• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Differences Between Various Publishers of KJV

• Members

I haven't compared publishers when it comes to the Scripture itself. I doubt any publisher would change the actual verses within the KJV, because any error would be vehemently pointed out.

Are you possibly referring to publishers of different "notes" Bibles, reference Bibles, or commentary Bibles? Some publishers publish a "Scofield" Bible that includes Scofield's notes in it. The KJV Scripture verses should be the same, but his notes may differ than other publishers of other "notes" Bibles.

Mitch

• Members

I think "thoroughly" and "throughly" mean the same thing--some use "thoroughly" and some use "throughly". I have several different "Study" Bibles--and I agree with chev1958 about the "notes". The "notes" are man's interpretation and there is alot of variation in the notes of different study Bibles. We need to use discernment with study Bible "notes".

• Members

I haven't compared publishers when it comes to the Scripture itself. I doubt any publisher would change the actual verses within the KJV, because any error would be vehemently pointed out.

Are you possibly referring to publishers of different "notes" Bibles, reference Bibles, or commentary Bibles? Some publishers publish a "Scofield" Bible that includes Scofield's notes in it. The KJV Scripture verses should be the same, but his notes may differ than other publishers of other "notes" Bibles.

Mitch

No, I wasn't referring to the notes. Some people have actually claimed that the verses themselves are changed in different publishers of the KJV Bible. I seriously doubt this is true myself but was wondering what you all thought.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

There are slight differences between the current-day Cambridge and Oxford editions- but they are one-letter differences. Waite discovered 3 such differences and claimed the Oxford was in error.

2 Chron. 33:19 ("sin", "sins")
Jer. 34:16 ("whom he", "whom ye")
Nah. 3:16 ("fleith", "fleeth")

They are rather insignificant.

• Members

It's possible for there to be occasional typographical errors between publishers-these are mostly accidental and not editorial.

Remember--the Bible itself cannot be copyrighted!!

As to differences in the notes--certainly there are differences--these are all the words of men.

I personally prefer the Thompson's Chain Reference,
but my wife uses the Schofield's and one of my friends uses a Kingsford. :Bible: 

• Members

For a person who has difficulty understanding the KJV, there is The Defined KJB published by Bibe For Today (BibleForToday.org). It is not red letter and does not have a concordance, but it does explain some of the archaic words. I also use the Old Scofield Reference Bible and the KJV Study Bible published by Thomas Nelson. Notes are just that, NOTES--written by men. It is the NOTES that are copyrighted, not God's Word--the KJV!

• Members

A very few Thomson Nelsons and a few others had some Word Processor problems, which really doesn't work with the King James.
Thomas Nelson has corrected these errors(Mentioned above).

The New Schofield had errors, it has been replaced by the Schofield III.

I am sure there are others, I base my statements on fact and exhaustive study.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes,thera are diferences between various King James Bibles because of the Pulishers.
Nelson has a few changes here and there slip in.
The modern Cambridge has changed a few words,mostly in spelling,though.s for S in Spirit etc.
nic Kizziah has a good article on that.

Plus the Scofield adds catholic type notes that make the Catholics the "Christian" and the Protestants are other.

I always look at Gen.6:5 if God is spelt GOD,then it is correct.GOD,here it stands for Jehovah as in LORD.
All capitals.
Cambridge and Oxford are considered the best,And many others take their text, and copy it.
I have several King James Bibles that are very accurate.
An older one by Consolidated Press in Chicago.
It even incluses Man of Sin in capitals to expose the pope as that Man of Sin. plus GOD

I also have another very accurate edition of the Holy Bible by crusade bible Publishers,Inc nashville.
Plus GOD

I have several older Cambridges and few Oxfords as well.

I have found that any Bible that has study notes,tend to be a tiny agresive in some word changes here and there.

But any King James Bible,will be miles ahead of the other perversions.

