• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Homeschooling vs. Christian Private school

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I homeschool my children because I am on the road. However, my preference is a good Christian school. Parents are responsible to educate their children. Parents who do not have the ability to homeschool should utilize a good christian school.

Guest Guest

I've been in a "good, straight down the line IFB Christian school", and the kids were as bad as public school kids and that had an influence on me. I'd rather homeschool.

Katy-Anne

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi, I was raised in a Christian School my whole schooling life and I now Homeschool my own children. I see them flourish so much more than I even did and I made excellent grades where I was, but even though people worry about social barriers for my children, I can say that I did not like the social adversities that I faced while in my school. Most that go there are considered "privileged" because it usually cost a bit of money to have your children attend. And, as we all know that teens can be a big source of pressure to add to their peers, I endured but did not like it one bit and my grades began to faulter. I would highly recommend homeschooling. I know of one many who compelled his wife to homeschool their children and she was just not into the whole idea or way of thinking, so he took it upon himself to do it after he got home from work to show her how easy it is and how rewarding. After seeing him accomplish this task she took it on and they couldn't be happier. Seek the Lord's wisdom and advice on this front and see where he leads you and your family. It will be well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

[quote="Kubel"]
Christian private schools can be just as bad as public schools. Homeschooling, if you can do it, is the way to go.
[/quote]

Nothing is as bad as public schools around here except maybe a prison.

I have met homeschoolers that it would be the same if their kids were simply playing hookey all year long.

I am all for homeschooling if it is done right, but I don't do blanket statements as to whether Christian school or homeschooling is better. :)

Guest Guest

Lol I've seen enough of supposedly "good, IFB Christian school" to know that I will make a blanket statement to say that homeschool is by far superior.

Katy-Anne

• Members

[quote="Katy-Anne"]
Lol I've seen enough of supposedly "good, IFB Christian school" to know that I will make a blanket statement to say that homeschool is by far superior.

Katy-Anne
[/quote]

I've seen enough lazy homeschooling families to know that blanket statements like that are completely false. :D

That or so proud and isolated that their children grow up with their nose in the air and have no social skills whatsoever.

I am not saying this is a blanket statement. I've met awesome homeschooled kids.

I personally attended public, Christian, AND homeschool myself while growing up, and have a degree in education, so I feel that I am very familiar with what is superior education and what is not. :wink:

I do know the public schools here stink... but as far as Christian vs. homeschool, it totally depends on the school, and totally depends on the family.

• Members

I would place a truly Christian oriented homeschool as the best option, with a truly Christian oriented Christian school as the next best option.

All public schools are at the bottom of the list as they are all godless.

Those Christian schools which use the same material as public schools and basically follow public school teaching guidlines, I don't believe should even be allowed to call themselves Christian schools.

What's the difference between ungodly material being taught from in a public school than in a Christian school?

Of course, many Christian schools are run by liberal and far from biblical "Christians" so it's no wonder they are as they are.

As with all things, it's a matter of the priority placed upon the Word of God.

• Members

I'd rather homeschool my kids

I graduated high school last year and I'm attending Bible college, and it has been a big relief for me to be able to fellowship with more friends at school.

The things I miss from public high school were the higher quality textbooks and academic standards. Aside from that, you're likely to be influenced by peers in public school.