• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What's wrong with Christian Rock?

• Members

Actually, X19, the Rock artists themselves say that it (their music) is of the devil. They admit this proudly, too. Two good books to show this are Dancing with Demons, and The Devil's Disciples. They are readily available thru a google search. No one ever said that rock music will send you to Hell, but I will say that an aversion for hymns that are taken from Scripture is a sure tattle tale sign of one's backslidden or unregenerate condition. So-called CCM artists are laughing behind their hands at deluded Christians that enjoy the music they put out. They are laughing all the way to the bank. If one would get them alone they would freely admit that their primary goal is all about making money, lots of money.

The only Dancing with Demons book i could find was either about some Jerome Robbins or Dusty Springfield and i have no clue who either of them are. There are tons of results for The Devil's Disciples; Salem Witch Hunts, Hitler's Inner Cirle...

an aversion for hymns that are taken from Scripture is a sure tattle tale sign of one's backslidden or unregenerate condition.

Listen to these songs.

http://myspace.com/sevenjams

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=64471649

How can you say that isn't glorifying to God?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Rock music won't send you to hell - hm, and that rationalization is supposed to make it okay? Nothing will send you to hell but rejection of Jesus Christ as Saviour - however, there certainly are a lot of things the Lord wants us to put out of our lives!

By the way, what is with you Samo and with Suitman? You capitalize certain words, but when it comes to God and the Holy Spirit, you always use small letters. That is certainly weird in my book!! That is something you typically see unbelievers do - when they do it consistently and not as a one-time typo.

• Members

By the way, what is with you Samo and with Suitman? You capitalize certain words, but when it comes to God and the Holy Spirit, you always use small letters. That is certainly weird in my book!! That is something you typically see unbelievers do - when they do it consistently and not as a one-time typo.

I do that because people always notice that but people don't aways notice other words such as

"do not conform to the pattern of this world but instead be transformed by the renwing----------"

and people say "so don't you see we must renew every aspect of our being and do the exact opposite of what the world does"

so I put capatilisation on the pieces that people are ignoring in this case OF THE MIND

which puts the scripture back in context and talks about the way in which we think not what we wear or listen to etc.

• Administrators
Rock music ...CAN be used to further god's kingdom.

I know that I deleted the part where you [mistakenly] put that rock wasn't of the devil, but I did it to make a point. This statement above is absolutely accurate ~ but the god is the god of this world who, according to scripture, is the devil, and it is his "kingdom" which is being furthered...not Almighty God of Heaven.

Samo, I really have to wonder how much time you actually spend reading God's Word. You said you have a Bible, good! But how much time do you spend in it? Your entire relationship with God seems to be built on feelings - hence, your love for the type of music you listen to. Emotions do have a place in our relationship with God, but when emotion is the main part, it is wrong!!!

I listened to part of one of the songs you listed (the other wouldn't play) - "You Are So Amazing" would be the title, I presume. Well, it started out very physical. Now, I am not averse to physical, I love march music, etc. But when that is the beginning focus, and the drums carry you through the song with that, the "spiritual" kind of loses focus. I couldn't understand all of the words in the first verse, so when it came to the chorus, the words struck me - I can sing the same thing to my husband: "You are so amazing (repeat...), I am so in love with you." The second verse did have something about grace in it, I grant you that, but this song put me in mind of Debbie Boone's "You Light Up My Life." This song is supposedly about Christ (although, depending on what mood she was in when she was interviewed or commented on it, sometimes it was about her husband), but it could be applied to anyone. In other words, there isn't a lot of substance to the song. I will admit that I can see how you can be drawn to it...but it's a fleshly, not a spiritual drawing. Really and truly it is!

• Members

I quit!!!

you refuse to listen and you like to pick tiny little holes in things and blow them out of proportian. I thought for a while that people here might actually listen and think but its obvious you won't. I'm tired of OOC scripture and stupid petty responses and so I quit for there obviously is no point to being here.

• Members

I agree with suit. You take the little bits and pieces of something that you want and you dont use it in it's full context. We've tried to use reason and scripture that is actually IN context, but ya'll refuse to use any ounces of intelligence you may have stored up in those brain cells of yours to see the truth. When i said God, YOU KNEW i didnt mean the devil, I MEANT GOD! JESUS CHRIST, hes a friend of mine, you two should talk. But hey, you're IFB's i couldnt expect anything more could I? I had an inkling of what ya'll would do and you delivered. So thank you for this experience, and if anyone asks me for info on the IFB church, i'll gladly tell them it's full of KJV loving morons who can't use a scriptural reference in context to save their lives. Oh, and if you want to go to their church, make sure you cut your hair, wear a suit, bring a big ol' KJV bible, dont expect to worship too loudly, and dont even think about speaking in tounges. Congratulations, I wish you all to soon be better than you are now.

• Administrators

Now tell me how that uplifts Christ?

We do not allow stereotyping or name-calling here!!!

Topic Locked

I'm not here to put anybody down

Your last post
full of KJV loving morons

Now you call us Morons. We knew from the beginning why you were here and we called you out on it. It was not for fellowship, but to put us down.

Where is the love my friend?