• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pensacola Bible institute

• Members

[b]Have anyone one here ever MET Dr. Ruckman??
Have you ever called him and ask him a question??
Have you ever heard his complete testimony from him in his own words???

Have anyone here had a parent divorce another parent??

Has anyone here read your Bible in your life time over 200 times cover to cover??

Has anyone here tithed over 25%?

Has anyone here heard of the following:
James Modlish
Steve Stergeon
Doug Fisher
Rick DeMichele
Rick Sowell
Brad Frisen
Paul Huddlestun
Ken Blue
John Paisley
Tim Shanks
John Haveman
Chuck Schlink
Nick Serino
Ron Robinson
and on and on and on ....

Did any of you cut out Psalms 51 yet out of your Bible?

Bro Bob Owen[/b]

• Members

1Co 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

• Members

[quote="BobOwen"]
[b]Have anyone one here ever MET Dr. Ruckman??

Has anyone here read your Bible in your life time over 200 times cover to cover??

James Modlish
Steve Stergeon
Doug Fisher
Rick DeMichele
Rick Sowell
Brad Frisen
Paul Huddlestun
Ken Blue
John Paisley
Tim Shanks
John Haveman
Chuck Schlink
Nick Serino
Ron Robinson

Bro Bob Owen[/b]
[/quote]

Have anyone one here ever MET Dr. Ruckman??

Nope

Nope

Nope

1 Timothy 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, [b]the husband of one wife[/b], vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Satan knows the scriptures pretty well too. So what does this prove?

What I tithe is between God and I, but it usually is more then what you are asking.

James Modlish
Steve Stergeon
Doug Fisher
Rick DeMichele
Rick Sowell
Brad Frisen
Paul Huddlestun
Ken Blue
John Paisley
Tim Shanks
John Haveman
Chuck Schlink
Nick Serino
Ron Robinson

Nope, are those country singers? Don't listen to that kind of music...

Nope.

2 Timothy 3:16 [b]All[/b] scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Bro Bob Owen

There is a forum just for polls. :D You might want to try your questions there! Just a thought! :idea:

• Members

Good posting JJJ!

And in response...I was saying that one of my main problems with Ruckman (not counting the fact he's a career divorcee and has some wacky end times, creation, and alien theology) is that he is very crass and rude to others.

All the "good works" he has done count for nothing if he is mean spirited. And yes I have heard him preach...it was the meanest, most unhelpful sermon I have heard...I have had very good friends in the past who were very good friends with Ruckman. I have to say that although I hope to consider us still friends, their doctrine is getting weirder and weirder (although they claim to not follow with Ruckman anymore).

Not to mention the pretty obvious that he shouldn't even be in the pulpit anyhow. I guess if one has a large enough following that nixes what God has to say about it?

hahaha...JJJ, many of the guys listed up there are preachers ;) You just never heard of them cuz they aren't in your "circle"...or whatever. There's lots of Bible-believing preachers out there that you've never heard of...and they aren't "Ruckmanites" and don't have strange doctrine...even if they went to PBI.

• Members

JJJ
Have anyone one here ever MET Dr. Ruckman??

Nope .... [b]Well I have and I will not judge him because he was called to preach![/b]

Nope .... [b]I have and I have heard others ask him about his marriages on the radio[/b]

Nope ....[b]Again I have read his testimony and heard him three times about his testimony.[/b]

Have anyone here had a parent divorce another parent?? [b]I have had my dad divorce my mom twice and after the first time he almost died twice. He was a very strong man and was taken down to nothing with heart disease. After the second divorce he was almost homeless. Then he remarried and had to live with heart failure till he died last year.[/b]

1 Timothy 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

[b]Yes I know my scripture. Let me correct you on some things about the divorces of Dr. Ruckman. First marriage he never got the divorce his ex wife failed to get it granted in lower court and she took it to the Supreme Court of Alabama and she lost. She also lost all rights to alimony because she was found to have tried to defraud the court in filing false accusations against him. The second marriage his wife tried for 12 years to destroy him by getting the church against him and almost succeeded by doing so. When confronted she lied then in front of the whole church in 1988 she confessed that she lied and stated in front of all present that she was the one that wanted to still divorce him. I have heard from 4 eyewitness accounts of this event before I read it or heard the Dr. speak of it.[/b]

Has anyone here read your Bible in your life time over 200 times cover to cover?? [b]that most Christians who say they stand by the book don't know it enough to judge anyone!![/b]

Satan knows the scriptures pretty well too. So what does this prove?

Has anyone here tithed over 25%? [b]Dr. Ruckman has given always above he has ever need or had to give. Can you live on $30 a week and had God bless you.[/b]

What I tithe is between God and I, but it usually is more then what you are asking.

