• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Ban The Person Above You" Game

• Members

Ban NN for being so hard on Rosie for not lifting up her eyes to see the person above her to be banned...Her heart is simply not haughty.

Psalm 131:1 (KJV)  1 LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me. 

• Members

Ban HC for not pointing out wherein I falsely accused her...if I have falsely accused her of confusion in her previous post, then I will restore confusion to her fourfold.   :bleh:

Luke 19:8 (KJV)
8  Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. 

• Members

Ban GP for not acting as if Christ was in him and to shout Amen...

2 Corinthians 1:18-20 (KJV)
18  But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay.
19  For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.
20  For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. 

Actually, concerning my "biblical accumen" as John put it.  Blame my pastor.  You see, often during casual time such as on a church camp out, picnic, bus ride someplace, or simply waiting for a period of time, my pastor will fill the dead time with playing "bible games" with us.  Sometimes simply bible verse speed drills, but also sometimes you will just throw out a word, a phrase, or precept, and the first one to stand and read an appropriate scripture from the bible that deals with that word or concept, wins.  After 13 years of such drills, I have become somewhat proficient in taking almost any word or concept from the previous poster and finding a bible verse that uses it.   I highly recommend these fun games!  

Also, hand writing out the entire bible by hand has made me more aware of not just passages, stories, and verses in the bible but individual words that are used.  Especially a rare word.  Such was the case in a previous post when NN mentioned the word "schism", an odd word that I knew only appears once in the entire bible, so it was an easy response.  

Bro. Garry