• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Best, Worst and Fave

• Members

With all the talk of Lincoln on this board and since I saw a similar thread on another board...

Who were the 3 best Presidents America has had and why? This can be constitutionally, morally, spiritually, etc.

Who were the 3 worst Presidents America has had and why? This can be constitutionally, morally, spiritually, etc.

Who is your favorite President to study/read about? (This can include one you don't like if you spend a lot of time reading about him)

• Members
With all the talk of Lincoln on this board and since I saw a similar thread on another board...

Who were the 3 best Presidents America has had and why? This can be constitutionally, morally, spiritually, etc.

The very best in the following order::::::::::::

Abe Lincoln, Geo. Washington, Teddy Roosevelt

Who were the 3 worst Presidents America has had and why? This can be constitutionally, morally, spiritually, etc.

In the following order of the absolute worst to less evil:::::::::

B. H. Obama (liar, communist, baby murderer, etc.), Billy-boy Clinton (aka teflon-Willie), Jimmy Carter (weak, wimpy, and willy-nilly)

Who is your favorite President to study/read about? (This can include one you don't like if you spend a lot of time reading about him)
Abe Lincoln because he was by far the very best president this U.S.A. ever had. (I don't for even one minute believe the negatory hype put upon him by his enemies and detractors anymore than I would believe the pharisees that accused Jesus Christ of being born of fornication and/or those that accused Him of casting out demons by the power of Beeelzebub.) :wave::clap:

• Administrators

Best, in order:

George Washington. There is a reason he was called, "First in war, first in peace, first in the hearts of his countrymen." George Washington was a man who loved God and wanted his life to glorify Him. He led his men not just by order, but by example. He begged for God's guidance all the way. He was a Federalist who believed in a strong government, but he was also a state's rights man who believed that a government that was too strong, too intrusive would be, in his words, "a fearful master." We have two obits from English papers about Geo. He was very respected by all!! They make interesting reads!

Teddy Roosevelt. He busted up some monopolies, thus making it possible for smaller businesses to compete. "Walk softly and carry a big stick." He did that well!

Ronald Reagan. Actually, RR and TR are a toss-up. RR did a good job with the economy. His trickle down theory worked to bring prosperity to this country in an unprecedented way. Every POTUS since him has followed it (some more, some less) and we have been financially blessed. Unfortunately, that theory has now been replaced.

Worst 3:

Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln did all he could to bring states under more control of the Federal government. He ignored several aspects of the Constitution and law(state's rights, habeus corpus, etc). He used religious terms to make people think he was a God-fearing man, and yet, IN HIS OWN WORDS, he wasn't. And, IN HIS OWN WORDS, he didn't like blacks. He thought they were inferior, and used them as a political tool during a war he waged to try and bring seceeded states under federal control (unconstitutionally). And then he tried to institute a full-blown income tax, which the people of the country were smart enough to fight against... (btw - I wouldn't compare his "persecution" to Christ's - Christ is the Son of God, and AL didn't much care for Him...)

FDR. Roosevelt brought about sweeping social changes in this country. Social Security, Income Tax...His policies dug us deeper into the Depression instead of getting us out (kinda like what's going to happen with BO!).

Carter. Yuck.

I didn't pick BO 'cause he isn't done yet. He could redeem himself - I have no real hope that he will, but he could. JFK started out prettty badly, but he was beginning to do some pro-American things...and then he got shot. So, maybe BO will see the error of his ways and make some different policy decisions.

My fave would (I think obviously) be George Washington. For the reasons stated above and more. Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's in my family tree, either! :lol: We're also related to Grover Cleveland by marriage. His wife is a descendant of my ggrandfather John Crandall as well! (she brought a silver tea service set to the marriage, and it was supposed to go to my Grandpa, but a cousin got it. :verymad: :Green It's only material goods, but I wouldn't mind to have gotten it!)

• Members

HC,

Did you ever read the book, Fifty Years in the Church of Rome, by Charles Chiniquy? It is a very good book about Lincoln, the Civil war and why it was started, the RCC's involvement in it, and a deep insight into the life and times of Abe Lincoln.

I can show documentation that completely disproves all of your negativism against A. Lincoln. But what would that prove except that strife can be gendered by negativism. Who could possibly want such an awful thing. You'll believe what you will and so will I.

Anyone convinced against their will is of the same opinion still.

