, imprisoned and murdered for their true testimony of Jesus Christ for three centuries after our Lord's Ascension. The Roman counterfeit "church" legalized "christianity" according to the governments of the world. Apostatizing the true Gospel and the Scriptural Jesus, distorting the True Words of God into false religions of men. This was Satan's goal with His Mother of harlots and she has performed exceptionally well for him. This is the exact opposite of what our Lord said would happen to His true followers. He has said to us repeatedly that all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. He said of His True church that the governments of the world would hate them just as they hated HIM.

So any organized, "legal" denomination afterwards would be built on sand and lies and would be lead by and primarily made up of false believers or what our Lord refers to repeatedly as "tares". 

Consider for a moment that it was the governments of the world which arrested, tortured and murdered our Lord. Why on earth would anyone imagine that any of the government protected "religions" of the world since then would be True New Testament churches? 

The white rider has introduced Chrislam, the three part abomination our Lord will separate a little later. It is a ecumenical, satanic concoction of false christianity, islam and the synagogue of satan and its headquarters is being established in spiritual sodom. That will be the only government "protected" religion very soon and all commercial "christian" denominations will bow to it and fly it's flag so to speak or be deemed illegal by the governments.

Mother of Harlots

• Members
On 7/17/2021 at 1:37 PM, Disciple.Luke said:

I have asked Jeff several times to be more clear about his rambling statements, and to keep on the specifics. It's truly hard to follow some of his logic at times. But, we don't all communincate the same. 

• Members

? I don't want to make enemies as I am new here, but some of you seem overly down on Catholics. I'm not Catholic, but it seems to me, there are good Catholics & bad Catholics, some know Jesus, some don't know Him all that well or maybe even hardly at all. I feel that in this secular age we need to fight unbelief first. We can squabble about correct doctrine later. Catholics are our allies. For every Biden or Pelosi who claim Catholicism while denying Catholic teaching on abortion, there are Catholics like Stan Swarmy, a Jesuit in India who died this month after the Indian Hindu government accused him of "terrorism" and put him in jail until he got sick. 

• Members

If a Catholic gets saved,  their own church kicks them out.  As Martin Luther and all the other honest Reformers showed,  it is the harlot of Revelation.  It cannot save anyone,  nor should anyone accept it as it is a false gospel, and whoever brings a false gospel is as Jesus Himself says accursed.

It doesn't matter what political or religious or social leaders say or follow or do - if they accept the harlot,  they are deceived. 

For decades false gospel bringers have again and again and again entered forums (including this one as older posts and threads show)  all over the internet to promote the false gospel.   Usually they eventually succeed,  mostly because most sites are run by false teachers and/or just for money,  they don't know the depth or the depravity or the danger (accursedness) of the false gospel bringers,  and they want to be popular and not lose people instead of standing for truth as Jesus says no matter what.  Whatever they may think they gain,  it is not worth that they sold their souls.

• Members
On 7/11/2005 at 2:23 AM, Jerry said:

Even John R. Rice led Catholics to the Lord with their own Catholic Bibles (because they would not even look at or read from a "Protestant" Bible).

Most of them,  from all I heard and learned the last half century,  don't read any Bible.

John R. Rice was able to lead Catholics to the Lord with their own Catholic Bibles because of the Wisdom and Understanding God Blessd Him with to explain Scripture truthfully to them without the errors of Catholic hypocrisy, practice, teachings and doctrines. 

Millions of others have rejected the Catholic 'Jesus' because they saw that it was not taught nor practiced nor lived truthfully by Catholics, being not at all in line with the Bible.  Later,  by God's Grace,  they may have been led to someone who lived truthfully in line with Scripture, knowing the Truth as Revealed by God's Grace,  and as John R. Rice did they could explain truthfully ,  by God's Grace and Wisdom and Knowledge and Revelation of His Word (even as Revealed to a little child) ,

and show the true Jesus instead of the false Catholic 'Jesus' which caused people to sin .

• Members
On 7/18/2021 at 6:22 PM, Andy said:

? I don't want to make enemies as I am new here, but some of you seem overly down on Catholics. I'm not Catholic, but it seems to me, there are good Catholics & bad Catholics, some know Jesus, some don't know Him all that well or maybe even hardly at all. I feel that in this secular age we need to fight unbelief first. We can squabble about correct doctrine later. Catholics are our allies. For every Biden or Pelosi who claim Catholicism while denying Catholic teaching on abortion, there are Catholics like Stan Swarmy, a Jesuit in India who died this month after the Indian Hindu government accused him of "terrorism" and put him in jail until he got sick. 

