• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pensacola Bible institute

• Members

I want to know what everyones views are on this college.i plan on going next year.right now my two cousins,brother,and sister and her fiance are going there and honestly i can hardly wait to go because i love to study the Bible.theres alot of truth in Dr. Ruckmans stuff but there are some things that arent true(no ones perfect)such as they teach a gap theory which i do not believe in. right now im going to north star bible institute.which teaches the exact same stuff but not as many classes.so im also wondering what you alls think i should do.stay home and keep going to NSBI or go to PBI? i couldnt stand to be away from home. but i want to learn!

sincerely,
Amie Jo

if you ain't got a KJV you ain't got the truth kiddos

• Members

I personally disagree with Ruckman's extreme theology...we have some threads on him here if you want to search for them. We are definately KJV ONLY but we don't believe in several of the things Ruckman teaches. I also do not care for his crass method of dealing with people as I believe Christ taught us to deal with others firmly if necessary, but still with compassion.

I've heard he has an awesome bookstore though. :D

There are some really good Bible colleges as well like Ambassador, Crown, etc.

• Members

Amen

We are definately KJV ONLY but we don't believe in several of the things Ruckman teaches

I understand what you are saying. You know if you really scrutinized most preachers the way people do Dr Ruckman you would find most preachers have some teachings that may not line out with your beliefs.

• Members

I agree with Suzy, Ruckman has stated a lot of things that I haven't heard any other preachers say that were near as wild.

A lot of people from our church go to Pensacola and Pensacola sends me their updates and brochures a lot. Seems like a really good college. Probably not the best for Pastoral studies but good if your looking for more of a traditional but protected college experience.

Or you can do distance learning like me and get a degree in far less than four years and that's accredited which is something most Christian colleges don't offer unfortunately. :)

Kevin

• Members

I want to know what everyones views are on this college.i plan on going next year.right now my two cousins,brother,and sister and her fiance are going there and honestly i can hardly wait to go because i love to study the Bible.theres alot of truth in Dr. Ruckmans stuff but there are some things that arent true(no ones perfect)such as they teach a gap theory which i do not believe in. right now im going to north star bible institute.which teaches the exact same stuff but not as many classes.so im also wondering what you alls think i should do.stay home and keep going to NSBI or go to PBI? i couldnt stand to be away from home. but i want to learn!

sincerely,
Amie Jo

I think the best thing you could do is pray about it and also look into other alternatives. Make sure you go where God wants you to go. He's got the answers. ?

Now I would say that the KJV is definitely the translation for the english speaking people, I would also say there are other good translations in other languages that are good for that language. (The chinese bible is definitely not, though, as my wife and I have learned!!! Just another off shoot of the revised version. Someone needs to do a good chinese translation from the textus receptus.) There is my 2 cents. ?

• Members

To be honest I have never cared much for Pensecola. It is more of a college with a church then a church with a college. I know that probably makes no sense but to me it means a deal. With that being the case I would not go there for any Bible studies (like I would not go there to train to be an evangelist). The guy that you mentioned I have no idea who he is but you already pointed out a major flaw that he teaches. The gap theroy from the way that I understand it anyway changes alot of what the Bible teaches and I would not study myself under anyone that would do such a thing.

• Members

[quote="nodnarb"]
To be honest I have never cared much for Pensecola. It is more of a college with a church then a church with a college. I know that probably makes no sense but to me it means a deal.
[/quote]

That makes perfect sense and I absolutely agree. Amen to that! It is sad that most Baptist colleges are that way. :(

• Members

Peter Ruckman is a pastor who is disqualified from the ministry because he is on his 3rd or 4th wife. He violates the qualifications of 1 Timothy. He teaches heretical teachings concerning the KJV. He believes that the KJV is superior to its original text (double inspiration).

My recommendation is to find somewhere else to go that teaches the truth. Here are some options: Crown, Ambassador, New England Baptist College to name a couple.

• Members

I also want to clear up that Ruckman is in no way connected with Pensacola Christian College. Think what you like about PCC, but realize it is 1 of only 2 liberal arts Christian colleges that is any good. I don't recommend it for ministerial students, but it is far better than any secular university or even BJU.