• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tuna Packets

• 4 years later...
  • Members

I haven't heard of them, what are they?

I usually use tuna in oil. I use it in Salad Niçoise with anchovies, egg etc. I use the oil from the Tuna and anchovies with vinegar to make a vinaigrette for the salad. Yum, its making me feel hungry.

• Members

I haven't heard of them, what are they?

I usually use tuna in oil. I use it in Salad Niçoise with anchovies, egg etc. I use the oil from the Tuna and anchovies with vinegar to make a vinaigrette for the salad. Yum, its making me feel hungry.

The tuna comes in a sealed pouch rather than a can and they need no draining. However, they do cost a little more than tuna in a can.

• Members

I had tuna and anchovy salad with chips today, but the tuna was a tin in oil.

Have they shrunk the amount of tuna you get there? The cans of tuna here used to contain enough tuna to make two nice sandwiches but now the containers are smaller and there is only enough tuna for one sandwich...but the prices never went down!

• Members

Have they shrunk the amount of tuna you get there? The cans of tuna here used to contain enough tuna to make two nice sandwiches but now the containers are smaller and there is only enough tuna for one sandwich...but the prices never went down!

I think the tuna has satyed the same, enough for 2 or 3 sandwiches but the price has gone up dramatically, especially if you buy those that call themselves Tuna Steaks, rather than Tuna pieces. I only buy it when it is on special offer, such as buy one get one free.

When I worked in London, I often went to a corner cafe and had Jacket potato and tuna or tuna and cole slaw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

:clapping: I actually ate tuna a few times last week. :coffee2:

I did tuna (from a can) with vinegar, on French bread slices for our tea after our carol service yesterday. Much tastier than the sandwiches that others did.
Due to the bad snowy weather, there were not too many there. None of our old people were there.