• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Instant" Repentence

Repentance is clear in the Bible,and although it's not the condition to salvation it is something that should be found in a Christians life.
The Bible is also clear that repentance should be preached,I preach hard on sin and call for repentance all the time,but concerning the gospel,"thy faith hath saved thee"!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
what if aproclaiming fellow christian never ask your forgiveness but seem's to ask the LORD"S forgiveness because they stop their sin . Do you just ignore it and act like nothing happen ? I know we must forgive them no matter what but shouldn't their be some repentance on their part ? or is it just never talked about? PD

Some folks don't even realize the wrong they've done to another and therefore wouldn't see a need to ask forgiveness of them.

Some try to avoid such matters and believe so long as they have confessed their sin to God that's all that matters.

Some fear asking others forgiveness for a variety of reasons.

We can kindly ask someone who has done something against us if they realize what they did if it's something we think needs discussing.

There are times when it's best to leave the situation alone, hopefully with both parties having taken it to the Lord in prayer, and trying to go on from there. In some cases the two parties will eventually discuss the past offense, in some cases it may never be spoken of again.

Of course we should always forgive the other person regardless of how they handle the situation. Depending upon the offense, we might be wise to be cautious around them if such a situation that brought about the offense might come up again.

John-So if it's something you've forgiven the person and you believe they repented to the lord and are walking differently--You can still ask about it if you feel you need to? I'm trying to make sure I'm understanding you clearly. But if you don't feel you must you can just make-believe nothing happen and just know you'll probably never recieve any apology? Did I get all this correct? Pixiedust

• Members
John-So if it's something you've forgiven the person and you believe they repented to the lord and are walking differently--You can still ask about it if you feel you need to? I'm trying to make sure I'm understanding you clearly. But if you don't feel you must you can just make-believe nothing happen and just know you'll probably never recieve any apology? Did I get all this correct? Pixiedust

Yes, the choice is ours as to whether we ask the other person about the offense or not. Some things need to be confronted while some things are better left alone.

If you don't feel led to talk with them about it, you don't "make-believe nothing happened", you simply choose to set it aside and not allow it to have a negative impact upon your walk with the Lord or whatever relationship you have with that person.

Still steuggling but I fully undestand your answer. Thank You as always for your advice and kindness. Always your prayers are much needed and I'm still praying for you and your wife and chidren in the situation your facing. :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray May the LORD bless you all!! your sister in Christ-Pixiedust

• Members

John wrote:
<<"Some folks don't even realize the wrong they've done to another and therefore wouldn't see a need to ask forgiveness of them.">>

John, That's so true, I try to be very careful about that, people will offend you from time to time not realizing it, I feel sure I have at times.

An elderly member of our church was at odds with me for a few weeks a while back, I think I know why but not 100% positive, if it was what I think it was there was no wrong done, but she has gotten completely over it and is being her old self once again. A couple of weeks ago she brought me two rose bushes and some type of other bush.

I'm going to say this, but I'm just expressing my humble opinion and I'm surely not pointing no fingers at anyone, we all need to be careful and not wear our feelings on our fingertips, if we do we will be constantly hurt. I try with all my might to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I know to, there are some people who have a way with words, no matter what they say it seems to come off wrong and in a way they did not mean it to, them there be just a few who seem to care less, if they say it and it cuts to the bone, that's OK. Thankfully there's not a lot who be that way.

Jerry80871852,....."Instant"Salvation
Psm. 107:31.......Thank God I can "BELIEVE" His Words and be saved,sealed, sanctified, and one day I shall see Him as He is and I shall be like Him.
I love Him soo much I wanna tear down every altar of Baal,because He loved me first.
"Oh how I love Jesus"