• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Painting anyone?

CJP56

• Members

Does anyone here every paint with watercolors or craft paints, or tempera? Oils, acrylics? I love to paint but I have NO talent for it. I paint when the mood strikes, and I encourage my grandkids to draw and paint. It's a lot of fun. CJP56.

This is actually my degree field! Try watercolour with your grandchildren but make sure you buy art grade watercolour paper--very worth it! Once they are finished allow each one to sprinlek salt on one area of painting-but this area must be damp or you won't get the effect! Have fun!! Frame them and hang . They'll always remeber ! Pixiedust You may like to try the paint by numbers of famous well known painters. Very stress releaving! I hope I helped alitle!

• Administrators

I'm not talented enough to paint something from scratch. I used to be able to draw somewhat, but haven't done it in a good while. I do, however, enjoy painting by number (it's the easiest way for the less talented! :Green ). Haven't done that in a good while, either. One of these days....

• Administrators
I love paint by number too but haven't done that for a long time. My eyes aren't what they used to be. I wouldn't have a clue how to post a picture on here but I will get Bakers6 to help me with it. CJP56.

Many years ago I bought a set of paint by number that was really cute - an old fashioned girl in different places in an old fashioned kitchen. My idea was to paint them (there were 4) and frame them for my future kitchen (I was single at the time). I was working at a camp, and enjoyed working on them to relax. One day, after taking care of some of my responsibilities, I returned to the kitchen. One of the girls who helped me out there once in a while was sitting at the table with my pictures...all done, and very poorly to boot. She smiled at me and told me that she wanted to help me and finished them for me.

My heart sank - I wanted to cry, because it was a really, really bad job. But her smile was so happy...all I could do was smile and tell her thank you. When she left at the end of the week, I threw them away. I haven't really done any since, because I haven't had time. But I sure have wished I could find that particular set again!

Ah, well, the little disappointments in life, eh? :Green

• Members

I have sketched most of my life, but found out a couple of years ago I can paint. I prefer acrylics, because you can turn them into oil or watercolour depending on what you put in the paint. I have plans to start a sewing and crafts business, but have a hard time finding the time to do it.

• Members
This is actually my degree field! Try watercolour with your grandchildren but make sure you buy art grade watercolour paper--very worth it! Once they are finished allow each one to sprinlek salt on one area of painting-but this area must be damp or you won't get the effect! Have fun!! Frame them and hang . They'll always remeber ! Pixiedust You may like to try the paint by numbers of famous well known painters. Very stress releaving! I hope I helped alitle!

Do you sell your art? What do you paint? I was thinking of a few types of painting, mainly nature. But I wanted to combine it with a christian theme.

• 2 months later...