• Alaska or Hawaii
    • I'm not from America.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm still in the same town that I was born and raised in. In fact no Baptist church was in this town, so I started one. I'm not going anywhere for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

I am from Arkansas (don't hold it against me though hehehe)

Becky, I want hold it against you, if you want hold it against me for being down here in Southwest Arkansas.

Lets see now, I'm about 80 miles from you, about 6 miles west of Nashville.

Becky, I want hold it against you, if you want hold it against me for being down here in Southwest Arkansas.

Lets see now, I'm about 80 miles from you, about 6 miles west of Nashville.

I lived in Manchester, TN for a year.... its 60 mi south of Nashville...

I lived in Manchester, TN for a year.... its 60 mi south of Nashville...

Nashville, Arkansas that is! Are am I missing something? :?

You should have stayed in the south, we could have made a good southern belle out of you!

That's alright, I'm good at that too!

All I can say is, you just have not lived until you have lived in Arkansas. If you had of moved to Arkansas and lived for a while, you just would not want to leave! :sing:

Edited to add.

Several years back I had a friend working at the Tyson's plant here in Nashville as a guard

He told me about this. A fellow from Northwest Arkansas driving for Tyson's at Springdale comes in with a load of chickens.

My friend looked at his bills and told him he was at the wrong Nashville.

The man told him, "No I'm not, this is the only Nashville I know of, how could it be the wrong Nashville?"

My friend told him, "Sorry I can let you in, your bills says Nashville, TN, and that is where you will have to take them."

The driver asked, "Where is Nashville, TN, I never heard of it?" :D

I was born in Meriden, CT. My folks moved back to eastern Maine (where they both were born & raised) when I was a year and a half old. I grew up there. After high school I spent a year in New Bruswick, Canada at a Bible Institute. Then moved to CT (Manchester, Vernon area) where I lived for about 13 years. Back to Maine for a few years until I came to eastern NY to live and work. Been here since. I still have a home in Maine, though, and I expect, Lord willing, to retire there some day. I like this area, but miss my family and the ocean.

[quote="bibleworm"]
100% Alaskan!!!!! i live in north pole Alaska to be exact...haha yes i know santa personally no im not an elf:Pand no i dont live in an igloo.
[/quote]

I would love to visit Alaska. In fact, I've thought about moving there in the past but my wife doesn't like the cold.

[quote="bibleworm"]
100% Alaskan!!!!! i live in north pole Alaska to be exact...haha yes i know santa personally no im not an elf:Pand no i dont live in an igloo.
[/quote]

lol, no igloos? Not even for your dog? :wink:

Actually Santa live a bit farther north at the pole so I wouldn't expect you to know him. :cool:

:lol:

Speaking of "Santa", about a month ago we saw him driving a freight train! :lol:

We were sitting at the gates waiting for the train and when it passed, the guy driving the train looked almost exactly like the classic Santa.

I told my wife times must really be bad if Santa has to take a job driving trains in the off season. :mrgreen:

[quote="bibletotingunslinger"]
I would like to be the first to remind you all that I suspect we all will be neighbors here before long.
I can't waite meet you all.
[/quote]

Amen brother. It should be happening at a moment when we think not.

Looking forward to that precious home-going!

• 3 years later...
  • Lady Administrators

I was born in Seattle. So, about as northwest as one can get - without going to Alaska. :icon_smile: My parents currently live on the peninsula in what has to be the most gorgeous area of the state (and the most gorgeous of any state I've been in - which are many). I don't like the way the state has gone politically, but I wouldn't mind moving back there some time. We are currently living in the midwest, in Indiana. Been here 21 years now...the longest I've ever lived anywhere!

I'm from New York State and would like to go back so I can be close to my lost family members. But, it's hard against homeschoolers and by the time I get out of the Marines we'll still have our kids in homeschooling (not to mention the other 2-3 kids we still want to have). But, I have 7 or so years to plan it, pray on it and hopefully be guided in the perfect spot for us.

I hear Canada pays for some of the curriculum of homseschoolers... :huh:

• 1 month later...