• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is Sunday School Biblical?

Do you go to Sunday School?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you go to Sunday School?

• Never
    • Ocassionaly
    • Most of the time
    • Every week

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If your (anyone in general) pastor wants to have Sunday School then I think members should attend. America today does not like the idea of having pastoral authority, and although a pastor should not manage the personal lives of his flock, he is in charge of the church and if the pastor is teaching the Bible, the members should gladly come.

• Members

We have like 15 different Sunday School classes in our church from kids, to college and career to seniors. I went to the teen class for about a year when we first started back at our church after moving back to Maryland and then our family taught the 5 yr. old class until two years ago when we had to give it up.

I haven't really gone since then mostly because I'm socially challenged. :oops:

Kevin

• Members

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Tim 2:15 (KJV)

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Matt 18:20 (KJV)

What can be unbiblical about Sunday School?

But of course I know its such a hardship for some people to give 2 whole hours on Sunday morning to such a worthwhile thing as Sunday School and preaching service. Sarcasm included on purpose.

• Members

Oops, I voted the wrong one. I voted every week when I should have voted never. My church doesn't have Sunday School for adults but only for children and special needs adults.

Where do the adults go during kids sunday school?