• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Person Next To Me...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yup, definitely going to bag mine up today ad carry it off:::: The recyclables to the recycle center, the burnables into the woodstove for fire-fuel, the tin cans to my workshop for small parts containers, and the veggie peels 'n' skins and table scraps to the woods in back to feed the little people there (i.e. the whistle-pigs (aka ground-hogs, aka wood-chucks, aka marmots), raccoons, 'possoms, birds, squirrels, stray kitty-cats, skunks, white-tailed deer, etc.). ((((You've probably guessed by now that I don't subscribe to any garbage service, but take care of it myself during my regular travels. It's a real money saver to do it this way once a week. :D:D ))))

Sue wrote:

The person next to me has many fruit trees and enjoys eating their home grown fruit....

Now that brings back many memories. :D Way back 30 odd years ago I had landscaped with fruit trees. I had something like 35 of them, and had everything that can be grown this far north (apples, apricots, peaches, cherries (sweet and half-sweet montmorency), plums, pears, grapes, and quince). There is nothing to be compared to picking your own tree-ripe peaches, or making jam and pies from cherries off your own trees. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: