• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

happy belated valentine's day

• Members

hi there. i'm so glad i got an email from your site. i had forgotten about it (so sorry)

my name is shari... ummm. 35 mom of 2 boys, wife to a great mailman. we're members at Cleveland Baptist, and i teach k5 there with my sister. I adore doing crafts, and singing. i live up in ohio where it's snowing and gross, and soooo depressing. we dream of moving down to NC someday. :Green
(i just thought this gif was fun) :wvlf"

• Members

Welcome! If you plan to move to North Carolina stay far away from the mountains! Move more toward the center or eastern part. That way you might avoid most of the cold winter weather here. Where we live it has been down to 13 degrees, 20 degrees, 15 degrees, etc., with 50 mile per hour winds for days at a time. In addition to that, the roads are very curvy and it is difficult to tell which direction you are going. And we live a long way from the mountains.
In fact, you might want to move to South carolina! The prices of most things are cheaper there than they are here! Just MHO. CJP56. (I do sound cranky, don't I? Hee hee.)

• Members

lol, yeah, we're scoping out the Piedmont area, right in the middle. no mountains, no coast.
i'm just hoping for a little more temperate weather. i don't even mind snow once in a while. we live by the lake, and the weather changes a few times a day. my sinuses are just wacking out all the time, lol. we never know what to wear from day to day. it's insane.

i don't think i'd want the mountains, although they'd be so pretty to look at. :)

36_2_351.gif

• Moderators

Howdy

We have the ideal climate here: very few days above 100, very few days below 0, very few days w/o a breeze, some snow - never deep (and not usually on the ground more than 15 - 20 days), no matter how hot it gets in the summer the nights are not usually above 70's, not humid and muggy (and much farmland).

Where is such a place?? extreme W Ks, near the Co border.

btw CJP56, I'm a hillbilly that the Lord moved to the flatlands and I LOVE the mts. Grew up in the Appalachians.