• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

God_is_good

To My Little Sister

How do you love a persson
Who never got to be,
Or try again to see a face
You never got to see?

How do you mourn the death of one
Who never got to live?
When there's nothing to feel good about
And nothing to forgive?

I love you, little sister,
You're a person of the wind,
Free to be the memory
Of all that might have been.

I love you,little sister,
My companion of the night,
Wandering through my lonely hours,
Beautiful and bright.

What does it mean to die before
You ever can be born,
To live the lonely night of life
And never see the dawn?

Ah! My little sister,
You lived like anyone!
Life's a burst of joy and pain,
And then, like yours, it's done.

I love you, little sister,
Just as if you'd lived for years.
No more, no less, I think of you.
The angel of my tears.
Andrea Gabrielli

Thanks, it was for my little sister who was miscarried, I obviously never knew her so people did not know how to reacted when it upset mme so bad, I wanted to show everyone that she was a human being and that I had the right to grieve. I have many more about her and my older sister who passed away with cancer

I can kind of relate to that. My Mom had a daughter that only lived for an hour and a half. Then she had twins, a boy and a girl, that were still-born. Then she had me, and nearly seven years later, after the doctors told her she would never get pregnant again, she had my sister.

This was beautiful It reminded me of the time we move back to Ontario from B.C. my mom was expecting and she lost it how hard I was because this kind of thing was not spoken about. I didnt find out until years later when I was already married.

Thanks, it was for my little sister who was miscarried, I obviously never knew her so people did not know how to reacted when it upset mme so bad, I wanted to show everyone that she was a human being and that I had the right to grieve. I have many more about her and my older sister who passed away with cancer

Very beautiful! This brought tears to my eyes since I can relate to it very well. My wife miscarried our second child. We never even got to know if the baby was a boy or girl. I always dream of seeing a daughter in Heaven, but then it is my dream, I don't know.

Sometimes you don't understand why God lets us go through these things. We learned one reason why my wife miscarried. OUr neighbors, who are the same age as us, were expecting also. She miscarried her first child a couple of months after us. We were able to help them through this trial in their lives.

Now my wife and I have a son, Nathaniel Ryan, who is 5, and child in Heaven, a daughter, Esther Hannah, who turned 2 yesterday, and a son, Jonathan Craig, who - Lord willing - will be born in mid September. Hence, my screen name - dadof4