• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Members

Most of the march songs were sex based and/or vulgar. It's sad that those are the ones that stick in the mind and not the few cleaner ones.

Reminds me of what our pastor said about catching himself whistleing or humming a tune, or singing a jingle while mowing and then realizing it's from a beer commercial! As he said, not a good thing if someone would happen to be passing by and hear the pastor singing a beer commercial.

We can watch a football game, or other sport, and what our mind recalls just has to be from some beer commercial!

• Members

I know what you mean. One of the things I did at New Years last year was stop playing all but one online game, stop reading so many news sites, and give up various other things I did in order to unbusy my life. To an extent it worked and helped, but over the course of the year I've noticed other things come along to bring back some of that busyness.

Considering tomorrow is the last day of this year, I suppose I should get my general plan for the year set forth and see how that goes. My Bible reading time and other reading time can stay the same, but I need to make new plans for Bible study and specific and intercessory prayer time.

• Members

It seems prayer is something we have to be very diligent about. After all these years I still find myself having long stretches where prayer time is great and steady, but somehow something always seems to bring that to an end, often without me realizing it for a time, and then I find my prayer time has been lacking for a time and it takes much to restore it once again.

• Members

How is everyone?

I'm only one of everyone but I'm doing well. I managed to get some good reading and studying done today on fasting and prayer. Now I'm about to head to church for our first Wednesday night Bible study of this new year.

How are you?