• Members
Best, in order:

George Washington. There is a reason he was called, "First in war, first in peace, first in the hearts of his countrymen." George Washington was a man who loved God and wanted his life to glorify Him. He led his men not just by order, but by example. He begged for God's guidance all the way. He was a Federalist who believed in a strong government, but he was also a state's rights man who believed that a government that was too strong, too intrusive would be, in his words, "a fearful master." We have two obits from English papers about Geo. He was very respected by all!! They make interesting reads!

Teddy Roosevelt. He busted up some monopolies, thus making it possible for smaller businesses to compete. "Walk softly and carry a big stick." He did that well!

Ronald Reagan. Actually, RR and TR are a toss-up. RR did a good job with the economy. His trickle down theory worked to bring prosperity to this country in an unprecedented way. Every POTUS since him has followed it (some more, some less) and we have been financially blessed. Unfortunately, that theory has now been replaced.

Worst 3:

Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln did all he could to bring states under more control of the Federal government. He ignored several aspects of the Constitution and law(state's rights, habeus corpus, etc). He used religious terms to make people think he was a God-fearing man, and yet, IN HIS OWN WORDS, he wasn't. And, IN HIS OWN WORDS, he didn't like blacks. He thought they were inferior, and used them as a political tool during a war he waged to try and bring seceeded states under federal control (unconstitutionally). And then he tried to institute a full-blown income tax, which the people of the country were smart enough to fight against... (btw - I wouldn't compare his "persecution" to Christ's - Christ is the Son of God, and AL didn't much care for Him...)

FDR. Roosevelt brought about sweeping social changes in this country. Social Security, Income Tax...His policies dug us deeper into the Depression instead of getting us out (kinda like what's going to happen with BO!).

Carter. Yuck.

I didn't pick BO 'cause he isn't done yet. He could redeem himself - I have no real hope that he will, but he could. JFK started out prettty badly, but he was beginning to do some pro-American things...and then he got shot. So, maybe BO will see the error of his ways and make some different policy decisions.

My fave would (I think obviously) be George Washington. For the reasons stated above and more. Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's in my family tree, either! :lol: We're also related to Grover Cleveland by marriage. His wife is a descendant of my ggrandfather John Crandall as well! (she brought a silver tea service set to the marriage, and it was supposed to go to my Grandpa, but a cousin got it. :verymad: :Green It's only material goods, but I wouldn't mind to have gotten it!)

So as not to divert this thread I'll just agree with LuAnne's excellent post. :thumb

• Administrators
HC,

Did you ever read the book, Fifty Years in the Church of Rome, by Charles Chiniquy? It is a very good book about Lincoln, the Civil war and why it was started, the RCC's involvement in it, and a deep insight into the life and times of Abe Lincoln.

I can show documentation that completely disproves all of your negativism against A. Lincoln. But what would that prove except that strife can be gendered by negativism. Who could possibly want such an awful thing. You'll believe what you will and so will I.

Anyone convinced against their will is of the same opinion still.

Yes, I have read that book - several times, in fact. But I have to tell you that anything Chiniquy said is suspect to me because of his link with Jack Chick.

Much of my negativism against him is due to his own words - and his practices as POTUS. That isn't something that can be misconstrued. I don't want to engender strife, either. And, yes, we will each believe what we will. But my belief system is based on, again, much of his own words and his practices. Not on what others say.

• Members

Yes, I have read that book - several times, in fact. But I have to tell you that anything Chiniquy said is suspect to me because of his link with Jack Chick.

Much of my negativism against him is due to his own words - and his practices as POTUS. That isn't something that can be misconstrued. I don't want to engender strife, either. And, yes, we will each believe what we will. But my belief system is based on, again, much of his own words and his practices. Not on what others say.

A good and true answer.

• Members

Best for the country in the following order:
George Washington
John Adams
James Monroe(a very important president many people know nothing about)

A relevant quote from monroe for today: [marquee]"It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising their sovereignty. Usurpation is then an easy attainment, and an usurper soon found. The people themselves become the willing instruments of their own debasement and ruin."[/marquee]

While not making the list as one of the "best" probably one of the most, if not the most, morally upright president would be Herbert Hoover. He was a man of great personal integrity who was certainly given a difficult situation and unfairly blamed for it too. It is too bad more politicians don't have his character.

Worst for the country in the following order:

FDR
Millard Fillmore
Woodrow Wilson
Jimmy Carter

Yes I know that's four, but there is a lot more competition for "worst".