• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can someone be saved by reading the NIV?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

[quote]
I haven't personally discussed with the Pope the errors of Rome
[/quote]

We were not discussing the Pope and the errors of Rome.

[quote]
Do you think if Pope Ruckman sees me, I'll be convinced that the Bible is wrong and he is right?
[/quote]

No but scripture says that if we have ought against our brother that we should go to them.

• Members

My Saviour Leads Me wrote [quote]
Bro Kubel, Do you know Dr Ruckman personally? Have you ever discussed these issues with him?
[/quote]

Do you know Billy Graham personally ? Have you ever discussed whatever issues about his ministry with him ? What about Joel Osteen ? Rick Warren ? Lee Strobel ? Ray Comfort ? The problems Kubel has with Dr. Ruckman are clear scriptural based judgements. I am sure Dr. Ruckman is a fine man but the problems Kubel has with him don't require him to know the individual personally.

• Members

[quote]
Do you know Billy Graham personally ? Have you ever discussed whatever issues about his ministry with him ? What about Joel Osteen ? Rick Warren ? Lee Strobel ? Ray Comfort ? The problems Kubel has with Dr. Ruckman are clear scriptural based judgements. I am sure Dr. Ruckman is a fine man but the problems Kubel has with him don't require him to know the individual personally.
[/quote]

Most of the men named don't stand on the KJV of the Bible so they don't even qualify
But if they did and I had a serious issue with their teachings I would want to hear what the person had to say about the accusations and not just taking other peoples word for what he does and what he says.
awhile back we were discussing Chick tracts and there were alot of comments about how things were portraited in the tracts. I wrote Bro Jack and asked him why he drew the Holy Spirit the way that he does.
I believe this is part of loving the brethren.
and lastly, it is not about being a fine man it is about being God's man.

Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Philippians 2:14-15 (KJV)

• Members

[quote="My Saviour Leads Me"]
No but scripture says that if we have ought against our brother that we should go to them.
[/quote]

Ahh, I see. So when someone preaches false doctrine we should just all shut up about it. I'll keep that in mind. BTW: You are misinterpreting that verse. Here's a few below:

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

I am rebuking this guy with doctrine. He is preaching falicy to people that will not endure sound doctrine. People have itching ears for the words "divorce is ok" to come spewing from the pulpit. Ruckman is turning his voice away from the truth, and many of his followers are turning their ears away from the truth. I am not picking on this guy because hes my brother. I'm not picking on him because I'm better than he. I'm picking on him because he is preaching lies.

• Members

The Scriptures also teach us to identify those that preach false doctrine, are hereticks, are wolves in sheep's clothing, cause division, etc.

Pastors have to adhere to certain standards set forth by God. Of course everyone is a sinner and everyone has problems but when a pastor teaches that it is ok for a divorced man to pastor, or that special revelation did not cease with the completion of the N.T., then there is a problem and others should be warned.

• Members

[quote]
Pastors have to adhere to certain standards set forth by God. Of course everyone is a sinner and everyone has problems but when a pastor teaches that it is ok for a divorced man to pastor
[/quote]

Are you sure that you are not just accepting the tradional teachings on it?

http://www.biblebelievers.com/Vespie1.html

• Members

I accept that Jesus said that the only acceptable reason for divorce was immorality.

I accept that Jesus said anyone who divorces for a different reason is guilty of adultery.

A man guilty of adultery is not blameless, sober, of good behaviour, etc. and therefore should not be a pastor.

And that is just one issue that most of us have with Ruckman.

• Members

AMEN, Bakers-6. :goodpost:

When a man of God divorces his wife, the very one that God sealed with him in marriage, then he has no business at all in the ministry, even if she dies afterwards. :( When he does that, there is no need to go any further at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He needs to be put out of the ministry altogether.