• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What's wrong with Christian Rock?

• Members
You're taking the old Baptist approach eh? "He found a flaw in my foundation. I should throw a scripture out here that means he's wrong and be done with the discussion." This is why i came here. To find out why Baptists like ya'll are so defensive and get some real info out.

The Baptist approach? Stereotyping doesn't help matters. I don't have a problem with my foundation because it's founded right here: :bible: I am not defensive at all. Which is why I'm not arguing with you any longer. I found out the hard way too many times that arguing does little to change a person and some things will never make sense to those who do not understand.

^but see that scripture does not mean that. Scripture out of context can say whatever we want it to say and thats what has happened here with all of you. You speak of God as if you know him, but you reject others. God loved others. What has happened to you?

Love does not equal compromise. There is a difference between you and me. You have come to our forum and have challenged our beliefs. You have put us on the defensive by default. We did not go to CTF and try to reform you or condemn your beliefs. You have come here touting your own beliefs on our forum and we have rejected them. Take it as you please but you are the instigator.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I came because it was my responsibility.

(James 2:15-17 KJV)
(15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, (16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be {ye} warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what {doth it} profit? (17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

You did not and have not helped me as i asked for information. You condemned my church and negated my salvation.

(Galatians 6:1-6 KJV)
(1) Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. (2) Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. (3) For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. (4) But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. (5) For every man shall bear his own burden. (6) Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

It was my responsibility as a christian to come because you are teaching things that aren't right. You say you stick to THE bible, but you stick to YOUR bible. God is not in the scriptures that you use. You have been and most likely shall continue to be decieved.

• Members
If you think that Skillet' date=' Toby Mac and Kutless look like Christians then [u']you are spiritually discerned.

Don't you mean spiritually unperceptive, or am I misconstruing what you had written? Or perhaps my grammatical skills are poor.

• Members
I came because it was my responsibility.

(James 2:15-17 KJV)
(15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, (16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be {ye} warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what {doth it} profit? (17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

You did not and have not helped me as i asked for information. You condemned my church and negated my salvation.

(Galatians 6:1-6 KJV)
(1) Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. (2) Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. (3) For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. (4) But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. (5) For every man shall bear his own burden. (6) Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

It was my responsibility as a christian to come because you are teaching things that aren't right. You say you stick to THE bible, but you stick to YOUR bible. God is not in the scriptures that you use. You have been and most likely shall continue to be decieved.

Hi there Samo. Sorry to get in on this so late. If I may, let's calm this down a little bit eh? Now, if I may ask, are we discussing P&W here? Or something else entirely? What kind of church do you attend?

• Members

Don't you mean spiritually unperceptive, or am I misconstruing what you had written? Or perhaps my grammatical skills are poor.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither

• Members
You asked our opinions on your church. :huh:

So you condemn? You say that my church can't get people saved? Or into a relationship with God? That's horrible. I honestly was looking for info on my church and why you thought that it was wrong. You threw a lot of scriptures at me without explaining them. When i asked for an explanation you got defensive. Do all IFB's really believe this trash? You are not directing people towards God. You're directing them away from God. If the only christians i knew were you guys and i wasnt saved. I wouldn't become a christian in a million years. What is going on with ya'll. Do you honestly believe that God thinks the way ya'll do?

• Members

Nobody said they couldn't get saved or have a relationship with Christ. You asked our opinions, we gave them. If you are a staunch Democrat and go to a Republican forum and ask them if they think partial-birth abortion is okay, expect to get a stern response. Same difference. And we don't typically discuss these things with potential converts. God can't work in someone's heart regarding standards until after they become a Christian. Then we don't seem so outrageous. :wink

• Members

There are some very good articles on Way of Life.org on the dangers of
"Christian"? Rock. Here's a link to one called THE HERESY OF CLAIMING THAT MUSIC IS NEUTRAL

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/heresyofclaiming.htm

IS MUSIC A NEUTRAL FORCE?

10. Ask the Bible. The Bible plainly states that music is not neutral. Christians are instructed to use a certain kind of music to worship God and to build up the Christian life.

?Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord? (Ephesians 5:19).

?Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord? (Colossians 3:16).

Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs do not describe the world?s music. God?s Word is reminding us that there is a music which is fitting to the Christian life and there is a music which is not, and it is the Christian?s task in every generation to glorify God only with the type of music which is fitting for that exalted task. The music is to be spiritual as opposed to carnal.

The philosophy that music is neutral and that apart from the words it has no influence or voice of its own is the Devil?s lie, and this false philosophy is being used to build the ecumenical end-times apostate religion.

That was just one of the responses of many as to why music is NOT neutral. Read the entire article. There is no such thing as "Christian" Rock---that is an oxymoron. Putting Christian lyrics to rock music does not make the music "Christian" any more than a rotten apple in a barrel of good apples will make the rotten apple good. Exactly the opposite will happen---one rotten apple will spoil the whole barrel.

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? (1 Corinthians 5:6)

Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. (1 Corinthians 15:33)

• Members

I knew i was going to get a stern response, but i didnt get an official answer. I got scriptures and no explanation.

God can't work in someone's heart regarding standards until after they become a Christian.

Are you saying I'm not saved?

• Members
I knew i was going to get a stern response, but i didnt get an official answer. I got scriptures and no explanation.

Are you saying I'm not saved?

Good grief Samo, you are a piece of work. Must everything I say be ripped out of context and dissected? You said you would never become a Christian if you heard what we are saying and I said that we don't say these kinds of things to non-Christians because it would be fruitless to debate standards with someone who was unsaved.

We did our best to answer you but you clearly want only to argue.

• Members

If someone isn't saved and they're looking for answers, as was I, then why debate in the first place? If someone who wasn't saved came in and asked the exact same questions I did, and you gave the exact same answers, do you think they would want to come to Christ? honestly?