• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can God use/speak thru unsaved

• Members

Can God use/speak to people through others that have no relatiohsip with Him? Can those who do not live by the Spirit display the fruit of the Spirit?

This is a question that was posed to me by a young christian man, that is not attending an IFB, I am going to endeavor to answer this for him but would like all your insight too....thanks...Scripture please... :Green

• Members

49.And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all ,
50.Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
51.And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
52.And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad .
53.Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death .John 11:49-53

Here we see an example of an unsaved Pharisee prophesying - God speaking through an unsaved person.

39.And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
40.And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace , the stones would immediately cry out .Luke 19:39-40

And an example of Jesus saying rocks would praise Him audibly if His disciples did not.
Hope this helps!

• Members

God can use or speak through anyone.

The actual fruit of the Spirit can only be displayed by those walking in the Spirit. It is possible for others to display things similar, but not actually the fruit of the Spirit, which requires the Spirit in order to be produced.

God-given discernment is needed in these situations (always, really).

• Members

Don't forget our unsaved government leaders who also rule by God's authority...

Daniel 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Biblically, there are instances wherein God has used animals (a donkey, a rooster, and a whale) to convey his message (in one form or another) to an intended audience.... Jonah, Peter.... But the danger in the handling of this subject is that you may choke a babe in Christ on something too solid (meaty) for a toddler.

The result could be a young Christian getting the notion that some reprobate or a backslid Christian could be just as much a reliable source of God's discerning God's will as a solid grounded Christian. I've seen many weak, babes in Christ get terrible advice on spiritual matters from lost people and backslid Christians which led to retarded spiritual growth and that to be later undone and cleaned up. Like planting a garden with weeds and briars....sooner or later the things have to be rooted up and pulled out. Had been better to plant good seed at the first instead.... ya follow?

Like getting advice on Bible interpretation from a lost person :loco

• Members
Can God use/speak to people through others that have no relatiohsip with Him? Can those who do not live by the Spirit display the fruit of the Spirit?

This is a question that was posed to me by a young christian man, that is not attending an IFB, I am going to endeavor to answer this for him but would like all your insight too....thanks...Scripture please... :Green

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

I've known people who are kind and appear to love, would give you the shirt off their back, others that appeared to be happy and upbeat all the time(Joy). I know others who seem content and never seem to get upset (peace), others are gentle, honest and seemingly upright people (good), and some even appear to have faith, some have a meek attitude and others exercise self control (temperance). Foiks can have a form of godliness, but if they deny the Lord Jesus, the Bible says "turn away". And if you read the previous four verses,92 Timothy 3:1-4) you will see why.

If it is God speaking, it will always line up with the word of God. I would be careful listening to anyone, even professing Christians, even preachers. Be a 'Berean' Christian....Check it out first, Read and believe what the BIble says.

• Members

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

I've known people who are kind and appear to love, would give you the shirt off their back, others that appeared to be happy and upbeat all the time(Joy). I know others who seem content and never seem to get upset (peace), others are gentle, honest and seemingly upright people (good), and some even appear to have faith, some have a meek attitude and others exercise self control (temperance). Foiks can have a form of godliness, but if they deny the Lord Jesus, the Bible says "turn away". And if you read the previous four verses,92 Timothy 3:1-4) you will see why.

If it is God speaking, it will always line up with the word of God. I would be careful listening to anyone, even professing Christians, even preachers. Be a 'Berean' Christian....Check it out first, Read and believe what the BIble says.

Right, God could use a lost person, but most of the time only false teachings will come from a lost person, no matter how good they are.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1 Cor 2:14-15 (KJV)

For the lost person does not have the Holy Spirit abiding within them to guide them to the truths.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

While I believe God could communicate through whatever media He desired, we now have his completed Word. There is no need for him to speak through donkeys, burning bushes, clouds, etc. We have the Word of God and Pastors (men of God) that can help us communicate with God. There are many unsaved wise people, but if it is of a spiritual matter, I would consult the Bible or your pastor.