• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Ban The Person Above You" Game

• Members

Ban Rachel because I'm totally from Kansas, but am just in CA for a few months, and I think "cotton-pickin'" is hilarious, but I was trying to get at the phrase "my goodness" that people use in the place of "my God" without really thinking about it (since Jesus IS our goodness).

• Members

ban samer for 1.moving to ca from kansas (why on earth would you want to live THERE?!?! :D j/k 2.for thinking cotton-pickin is funny...tell that to my grandma who used to pick it for a living! and 3.because i really only meant "my goodness"...i am from the south, and once its in there, it never gets out!! thats what you get coming from a lonnnng line of people who pick cotton, goodness gracious!! :)

• Members

Ban Rachel for being awesome like that, even for something so ingrained in common vocabulary.
And because "Oh my Word!" is another reference to Jesus that's snuck into our Christian language when people tried to be sneaky about blasphemy, and everybody has cottin-pickin' been using it ignorantly ever since.