I know of many Catholics who are saved...not by their churches terminology or practice, but by Biblical terminology and practice. My uncle is one of them. Many who are still insdie the RCC are trying to reform the church, or to at least take it into a new direction, back towards the Bible instead of towards papal teachings and edicts. I don't believe they'll ever do it, but it's not my call on where they serve the Lord. I don't answer for their choices. You'll make no enemy here, my friend. 

Addendum to this post: On the statement you made about taking up the subject of doctrine later? I'm sorry, but I don't believe that can be done. The Bible IS doctrine through and through, and that doctrine is our guide for our Christian walk. Some don't seem to understand the importance of doctrine, nor what it truly is.

Edited by BrotherTony
add statement about doctrine

• Members
On 7/20/2021 at 6:15 AM, BrotherTony said:

I know of many Catholics who are saved...not by their churches terminology or practice, but by Biblical terminology and practice. My uncle is one of them. Many who are still insdie the RCC are trying to reform the church, or to at least take it into a new direction, back towards the Bible instead of towards papal teachings and edicts. I don't believe they'll ever do it, but it's not my call on where they serve the Lord. I don't answer for their choices. You'll make no enemy here, my friend. 

Addendum to this post: On the statement you made about taking up the subject of doctrine later? I'm sorry, but I don't believe that can be done. The Bible IS doctrine through and through, and that doctrine is our guide for our Christian walk. Some don't seem to understand the importance of doctrine, nor what it truly is.

He is wasting his time trying to reform the RCC. Its moto is Sempe Eem, eEver the same.  H Grattan Guinness visited the Inguisition (Named The Holy Office) in Riome, with a Baptist Missionary in the late 1800's and asked the Dominican in charge is Rome has changed. The answer was "Rome never changes, as she was in her youth so she is and so she ever will be).

• Members
6 hours ago, Invicta said:

He is wasting his time trying to reform the RCC. Its moto is Sempe Eem, eEver the same.  H Grattan Guinness visited the Inguisition (Named The Holy Office) in Riome, with a Baptist Missionary in the late 1800's and asked the Dominican in charge is Rome has changed. The answer was "Rome never changes, as she was in her youth so she is and so she ever will be).

I know that the RCC will never change, but you cannot stop some people from trying, especially your elders. They believe they know what's best! INVICTA! Hey, are you the same INVICTA that is/was on the BaptistBoard.com, FundamentalForms.com (used to be the FFF), and other sites I have been on? That name is awfully familiar to me. ?

• Members
On 7/17/2021 at 8:19 PM, wretched said:

following our Lord Jesus Christ was illegal from the governmental perspective. True followers of our Lord were persecuted, hunted, imprisoned and murdered for their true testimony of Jesus Christ for three centuries

"For three centuries",  for three more centuries,  for 30 more centuries ?  oh, wait... how long is that ?

Corrie tenBoom honestly and truthfully showed how following Jesus Christ was illegal from the government perspective (country's laws,  or sub-culture's rules/gorilla factions),

throughout 1900 to 1980 there-abouts,  then others have shown it, or it has been published variously how millions have been slaughtered for their faith in Jesus (and if it matters for other faiths, or for anything not the faith of the criminals/perpetrators/country/faction).

In other words,  in many places throughout our generations,  Christians have been slaughtered like sheep daily.

Yes,  perhaps even in the untied states.     (secretly or openly,  who knows? ) .

"We" - True Christians - are not very welcome in most groups, including most churches or any catholic power,  nor by most of the world's government powers in place.   Are there exceptions?   Possibly.  

Don't judge a book by its cover ?     

We can expect persecution.

We can expect martyrdom.

We can expect to be rejected, mocked, spurned and shunned by society.  (when we tell the truth)

(when we tell the truth) (not if we stay quiet, at least not as fast maybe)

Jesus might not have been arrested, spat upon, mocked, beaten, and crucified

if only Jesus had stayed quiet.    But He could not stay quiet, could He, when it was time to speak openly.  When His Father Directed Him,  He Spoke.  No matter what the consequences were, He Always Entrusted His Care, His Life, His disciples, His family, to His Father.