• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What's wrong with Christian Rock?

• Administrators

this might be talking of any demon not necessarily the devil himself but I suppose that lies in interpretation

I would not say the devil is the GOD of the world for GOD is the GOD of this world. Yes the devil has tainted it but in the end god has the final say. The way you word that makes him sound equal or greater to god. and I encourage you not to do that. I am assuming it is just your wording rather than your demonology thats the problem.

I understand where you're coming from with this but please rethink this idea. I wouldn't like grunge punk or rap looking people around me either but at which point do you draw the line.
Is jeans to far?
Is trousers on a girl to far?
where is the line and if someone is not dressing that way should you rebuke them or show compassion and then teach them why?

heres my example. If someone came into your church dreesed in jeans and a T shirt. they didn't look to grungy but reasonably neat. would you rebuke them, ignore them, tell them to change, or have grace and say to them that it would be better if they came properly dressed next time?

okay thats the rules I'll go by and I'll avoid the CC music for 6 months. but one thing
What is honky tonk?

I

Yes - everything is ultimately in God's control...but I didn't label him as the god of the world...God did in His Word. Satan is in no way equal to God...but as I said in an earlier post, he wants to be. He is more powerful than any of us, though not as powerful as God. As far as the prince of the power of the air being another demon, I don't think so simply because "prince" is a title of authority, and satan is in authority over his minions.

As far as rebuking or not, if someone sincerely wants to know and/or grow, teaching them the whys and why nots of any Biblical principle is the best way to do it. There does come a time, however, when a rebuke is necessary...but not at my front door!!! :smile

As far as someone coming into our church - we have had people come in wearing grunge, pants falling down to the rear, etc. And they are welcome! We want them to hear the gospel and be saved if they are not, strengthened in Biblical principles if they are. We (and that means me as well as others) extend a welcome to all who visit. And I wouldn't tell them to dress differently the next time...it is a matter of growth. If I were discipling them, I could teach them, but if it were someone I just met and I walked up to them and said something like (I know you didn't say this, it's just an example), "Hi, glad to have you here, but next time you need to wear...." That would, rightfully, cause them to leave and never come back, and quite possibly never go to another good church - and if they are lost, it could turn them off to any witness!!! The example I gave was one of my being in my house alone and someone knocking on the door...a totally different thing than church. My example was one that simply meant that I would be scared if someone came to my door looking like that and I was alone.

Check out those sites Linda posted as well. Honky tonk music is the country music they play in bars alot - and over the radio, etc.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
I couldn't do that. Suitman is a better man than I. If i did the whole 6 months thing i would probably end up suicidal after a few weeks. And then what do you say?

Sorry Samo, that you might end up suicidal...don't know why you would, though! There's plenty of good music out there that you could listen to in the interim.

• Members
I couldn't do that. Suitman is a better man than I. If i did the whole 6 months thing i would probably end up suicidal after a few weeks. And then what do you say?

You have just demonstrated the addicting power of rock music. It's true, in your own strength, you could never give it up.

• Members

God did not put the love of rock music in your heart. Anything that controls you is an addiction and is not of God. Your music obviously has a hold on you as you have stated you couldn't live without it, which is a very common response. You also insinuated that you had a great dislike for hymns and "IFB" stuff. So did God give you a love for music or simply a single style of music?

• Members
God did not put the love of rock music in your heart. Anything that controls you is an addiction and is not of God. Your music obviously has a hold on you as you have stated you couldn't live without it' date=' which is a very common response. You also insinuated that you had a great dislike for hymns and "IFB" stuff. So did God give you a love for music or simply a single style of music?[/quote']
He was over exagerating so don't be harsh and use his words against him

• Members
What can I say? God put the love of music in my heart. And i mean that will all sincerity...

X19,

God put the love of music into everyone's heart. Music is the language of the soul. Therefore::::: Let one display his music and we quickly see into his soul.

