• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• 8 months later...
  • Members

It has been a long time! I just looked back at my last post in this topic just to see and it was in November! Wow! LoL! Time sure does get away from ya! You just keep thinking, oh I'll get on when I have more time. But then the "more time" never comes! lol! We've had quite the summer here! Been busy with a graduation, church camp, youth rally, 4th of July, BBQ's, Family Reunions, a wedding, becoming an Aunty :clapping: ....and I think that's it! Oh, and having our basement flood in the middle of it all! lol! Just last week I sat down and took the first full breath since May! lol! Boy did it feel good!
Oh and thanks for the happy dance lol

• Members

I've been spending much of my time mowing; in fact I have to mow today because it rained yesterday and I couldn't do it then.

Thankfully our Wednesday night Bible studies have kept meeting through the summer and I really enjoy that! We have a church picnic coming up and a new year of AWANA. Our pastor wants Travis to be an AWANA helper this year! He's pretty excited about that.

I know what you mean about getting busy and always looking for time to do something but then it seems that time never comes about. There's always something going on. At least we're not bored!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Great Bible study last night! For the past several weeks it seems the Spirit has really been moving among us. Last week we covered 6 verses and this week we only got through 5 because the teaching of the Holy Ghost really led us to discuss the verses in-depth and to discuss practical applications in our lives.

How I wish more would join us in our Wednesday night Bible study! Typically there are 4 or 5 of us plus our associate pastor. One couple drives 30 miles to attend the Bible study. That's an hour or more driving to and fro to attend an hour of Bible study! Praise God they are willing to do this!!!

• Members

We welcomed 10 new members into our church last Sunday! What a blessing. Eight of them were baptised the Sunday before in a baptismal service after church. The other two who joined our church had been biblically baptized years ago and had attended our church for several years before finally deciding to join. These two were a mother and her grown daughter. I think the mother had hoped their old home church, which had took a worldly turn (which is why they left), would be rescued by a new pastor but that never happened. Anyway, I think that's why the hesitation to actually become members of our church even though they had been active, faithful members for several years.

In any event, so wonderful to see so many added to our membership. Praise God!!!