• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What do Baptists say about...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
There are so many flavors of Baptist that you really can't go by that anymore. You need to find out what "Baptist" means to any potential spouse who claims to be Baptist.

Mitch

Right - that's why I mentioned Baptist from like churches!!! Of course, that doesn't guarantee salvation, either!

• Members
Kevin, Please, please, do not put words in my mouth. Please show me where I made the statement, "That Baptist were the only ones in heaven." In my many post on this board you will not find a single place that I have made such a statement.

I stand by my statement, its not base on what I think, what I believe, but on the Bible. You would do very good to back up what you think, what you believe with God's Word.

In my 60 years of life I have seen many Baptist marry outside to the Baptist teachings, 80% of them left the Baptist church for one of the other churches of this world or either stopped attending church and did not raise their children up in church and now their children may be forever lost to the prince of this world.

It does no good to point out to you what the Bible says, you care less about it and more about the opinion you have formed in you 19 years or more of being on this earth.

What you bring to this board, it surely must be a very liberal Baptist Church that you attend or you do not listen to your pastors and do not attend Sunday School. Seems like i remember that you stated that you do not attend Sunday School, shame on you. For conservative Baptist do not carry the liberal views you bring to this board.

No, I haven't simply formed an opinion in my 19 years of life. I'm still trying to figure it all out as most of us are. But actually I go to a very conservative IFB church and I do go to Sunday School. I don't really think I bring liberal views to the board either. At least not in light of Scripture, though perhaps in light of your idea of the Baptist church. I don't know. I'll probably continue going to a Baptist church, at least until I go to Korea, and we'll see what the Lord has for me there. I like the core doctrines of the Baptist church but they aren't the only ones who hold to them. I'm still praying about it, I'll see where the Lord leads me. There are a lot of things and people that have caused me to become a bit disillusioned with it. I want to see real Christianity and real love amongst the brethren and I see amongst Baptists all too often a focus on the law and standards and people are completely left out of the picture. There is no unity because everyone is separating from each other for some reason or another. Where has real Christianity gone? I want to see real sincere Christianity, not simply following a list of guidelines set down by the Baptist church. :dunno:

• Members
Kevin, Please, please, do not put words in my mouth. Please show me where I made the statement, "That Baptist were the only ones in heaven." In my many post on this board you will not find a single place that I have made such a statement.

I stand by my statement, its not base on what I think, what I believe, but on the Bible. You would do very good to back up what you think, what you believe with God's Word.

In my 60 years of life I have seen many Baptist marry outside to the Baptist teachings, 80% of them left the Baptist church for one of the other churches of this world or either stopped attending church and did not raise their children up in church and now their children may be forever lost to the prince of this world.

It does no good to point out to you what the Bible says, you care less about it and more about the opinion you have formed in you 19 years or more of being on this earth.

What you bring to this board, it surely must be a very liberal Baptist Church that you attend or you do not listen to your pastors and do not attend Sunday School. Seems like i remember that you stated that you do not attend Sunday School, shame on you. For conservative Baptist do not carry the liberal views you bring to this board.

I'm surprised that this type of a personal attack on a person's character is allowed here. Kevin is no more "liberal" than many others on this forum.

• Members

I agree with John and Jerry that baptist should consider marrying other baptists. Well, people should marry other people whom they agree with. My husband and I are both baptist, except he is more of a less strict southern baptist and I am IFB. When it comes to our son's education, I feel our son should be sent to a Independent baptist school (we have one here in our area), but my husband did not. He wanted our son to go to the best school with the best education. We are like the three-legged race going different direction when it comes to how we should raise our son. I ended up letting my husband do it his way since we really don't have the money to pay for our son's education anyhow. My son's grandfather would not pay for christian school.

• Members
I ended up letting my husband do it his way since we really don't have the money to pay for our son's education anyhow.

You let your husband do it his way? Maybe I'm misreading your post, but this doesn't sound like a very "submissive" attitude from a wife who is IFB. Money is not the issue -- the ultimate decision is the husband's. The wife may disagree with his decision, but she doesn't give him permission to make a decision.

Mitch

• Members

no, I give him my feedback. I just stop telling him what I think, that's all. We had a choice of sending our son to public school, if his father didn't pay for the schooling.

A wife can be concern for their child's welfare. Like if the school is putting too much pressure. I have told my husband that I think the school might be putting our son alot of pressure because he have a meltdown (cranky, fussy, etc. ) everyday after school and it have not improved. And that we should consider a school that would easier. My husband deny it because our son tells him he love his school. Those type of opinions I am talking about. I just decided just not let my husband know what I have noticed or found out from our son's school.

Now if you think the idea of being submissive if the wife should not share her opinion with her husband, then that's another issue.

• Administrators

A wife can be concern for their child's welfare. Like if the school is putting too much pressure. I have told my husband that I think the school might be putting our son alot of pressure because he have a meltdown (cranky, fussy, etc. ) everyday after school and it have not improved. And that we should consider a school that would easier. My husband deny it because our son tells him he love his school. Those type of opinions I am talking about. I just decided just not let my husband know what I have noticed or found out from our son's school.

Kids will often be one way with Mom and another with Dad. Maybe his meltdown is for your benefit so you will sympathize with him. Been there with my son. Instead of sympathizing (if you do), you could tell him that you aren't going to put up with his crankiness, and that he needs to stop. And then enforce it. It's amazing how cheerful kids can be once they are required to stop being grumpy! :lol:

• Members

Kids will often be one way with Mom and another with Dad. Maybe his meltdown is for your benefit so you will sympathize with him. Been there with my son. Instead of sympathizing (if you do), you could tell him that you aren't going to put up with his crankiness, and that he needs to stop. And then enforce it. It's amazing how cheerful kids can be once they are required to stop being grumpy! :lol:

I have already done that. He does it in school too which almost got him kicked out if I haven't talk his teacher on letting him stay in that school . I could easily just give up and let the teachers decide that our son is not emotionally capable to handle the pressure in that school, but I knew my husband wanted his son in that school . I told the teachers to let me try another method. Last night our son was suppose to watch the fireworks, and he was so scared that we couldn't talk any sense in him. He was dragging his dad almost near the street because he was scared. Anyway, I just wanted chevy know know what I meant.