• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Ban The Person Above You" Game

• Members

Ban Aleksey because Hebrews 6:4-6 teaches that, if it's possible to lose one's salvation (John 10:28 teaches otherwise), it can never be regained...Although I agree, that what you're talking about with your dad is evidence of not being saved. (And also a ban because personal experiences, no matter how sad, aren't a guide to interpreting Scripture).

The parable of the sower in Matthew 13 is a good guide regarding true and false conversions, and how many people can appear to be Christians for a while, and even be sincere, and yet fall away.

http://www.livingwaters.com/listenwatch2.shtml
http://www.livingwaters.com/listenwatch.shtml

• Members

Ban Aleksey because when we seek to live by the law, we fall under its impossible weight, because the Bible teaches the law is a yoke of bondage. So when a Christian is living like that, trying to follow all the rules legalistically, he will always, always fail, and will be quite miserable, and in that sense will not have grace in his life. It doesn't mean losing salvation, but rather, they're no longer experiencing the love and grace of God if they're trying to follow this path--the path of the Judaizers Paul is warning about. Paul says "I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded," because he knows that true salvation brings fruits, and the Holy Spirit will guide them, but at the same time, Christians can be confused for a time if they allow themselves to be carried by every wind of doctrine.

• Members

Ban Samer cuz I can explain away any verse he posts. We're not really going to prove anything to each other this way.

As a side note, I wouldn't really mind visiting Regency sometime if I could even if I don't believe in OSAS. I don't see why visiting my church is that bad if you do.

And Ban Samer for starting this arguement.

• Members

Ban Aleksey because I mean stuff like Romans chapter 8 (and Ephesians 1 while we're at it) is extremely confusing in light of conditional security...I really wouldn't know how to piece it all together. (Disclaimer: Calvinism is bunk. :mrgreen: )