• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Like harp music?

HappyChristian

• Members
So, anyway....the CD I mentioned in the OP is really good. I needed something soothing yesterday, and it sure was.

We used to have a college student who played the harp. She brought it with her, and played it in the orchestra. It wasn't really obvious (unless it's a solo, that's the beauty of an orchestra...all those instruments blending together), but it sure added a nice element.

I'd love to play the harp - but I'm busy with piano lessons and making time for practice for those is tough enough! Maybe one of these days...at least, in heaven, eh, heartstrings? :Green

RIght.

We have an autoharp and it's super easy to play. Have you tried one?

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

While the harp at first glance would seem to be a soothing instrument; there are more subtle and sinister forces at work with the instrument. It has its roots in early Egypt and was used in the worship of false gods. Even though, down through the ages it was sometimes used in "sacred worship" it was also used to for other worldly and Satanic purposes.

Therefore, I think it best to stay away from this instrument in our current music and avoid every appearance of evil.

I understand why you would be concerned. However, many things can be used for good or evil. I tried to avoid everything that's been used for worldly purposes, but found out there are too many! 1 Corinthians shows that even meat was being used in pagan worship. I'm not justifying compromise with the world or listening to music like CCM, because those things can't glorify God; but if there's something that can be used for God's glory, we should use it!