• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Like harp music?

HappyChristian

• Administrators

I'm listening to a CD we were given for Christmas last year. It's done by Bronn Journey and his wife. Bronn plays the harp, and his wife accompanies him and/or sings at times.

The CD we have is "The River is Wide" and is full of hymns gorgeously done. Their website is here:
http://www.bronnjourney.com/index.html

The site will automatically play music if your browser is set for that. Otherwise there should be a button you can click on to listen to some. It isn't the best quality sound in comparison the the CD, but you'll get the general idea.

• Members

While the harp at first glance would seem to be a soothing instrument; there are more subtle and sinister forces at work with the instrument. It has its roots in early Egypt and was used in the worship of false gods. Even though, down through the ages it was sometimes used in "sacred worship" it was also used to for other worldly and Satanic purposes.

Therefore, I think it best to stay away from this instrument in our current music and avoid every appearance of evil.

• Administrators
While the harp at first glance would seem to be a soothing instrument; there are more subtle and sinister forces at work with the instrument. It has its roots in early Egypt and was used in the worship of false gods. Even though, down through the ages it was sometimes used in "sacred worship" it was also used to for other worldly and Satanic purposes.

Therefore, I think it best to stay away from this instrument in our current music and avoid every appearance of evil.

:Bleh :Green

• Members

Proverbs 14:6 A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not: but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.

• Administrators

So, anyway....the CD I mentioned in the OP is really good. I needed something soothing yesterday, and it sure was.

We used to have a college student who played the harp. She brought it with her, and played it in the orchestra. It wasn't really obvious (unless it's a solo, that's the beauty of an orchestra...all those instruments blending together), but it sure added a nice element.

I'd love to play the harp - but I'm busy with piano lessons and making time for practice for those is tough enough! Maybe one of these days...at least, in heaven, eh, heartstrings? :Green

• Members

Amen. :goodpost:

:Bleh

Anywho, I got a type of harp called a Kinnor Link to image: (http://www.magictails.com/abydos/images ... kinnor.jpg) It is based of coins in Jesus time and testified to have been played in the temple in Jesus time by ancient writings. It is rather complicated to learn but makes a beautiful sound. Example of sound: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewwJGIy_ ... annel_page)

• Administrators

Anywho, I got a type of harp called a Kinnor Link to image: (http://www.magictails.com/abydos/images ... kinnor.jpg) It is based of coins in Jesus time and testified to have been played in the temple in Jesus time by ancient writings. It is rather complicated to learn but makes a beautiful sound. Example of sound: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewwJGIy_ ... annel_page)

That's neat, Marcus! A friend of mine has a small hand held harp that comes with sheets of notes that you slip under the strings to play the songs. She loaned it to me once, and I was able to play it no problem. :Green I'd lilke to get one of that kind one of these days. I know the residents at our nursing home ministry would love to hear it.