The spiritual hymns and gospel songs that believers are to be singing in their hearts are given by God to edify and/or convict. Many of these old-style hymns are taken directly from Scripture passages, and were composed by men and women of God who were going through deep woes and distress. We know that the Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit and is sharper than any two-edged sword. It is even capable of dividing asunder the soul and spirit. If these old hymns would make you suicidal after six months, then can you see yourself in that Scriptural saying above???? :hmm:

• Members

no but he is a close friend and I just cannot bring myself to listen to those hymns. Listening to my music will not send me to Hell and i believe that will everything in me. Rock music is not of the devil, its not bad, it CAN be used for good and it can be used to further god's kingdom. Did anyone listen to the worship site i put up? How can you hear that, and just because it uses modern music condemn it. Are any of you right next to God asking him what he thinks is good or not? Are you God's moral tunnel to the world? God is a creative God and he can use ANYTHING to further his kingdom. Yes, EVEN rock music, and rap music, and any type of music that is out there. And the artists can dress in styles that are popular because when you get up to the ol' pearly gates is God really going to care about what you wore? And you say that these artists are "of the world" because by how they look they aren't discernable. WHO IS? Unless you walk around with a cross around your neck all the time that is visible to everyone you ARENT! Yeah kevin, you wear a suit. The first thing i see is either Buisinessman or Geek. NOT CHRISTIAN. Clothes are not pertinent to someone's heart or walk with God. I dont see what wearing suits and ties, and long dresses, and singing hymns all the time is all about. Yes, its good for ya'll and ya know what, thats great. Thats you. But condemning the other sects of the church for what they do, unless its completely wrong and damaging peoples relationships with God, is completly wrong.

• Members
no but he is a close friend and I just cannot bring myself to listen to those hymns. Listening to my music will not send me to Hell and i believe that will everything in me. Rock music is not of the devil' date=' its not bad, it CAN be used for good and it can be used to further god's kingdom. Did anyone listen to the worship site i put up? How can you hear that, and just because it uses modern music condemn it. Are any of you right next to God asking him what he thinks is good or not? Are you God's moral tunnel to the world? God is a creative God and he can use ANYTHING to further his kingdom. Yes, EVEN rock music, and rap music, and any type of music that is out there. And the artists can dress in styles that are popular because when you get up to the ol' pearly gates is God really going to care about what you wore? And you say that these artists are "of the world" because by how they look they aren't discernable. WHO IS? Unless you walk around with a cross around your neck all the time that is visible to everyone you ARENT! Yeah kevin, you wear a suit. The first thing i see is either Buisinessman or Geek. NOT CHRISTIAN. Clothes are not pertinent to someone's heart or walk with God. I dont see what wearing suits and ties, and long dresses, and singing hymns all the time is all about. Yes, its good for ya'll and ya know what, thats great. Thats you. But condemning the other sects of the church for what they do, unless its completely wrong and damaging peoples relationships with God, is completly wrong.[/quote']

Actually, X19, the Rock artists themselves say that it (their music) is of the devil. They admit this proudly, too. Two good books to show this are Dancing with Demons, and The Devil's Disciples. They are readily available thru a google search. No one ever said that rock music will send you to Hell, but I will say that an aversion for hymns that are taken from Scripture is a sure tattle tale sign of one's backslidden or unregenerate condition. So-called CCM artists are laughing behind their hands at deluded Christians that enjoy the music they put out. They are laughing all the way to the bank. If one would get them alone they would freely admit that their primary goal is all about making money, lots of money.

• Members

x19 just exept that you are wrong and the music you are involved in is of satan and you need to rectify your music beliefs or you will cause another christian to be pulled down or even keep the gospel of Christ from reaching the unsaved. sorry to be so harsh, but souls of unsaved people mean a lot to me! :dead:

• Members

A hearty AMEN, falin. :thumb, :amen:

Lost souls mean an awful lot to God, too. Not only that but God, Himself, didn't think it excessively harsh when He said that He hates every unclean thing. Rock music is exceedingly filthy, vile and unclean, . :eek: