• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

PastorMatt

Who are you and what is your ministry?

Tina, Pastor's wife.

My husband is a Pastor in Indiana.

I work part time at the Church for my husband, the rest of the time I am a homemaker.

:)

Tina

We have been here for just over a year.

It was hard in the beginning a lot of folks were following the former Pastor instead of the Lord and finally (PTL) left. Since then we have seen tremendous growth.

We started a Bible Institute last Monday and had 17 show up and yesterday had four more sign up. We are really excited to see folks want to grow in the Lord.

Tina

Well there are a couple still left that are disgruntled/bitter but they are in the minority. It is our prayer that they will get turned around and focused on the vision my husband has for the Church.

It took about 10 months to get it turned around. I think it was the hardest year of our lives in the ministry. It's nice to look back on it now and just sigh and give the Lord the glory.

When a Pastor and his family leaves a church they needs to do just that LEAVE. Don't keep coming back, don't stir up strife, cut your ties for at least a year and let the people fall in love with the new Pastor. (Hey, I need to write a book!)

It is wonderful tho when you place it in the Lord's hands and let Him deal with it. Never under estimate the power of the Lord.

:)

Tina

you are absolutely correct. When my wife and I leave in February, we don't plan on returning until the new pastor invites us back. We love the people, but they need to get behind the new pastor.

I have grown to really appreciate him as we are in the transitional stage. I will actually be ordaining him on February 18th and then installing him on the 19th. He is a real scholar and I can tell that he has a love for people.

OK, Pastorj and Tina, you two are officially :ot: This is your first and only warning! (Ah, well rested from the church-planting conference and back to my ornery ways :mrgreen: )

To get back on topic:

Mitch Holmes
Pastor
Rolling Hills Baptist Church
Anita, Iowa

That question is :ot:

Just kidding, Tina. I think it's a requirement that most topics go off-topic within a short time.

In fact, a few of us specialize in it. I just grabbed the opportunity to use the :ot: emoticon that's used against me a lot.
:frog
Mitch