• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pensacola Bible institute

• Members

[quote="BobOwen"]
Did any of you cut out Psalms 51 yet out of your Bible?

Nope. ... [b]King David had a man killed had adultery with a married women and still was king. Why did God allow any more Psalms in the Bible after all his sins. Why did not God take Song of Solomon out too. Why did he let Solomon stay king? God is not us and He his more mercy than all of us combined.[/b]
[/quote]

Hw can you compare a king to a pastor? God established the role of the pastor. God didn't establish the role of a earthly king (nor approve of it). A king is a dictator. A pastor is a shepherd that is to feed the flock spiritual food. If you believe pastors are kings on earth, do you also believe that Mary is the queen of heaven? Both ideas are ludicrous. Let me quote some verses.
Luke 22:25-27
25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

Jesus Christ gave us the perfect example of a pastor. He was the pastor of the church at that time. Before he ascended back to heaven he said to Peter:

John 21:15-17
15 ¶ So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Now what does forgiveness have anything to do with him being able to stay in the pastorate? It doesn't matter if his wife left him or not, he remarried. Two wrongs don't make a right. He can serve God in a different way but not as a pastor.

Besides that, anyone that teaches the gap theory is not teaching this from God's word. His word is plain and simple. 6 days.

• Members

[quote="chev1958"]
Unfortunately, Kevin Hovind's reputation is tarnished now. He may have produced some good stuff, but his failure to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's overshadows any good work he has done. That's a shame, but that's the way it is. But if he's from Dr. Ruckman's camp and is teaching the gap error, then I'm glad I haven't seen any of his works.
[/quote]

[color=#a30000]
Just a quick note here, Kent Hovind does [b]NOT[/b] believe in the gap theory nor does he teach it. He is vehemently against it and teaches that it is a dangerous doctrine.[/color]

• Members

I am about as mainline IFB as anyone and probably the last person you would think of as a "Ruckmanite", but I have listened to his tapes for years, read the BBB, and know people who currently go to PBI. I find him to be very down-to-earth and practicial.

• Members

i find that i agree with him more than i disagree.all you may believe differently but i believe in alot of his things that he teachs from the bible.my sister,brother,cousins,and my sisters fiance goes there.everyone in my church has either gone,will go,or is going.and i believe God is calling me to study there before i go to Malawi Africa.i have heard that people that go to PBI last the longest out in the field because Dr Ruckman is hard on them PREPARING them for the troubles ahead.i dont want to fail in the field...most of you will say"God will not let you fail" but God helps most the time...he doesnt do everything he expects you to do somin yourself.Im going to go to PBI.i think my mind is made up.at PCC i have heard that many people that go there lose their faith in the KJV as the true holy word of God.and honestly i dont think i could ever trust another bible college.im going to open an orphange in Malawi Africa and i will teach those kids and in order for me to teach them i must be taught and taught according to what i believe.
sure i could study the bible for myself and figure out everything.but that takes years and i would rather learn from the bible quickly within a few years because as im sitting here at my laptop some kid could be starving and no place to go,no clothes to clothe themselves with.

Im going to PBI.as soon i as i finish geometery tho.which means i leave next year around august.and who cares if ill be the youngest there.(i love geometery)

for BobOwen.
i wasnt sure whether you were bashing or not.but im glad you werent.Pastor Robinson is the best Pastor in the whole world.hes kindhearted,and hes out to win souls,and instead of preaching the same sermon over an over again he gives the church real meat of the Bible.im glad to hear you know him and that you know what i mean when i talk about him.he even said my piano playing was good :D which is a big thing for me because i only started piano lessons a month ago and learning classical songs.ill say it again....
MY PASTOR IS THE GREATEST!!!!:D

Amie Jo

(p.s. think thats long enough?)

• Members

Pastor Mitch,

Did you read my previous posts about Ruckman. I"M NOT A RUCKMANITE!!! Dr. Ruckman has had only 2 ex wifes and he is still in good heath for a man over 80.

A lot of Pastors don't get it. I was introduced to the King James Bible from Pastor Steve Sturgeon first. Then we found a great Bible Believing Church over a hour drive away from our home which we made the trip every week the Pastor by the name of Ron Robinson. Then we met Sam Gipp and family twice in two years. After Sam left the second time I kept hearing him and others around our church talk about the Doc or Dr. and PBI. THen I asked who they were talking about. Pastor Brad Frisen and Bro. Paul Huddlestun said you did not know about Dr. Ruckman. They gave me his autobiography and I read it. Also some of his messages.

