• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Members

May the remedy for all this spring forth soon!

Thank you. I need one badly.

Bummer!!! Hope you're feeling much better this year!!!! Are you homeschooled?

I hope so, too. I believe I will soon. No reason to believe that, but I'm trying to have faith.

Yes, I am. From the beginning to end. :)

• Members

If those "faith healing" preachers could actually do as they claim, healing by their touch and such, they would be going forth into hospitals, nursing homes and visiting people like you (Joel) bringing healing to those in such need. They would not be holding rallies where they can rake in money, they wouldn't be holding their events only in front of TV cameras on a TV schedule, they wouldn't be telling folks to prove they have enough faith to be healed by sending them every last dollar they have.

It grieves me to think of those with serious health issues and then to think of these hucksters who prey upon the desperation of those suffering.

One thing for certain, our God can do anything and He will either provide the relief and healing or He will help carry us through however long such has to last.

• Members

More good news, my Dad had his six month doctor visit after a full blood work and his blood work all showed good! I thank God for every day my Dad is still alive because he's yet unsaved and because he's such a big part of all our lives. I pray somehow God will bring my Dad to salvation in Christ before his time here is done.

• Members

A man I've known most of my life, a friend of my Dad's, died last week at the age of 61. He had a massive stroke and survived a few days in the hospital. I was speaking with a professing Christian today and they mentioned him and I said it's really sad because he's probably suffering in hell right now. They asked "didn't he believe in God"; to which I replied that it takes more than just believing in God. They didn't seem to get it. That's sad too.

• Members

My own wife learned many wrong things in churches and from professing Christians when she was younger that I've had to try and help her recover from. Sometimes some of that old teaching still comes back up and we have to deal with it.

The other day I was talking with a professing Christian (I don't know her well enough to 'know' if she's born again or not, but her parents I do know and they 'are' saved), and the subject of ghosts came up because another professing Christian which works in the local library thinks the libray has a ghost in it, and I find out this professing Christians thinks there are ghosts of souls who just don't want to move on still hanging around; said she once lived in an apartment that had a ghost.

• Members

It is so easy, too easy to learn wrong things under the guise of "christianity," which is different from Biblical Christianity.

I learned a lot of wrong stuff attending Methodist Sunday school as a child. Worse of all was being taught that I had to be "good enough" to get God to like me so I could go to heaven. The next worse thing was being taught God and the devil were both just looking to "get me" if I did something wrong...God to smite me down and the devil to drag me off with him.

Being taught those things led to some scary moments in my early life.