• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who are you and what is your ministry?

• Members

We have been here for just over a year.

It was hard in the beginning a lot of folks were following the former Pastor instead of the Lord and finally (PTL) left. Since then we have seen tremendous growth.

We started a Bible Institute last Monday and had 17 show up and yesterday had four more sign up. We are really excited to see folks want to grow in the Lord.

Tina

• Members

Well there are a couple still left that are disgruntled/bitter but they are in the minority. It is our prayer that they will get turned around and focused on the vision my husband has for the Church.

It took about 10 months to get it turned around. I think it was the hardest year of our lives in the ministry. It's nice to look back on it now and just sigh and give the Lord the glory.

When a Pastor and his family leaves a church they needs to do just that LEAVE. Don't keep coming back, don't stir up strife, cut your ties for at least a year and let the people fall in love with the new Pastor. (Hey, I need to write a book!)

It is wonderful tho when you place it in the Lord's hands and let Him deal with it. Never under estimate the power of the Lord.

:)

Tina

• Members

OK, Pastorj and Tina, you two are officially :ot: This is your first and only warning! (Ah, well rested from the church-planting conference and back to my ornery ways :mrgreen: )

To get back on topic:

Mitch Holmes
Pastor
Rolling Hills Baptist Church
Anita, Iowa