Here is part of the article by Nic.
Beside all this, Cambridge has also taken the liberty of making doctrinal changes. Notice the following: The capital S in the word Spirit has been changed to a lower case s in numerous passages. The capital S refers to the Holy Spirit, the third member of the Godhead, whereas the lower case s in the word spirit could have multiple definitions such as simply referring to a mood or emotion. Its primary definition means to breath. All living self moving creatures have a spirit within them. So many definitions could apply to the word spirit when it is not capitalized.

To change the capital S in the word Spirit to a lower case s is an attack against the Godhead, the most powerful threefold cord in heaven and earth: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Cambridge has made this critical error in the following places: Genesis 1:2, 41:38, Judges 3:10, 6:34, 11:29, 13:25, 14:6, 14:19, 15:14, 1 Samuel 10:6, 10:10, 11:6, 16:13, 16:14, 19:20, 19:23, 2 Samuel 23:2, 1 Kings 18:12, 22:24, 2 Kings 2:16, 2 Chronicles 15:1, 18:23, 20:14, 24:20, Job 33:4, Isaiah 40:13, 48:16, 61:1, 63:10, 11, 14, Ezekiel 11:5, 24.

For hundreds of years Cambridge published these verses with a capital S, but now in the twenty-first century it has been changed. Actually this so called standard text edition first hit the market in 1993 and is being endorsed by many King James Bible believing websites to day. I assume that they are not aware that it has been modernized.

PeterAV
Every word of God is pure:

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Yes,thera are diferences between various King James Bibles because of the Pulishers.
Nelson has a few changes here and there slip in.
The modern Cambridge has changed a few words,mostly in spelling,though.s for S in Spirit etc.
nic Kizziah has a good article on that.

Plus the Scofield adds catholic type notes that make the Catholics the "Christian" and the Protestants are other.

I always look at Gen.6:5 if God is spelt GOD,then it is correct.GOD,here it stands for Jehovah as in LORD.
All capitals.
Cambridge and Oxford are considered the best,And many others take their text, and copy it.
I have several King James Bibles that are very accurate.
An older one by Consolidated Press in Chicago.
It even incluses Man of Sin in capitals to expose the pope as that Man of Sin. plus GOD

I also have another very accurate edition of the Holy Bible by crusade bible Publishers,Inc nashville.
Plus GOD

I have several older Cambridges and few Oxfords as well.

I have found that any Bible that has study notes,tend to be a tiny agresive in some word changes here and there.

But any King James Bible,will be miles ahead of the other perversions.

Here is part of the article by Nic.
Beside all this, Cambridge has also taken the liberty of making doctrinal changes. Notice the following: The capital S in the word Spirit has been changed to a lower case s in numerous passages. The capital S refers to the Holy Spirit, the third member of the Godhead, whereas the lower case s in the word spirit could have multiple definitions such as simply referring to a mood or emotion. Its primary definition means to breath. All living self moving creatures have a spirit within them. So many definitions could apply to the word spirit when it is not capitalized.

To change the capital S in the word Spirit to a lower case s is an attack against the Godhead, the most powerful threefold cord in heaven and earth: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Cambridge has made this critical error in the following places: Genesis 1:2, 41:38, Judges 3:10, 6:34, 11:29, 13:25, 14:6, 14:19, 15:14, 1 Samuel 10:6, 10:10, 11:6, 16:13, 16:14, 19:20, 19:23, 2 Samuel 23:2, 1 Kings 18:12, 22:24, 2 Kings 2:16, 2 Chronicles 15:1, 18:23, 20:14, 24:20, JOB 33:4, Isaiah 40:13, 48:16, 61:1, 63:10, 11, 14, Ezekiel 11:5, 24.

For hundreds of years Cambridge published these verses with a capital S, but now in the twenty-first century it has been changed. Actually this so called standard text edition first hit the market in 1993 and is being endorsed by many King James Bible believing websites to day. I assume that they are not aware that it has been modernized.

PeterAV
Every word of God is pure:

Now we have further light on this issue, and these facts in this post was the best at it's time, but now there are answers. They culminate in the pure presentation of the King James Bible. Namely, that which is now known as the PCE, having every spelling correct.

• 11 years later...