So you are totally blameless too?? Never sinned huh? Sounds like those who say they are like the Nazarene.

BLA'MELESS, a. Without fault; innocent; guiltless; not meriting censure.

Without fault anything folks!!! Men have you ever slept with a lady before marriage? According to the Book your married. The bible says if you have KNOWN a women you have been joining flesh with flesh.

The modern tradition is our wedding ceremonies not what the Bible calls a marriage.

So God does not forgive people. All men must be perfect for them to be any part of the ministry.

All the men who preach who went to PBI are not qualified to preach because they were taught by a sinner and a man who was faulty.

Eat, drink, and be merry because there is not a faultless man on earth!!

Bro. Bob Owen
who Pastor Mitch does not know!!

• Members

Did you know that rat poisoning is 98% corn meal? 98% of it is good stuff. It's just the 2% poison that makes it bad. You may agree with most of the things he says, but if he's teaching the gap theory, that makes him a heretic. If you agree with it and wish to discuss the validity of the theory we can do that in another post. However, most everyone on this board is not deluded by it.

• Members

JJJ,
do you read my posts?

Here is what I said:
Pastor Ron Robinson was my Pastor in Oregon long ago. I heard about the gap theory from him first. Matter of fact I even after the sermon that he mention it he showed it to me. He is a good friend of our family I've watch his kids grow up. I was introduced to him after I heard a message from Pastor Steve Stergeon about the King James Bible.

Pastor Ron was Pastored under Lester Roloff not Dr. Ruckman.

Did I say I heard the gap theory from Dr. Ruckman? Nope!!
Did I say I beleieved the gap theory? Nope!!

I've not seen in scripture any thing to say it is not true either. I don't think it is poison to hear from the list of Pastors I listed earlier??

• Members

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]
[color=#a30000]What is so deadly about the gap theory is that it [b]is a compromise [/b]for Christians who try to reconcile what the Bible says with what evolutionists say. Evolution is a false religion; it is not science.

The gap theory is 100% wrong. God says He created everything in 6 literal days. Period.[/color]
[/quote]

I fully remember being indoctrinated into the Gap Theory with the Scofield Bible and the Bible Church we attended when I got saved at the age of 12 (early summer of 1956). That was fifty years ago. Just look at the evil and corrupt fruit that false teaching has borne. From that false religion and its ilk we now have all manner of apostasy and error. It is clearly seen in the false Bible versions, the MVs, sloppy Christian music, aka CCM, and the modern Southern Gospel stuff with its moon-croon style and mush-gush antics from the performers.

A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

It's all part of the falling away of the last days.

• Members

[quote="BobOwen"]
JJJ,
do you read my posts?

Here is what I said:
Pastor Ron Robinson was my Pastor in Oregon long ago. I heard about the gap theory from him first. Matter of fact I even after the sermon that he mention it he showed it to me. He is a good friend of our family I've watch his kids grow up. I was introduced to him after I heard a message from Pastor Steve Stergeon about the King James Bible.

Pastor Ron was Pastored under Lester Roloff not Dr. Ruckman.

Did I say I heard the gap theory from Dr. Ruckman? Nope!!
Did I say I beleieved the gap theory? Nope!!

I've not seen in scripture any thing to say it is not true either. I don't think it is poison to hear from the list of Pastors I listed earlier??
[/quote]

I did not say you believed in it. Just said if you do we can discuss it in another post. I am glad to know you do not believe this.

What is the gap theory? It is an attempt to unite the worse heresy schemed by man: evolution; with the only written truth we have from God: the Bible.

Compromise. Plain and simple.

What is devastating about it? The Bible says:

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

According to the gap theory, death is not a result from sin. If millions or billions of years happened between the verses in Genesis, and many animals died during that time and placed fossils, then death is something natural and not a punishment from God. Therefore sin is not the cause of death. Therefore no need for a Saviour.

Also, according to gap theory, God didn't mean it when he said, Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. [b]And the evening and the morning were the first day[/b]." Nor did he mean that "And the evening and the morning were the second day." and each other time it says this.

So much for God being honest. I don't know how you could get anything else out of, "And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

The Jews seemed to understand what he meant pretty well with the sabbath. It didn't mean some abstract thing such as "a long time period".

Compromise is how the catholic church got started.

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

You take out the first precepts and all the rest fall out. I wouldn't be surprised if they soon stop teaching salvation by grace through faith (assuming they still do).