• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who are you and what is your ministry?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

My name is Greg Schneck, married 26 years, two sons college age. Saved in 1984, Associates Bible Degree in 88, Preached as a lay preacher (small church of 30) 90-92. I have filled pulpits and etc. since that time.

Was called to full time ministry last year. I'm currently seeking the church God has called me to pastor. I don't know where it is yet but HE does!

I am IFB, KJV by conviction, and I oppose CCM, Willow Creek, The Warren method, etc. Of course, this stand makes finding a church extremely difficult. Church planting is also an option.

My heart aches as I see church after church going the "new" way....

My heart aches as I see no leadership in churches. Just today I had a followup call with a church I had been talking to. My resume was to go before the church last night. The result?..... Two ladies in the church said I couldn't candidate due to my stand on the KJV. So I was politely turned away.....

My resume may be seen at http://greg.thinkbible.org

I might also ask that you take a look at one of my other sites:
http://www.needpastor.com

We have good men of God who need to find a church! Let help!

I count it privilege to be a part of this group. Thank You.

• Members

Welcome Brother, glad you found us. I suppose I'm a lay pastor, but I never rightly think of it that way being as God has taught me much throughout the years in attending church services, learning from teachers in Bible study classes, and pastors proclaiming the Word.

One of my former pastors came to me one Sunday and inexpertly asked me, how would you like it if I taught you a course on the Bible one on one, we will meet one night each week and have a class. Of course I said yes very quickly, what a great opportunity for a country boy who lives in a rural area. This lasted 2 years. That was back in the mid 80's. I often wonder why he came to me and asked about that, did he know something I didn't? Or maybe God just led him to do it.

But it was not till sometime in mid 96 that I felt God calling me to preach. When this happened I had to do a bit of study, that is make sure Baptist were correct, and be sure this was God's will for me. After being sure, in May 97 I surrendered to the Lord to preach the Gospel and my church license me to preach.

Which during the time that I surrendered to the Lord and I was ordained I did attend a Bible course at a local church, which during the 2nd semester I had to have some major neck surgery, but managed to stay in it, during the 3rd semester I again had to have another neck surgery, this time it hit me a bit harder and I was unable to stay in the course.

From the time I surrendered to preach, I preached in many Baptist churches around our area. February 2001 I was called and asked to preach at the church I'm now pastor. Shortly after they called me to be their pastor and I accepted and was ordained. So far they have not tried to run me off. It's a small country church in rural Arkansas.

I remember once, my pastor told me, Jerry don't give up, a church is going to call you to be their pastor, I can just feel it.

I remember replying to him, well I don't know, but if God just wants me to fill in at different churches that is just fine with me, if He calls me to a church, that to will be find with me, in the mean time I'm just going to take it one day at a time and let Him take care of the future. I think maybe he though I was getting a bit depressed about it, but I was not, I was really enjoying that time period and still learning so much that one day would come in very useable.

Oh, I was saved way back in 1961 just before my 15th birthday. Now that makes me feel old for some reason!

Again welcome, and just let the Lord take care of it, and everything will work out right good.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Bob Senz
This is us: http://www.senzfamily.com

We are currently (as of this week) beginning deputation seeking short term missions support while planting a church in Northwestern Pennsylvania. The town we are going to doesn't have ANY baptist witness... (not even a liberal one). The area of NW Pa is strongly methodists. In the town that we are going to (Youngsville, Pa) there are several methodist churches, including the Free Methodists, United Methodists and Primitive Methodists... (and you thought only Baptists had this problem).

The above website isn't completely done yet, but it should give you an idea of who we are and what we believe.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Colin Stolzer

I'm an evangelist, I work with Cowboy ministries around the country preaching at rodeo's and brandings, tent meetings, etc.... Our ministry is Redemption Ranch Christian Ministries it's located in northeast Kansas on my families homestead that I inherited, we are building it up to be a youth camp and conference center that focuses on a Rural Christian Life. We also founded the Blue Valley Cowboy Church that meets in our barn once a month.

C

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Dave Winter

Pastor, Lighthouse Baptist Church,
Fremantle,Western Australia.

Small church, meeting in a High School right now.

If you're ever in the neighbourhood, feel free to drop in. :lol:

Remember Fremantle? - we were the place that held the America's Cup Yacht race after we Aussies won it from you guys. :lol

Then we lost it......back to you. :badday:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I have come across many people in this forum that I know and respect for the positions they take.

Evangelist Dr. Lance T. Ketchum
Evangelist/Revivalist/Church Planter
Author of over 25 books
http://www.disciplemakerministries.org
http://www.disciplemakerministries.org/Pages/Books4sale.htm

All our books and studies use the KJV of public domain and I preach only from the KJV.
Our discipleship materials are being used in thousands of churches around the world, including many Bible Colleges, Seminaries, and Bible Institutes. To God be the glory!

My wife and I are finishing up a church plant and preparing to go back into itinerant evangelism/revivalism this year.

We are scheduling meetings for fall of 2008 and beyond. We have been in the ministry for almost 40 years:
http://www.disciplemakerministries.org/Pages/About%20Dr.%20Ketchum.htm

There are many recommendations from Pastors from around the country on my Recommendations Page:
http://www.disciplemakerministries.org/Pages/Recommendations.htm

Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself. I trust we will meet one day, here, there, or in the air!

Your servant in Christ's service,
Dr. Lance T. Ketchum
The Disciple Maker

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest

Brother Mike Ferrell
Pastor, Lighthouse Community Baptist Church
Brookneal, VA

Hello to all, and may the Lord bless your minstries!

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I need to update. :roll

Some of you may have heard from my wife already, but here goes anyway.

After ten years, first as assistant and then as senior pastor, at Lighthouse Baptist Church, Fremantle Western Australia, we have merged with another IFB about 25 mins south, in a place called Rockingham.

The Pastor at Faith Baptist Church is getting tired and feels like he needs to back down a bit, so he has asked me to take over.
After much prayer, fasting, couselling with Pastors I know, and talking it over with the few people at Lighthouse, we have decided to go. Most, if not all the people from Lighthouse will come along as well.
Combined we just about fill their small building, and the "new" church is getting along just fine.
All are encouraged by it, and the Pastor will stay on to help me out when I take over in the new year.

So the invivte to Lighthouse is off, but if you do ever make it over here, Faith will be a welcoming temporary church home.

Dave.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...