• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Marriage books

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I just ordered Created To Be His Help meet and Reforming Marriage.

We read The Four Seasons of Marriage and The Five Love Languages. I haven't gotten all the way through The DNA of Relationships.

Boy, i hope all the negative press surrounding Created to be his Help Meet is wrong. Or that at least someone would steer us around the "bad" parts of the book??!

• Members

I am not married, but I have read two books on the Home. One is on the home by Bro. Stinnet Ballew which I greatly enjoyed that and it was a blessing! The other one I was read was on the home by Clarence Sexton and that was a blessing to me! I encourage all those to read!!

Love in Christ, Sadie. Phil.4:13

• Members

I almost forgot the wife has The Excellent Wife which is an awesome book.

I am just interested in fulfilling the role that God designed for man. Since i wasn't fully taught it i figure why not read what the Bible says and what others take on it.

Good for you and the missus Ray Jr.

• Members

[quote="MilkmanDan"][quote="LAF"]I 've been married over 17 yrs and don't think I have ever read a book either on marriage .[/quote]So whats the secret?[/quote]

Secret ? Not sure really ,we have faced many hard things that some people will never have to face .
Its kind of weird in a way,people ask me all the time,how long we have been married .When I answer they are usually like no way !
We met in college and 5 months later we were engaged ,4 months after that we were married.We do enjoy being together .We agree all most on everything (except I still don't like peas and he doesn't like carrots )
Never go to bed mad either something my grandma used to stress to me ,either in marriage or to anyone we know .
Always say I love you ,because it might be the last time .(not trying to be morbid there either)

• Members

I liked debbie pearls book, it just depend on what kind of person you are and what your background if your going to like it or not IMO. She deals with very tough issues all the time, and so she is very blunt in some of her speaking. If you've been protected from all of that, then you might not like it, or might want to skip some of it.

I've been told the book "Me, Obey Him?" is really good, though I haven't read it yet.

• Members
I liked debbie pearls book, it just depend on what kind of person you are and what your background if your going to like it or not IMO. She deals with very tough issues all the time, and so she is very blunt in some of her speaking. If you've been protected from all of that, then you might not like it, or might want to skip some of it.

I've been told the book "Me, Obey Him?" is really good, though I haven't read it yet.
Debi Pearl is V E R Y frank.

The lady doesn't mince any words.

So far it has been a pretty good read.