• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My favorite topic

• Members

We really do need another dead horse to beat soooo I offer this scenario... :Green

Scenario

I am the owner of a farm and as the owner I need laborers to work on my farm. The workers that I need don?t know that I need them and I cannot tell them I need them because there is no way they would hear me and there is know way for them to know who I am and there is no way for them to respond to me.

After much consideration I decide that I don?t need all the potential laborers and therefore will pick a few and leave the rest to what ever happens to them after all I am the boss and can run my farm any way I choose.

Now how do I choose which laborers to work on my farm? I know I will just randomly meander through time and just choose my workers. But I still have a problem they do not know who I am and since they don?t know who I am they cannot agree to work for me so how am I going to get them to agree to work for me with out them knowing who I am? I got it I will regenerate the minds of those I want so they can know who I am?

But if they know who I am maybe they won?t want to work for me. Well since I am the boss I will just make a rule that they have no choice they have to work on my farm. There I feel better already.

What happens if they run away? Well if they run away that is just proof that I did not pick them.

But iffff I did not pick them and regenerate their minds how could they run away from me since there is no way they could respond to me to start with?

Boy this is getting confusing.

Maybe I should think about this some more?

orvals

• Members

Good thing God's thoughts are not our thoughts nor His ways our ways. :Green

When God says whosoever will may come, we can believe it. When God says that He loved the whole world we can believe it. When God says that no one seeks after Him and is incapable of knowing Him w/o His help we can believe that. When God says chosen, elected, etc. we can believe that too in the context in which it was written.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I worked at a place in Indiana years ago that was a tulip factory. The working conditions were so bad I lasted less than a week! My Mom lasted a little longer but she quit soon too because of the pain she was in from the work. So, when you get a bouquet from a florist that has tulips in it, just remember what it cost some poor pain-wracked person! Maybe conditions have improved over the years at places like that one. I hope so! I do know the place has been out of business for a long time. My I'm cheerful today! CJP56.