• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Standing Firm In Christ

Speak To The Rock

Speak To The Rock
In the desert, God's people were so thirsty and dry
They were angry with Moses, "Did you bring us here to die?"
So God spoke to Moses, told him, 'Gather the flock
And I'll give them water when you speak to the rock'

There came a woman of Samaria to draw water from the well
Jesus told her that day many things about herself
He said, 'I'll give you living water and you'll never thirst again'
Then she witnessed to the city, "Christ revealed my every sin"

Speak to the Rock, and let the water flow
Speak to the Rock, it will satisfy your soul
If your spirit needs refreshing, don't you murmur nor complain
Just speak to the Rock and you'll never thirst again.
Speak to the Rock and you'll never thirst again.

Jesus is the Rock, let His healing water flow
Jesus is the Rock, He will satisfy your soul
If your spirit needs refreshing, don't you murmur nor complain
Just speak to the Rock and you'll never be the same.

Ronald W Robey
Copyright ©1998 Ronald W Robey

This is good. I appreciate how you tied the two passages together (the Rock in the wilderness and the well of living water).

[quote="Standing Firm In Christ"]
I do not write anymore unless I can line up my writings with the Word of God.
[/quote]

As we all should! That was a decision I made shortly after I got saved - and again when I began KJVonly. I wanted to make sure ALL my poems, studies, etc. were true to God's Word or out they go.

The Lord has promised to bless His Word - and I believe as much as my poems contain the Word of God (whether direct quotes; or paraphrasing exactly what it says in my own words - ie. in the sense of being consistent with the Word of God), then I know He can use and bless them. And He has. I do not write as many poems anymore - focussing more on studies and devotionals (it is like I need a written outlet of some kind - if I have one, I don't need the other) - but now I find myself writing better than I used to - more indepth meaning, more impact. Now I am writing more songs (not just poems, but ones with melodies in my heart as I put them together). I guess it is like any talent, the more it is used, the better it gets developed. Also, now saved for 13 years, I have a better grasp on God's Word, and my poems are used for teaching and exhortation as well as comfort.

Amen, Brother Jerry!

I do not write as much as I used to. I, like you have to spend some time in my studies. I do not preach as much as I did back in the late 80's to mid-90's, but I am able to preach 2 to 3 times a month. God truly has blessed my life through the years.

He has kept me through perils, through persecutions, through tears, through tumults. He has delivered me from sickness and soorow.

I can honestly say if it were not for Christ, I would surely be dead this day. Praise His Holy Name!

Guest Guest
Thanks mate for sharin that you have totally no idea what that poem did for me. I love to write but only write stuff that God can use. I write more short stories (some of which are on here) and articles. That just meant so much to me, writing and music speak to me so much, and I love how you tied those two together. I love the story of the woman at the well, and the story of Rahab and others like her because it goes to show that there is forgiveness for a sinner like me.

Katy-Anne

Guest Guest
By the way, I want you to know I just reread that and my spirit needs refreshing tonight in a big way I have been so depressed. My family have been giving me a hard time again. I need to take it to Jesus.

Katy-Anne

Praying for the Lord to strengthen your heart, Katy-Anne. Here is a devotional which might also be a help:

[b][url=http://onlinebaptist.com/messageboards/viewtopic.php?p=133323#133323]Daily Devotional for January 12th[/url][/b]