James Modlish
Steve Stergeon
Doug Fisher
Rick DeMichele
Rick Sowell
Brad Frisen
Paul Huddlestun
Ken Blue
John Paisley
Tim Shanks
John Haveman
Chuck Schlink
Nick Serino
Ron Robinson

Nope, are those country singers? Don't listen to that kind of music...
These are all KJV only preachers look them up ... and they are not friends of David Cloud

Nope. ... [b]King David had a man killed had adultery with a married women and still was king. Why did God allow any more Psalms in the Bible after all his sins. Why did not God take Song of Solomon out too. Why did he let Solomon stay king? God is not us and He his more mercy than all of us combined.[/b]

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Bro Bob Owen

[b]I'm not a "Ruckmanite" but I would stand up for what God has placed before us. My dad divorced my mom and got heart disease from it and lived a short life. Dr. Ruckman's wives divorced him and he did all that was humanly possible to reconciled and they still divorced him. God should have had him killed according to standard procedure. Why is he still going?????
I was warned 18 years ago not to speak against a pastor or evangelist because God would chop my head off. I'm just not going to trust man just God![/b]

• Members

I do not approve of the way Dr. Ruckman treats others.my GRANDPARENTS heard him preach and because of his horrid message they didnt get saved till 12 years later...and yet i am going to his bibe college next year.there are many things i do not agree with of his...but you rarely find anyone you will completely agree with!my parents taught me you have to pick the right apples out of a carton full of bad ones.but dont pick a bad apple its grim will stick a longggg time.i can assure you i will not become like doctor ruckman.but he does have good doctrine mixed in and i will pick it out.(everyone says im to kindhearted to become like that)i do not believe in his gap theory. and some other things.if the bible says it its true to me...and i do NOT see a gap theory in the bible. all i want to do by going there is to learn more about my Bible and if i dont see it in my bible...i wont believe it and that settles everything in my mind.

Amie Jo

• Members

[b]bibleworm

Pastor Ron Robinson was my Pastor in Oregon long ago. I heard about the gap theory from him first. Matter of fact I even after the sermon that he mention it he showed it to me. He is a good friend of our family I've watch his kids grow up. I was introduced to him after I heard a message from Pastor Steve Stergeon about the King James Bible.
The other Pastors that were in my previous post were told to me from him. I even have heard some of Ron and Mary talk about Pastor Lester Roloff. I found Pastor Ron's good friend Pastor Les Sears years later after Ron told me he was looking for him here in California.
Ask Ron and Mary about Bob Owen and family and you will find out that we were good friends of theirs.

Just pointed this out in case you thought I was slamming Pastor Ron Robinson. If it had not been for him I would not have even heard of Dr. Ruckman or Dr. Sam Gipp (who I'm good friends with)[/b]

• Members

Amie Jo

Let me clear up one more thing. I made a copy of Kent Hovind videos years agon and gave them to Ron and his family as well as 20 other people. I know that after we watch that series how Kent showed in scripture and his opinion most of us changed our stand a bit. Dr. Gipp still belives the gap theory I believe.

There is a lot of good teaching at PBI. I just wish that I heard it long ago.

Bro. Bob Owen

• Members

[quote="bibleworm"]
I do not approve of the way Dr. Ruckman treats others.my GRANDPARENTS heard him preach and because of his horrid message they didnt get saved till 12 years later...and yet i am going to his bibe college next year.there are many things i do not agree with of his...but you rarely find anyone you will completely agree with!my parents taught me you have to pick the right apples out of a carton full of bad ones.but dont pick a bad apple its grim will stick a longggg time.i can assure you i will not become like doctor ruckman.but he does have good doctrine mixed in and i will pick it out.(everyone says im to kindhearted to become like that)i do not believe in his gap theory. and some other things.if the bible says it its true to me...and i do NOT see a gap theory in the bible. all i want to do by going there is to learn more about my Bible and if i dont see it in my bible...i wont believe it and that settles everything in my mind.

Amie Jo
[/quote]

[color=#a30000]This makes no sense. :? When I was a teen, the kids in my church went basically to one of two Bible colleges. By the time I graduated from high school, many things about these colleges made it evident that I would be disagreeing more than agreeing and the issues were Biblical issues. I didn't settle for the one I could bear the most or whatever. I prayed for a different college and found one. It had a totally different mindset from the other two.

You don't [b]have[/b] to go to PBI. If you already know there is a lot you disagree with (and I feel the issues are major), then find a different college. It is as simple as that.

If you disagree with the gap theory (and you should), if you disagree with the harshness and rudeness (and you should), if you agree that Ruckman has disqualified himself repeatedly (and you should) then go somewhere else that doesn't have these issues.

Go read Galatians chapter 5 and tell me what those behaviors signify: flesh or spirit?[/color]

• Members

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]
[quote="bibleworm"]I do not approve of the way Dr. Ruckman treats others.my GRANDPARENTS heard him preach and because of his horrid message they didnt get saved till 12 years later...and yet i am going to his bibe college next year.there are many things i do not agree with of his...but you rarely find anyone you will completely agree with!my parents taught me you have to pick the right apples out of a carton full of bad ones.but dont pick a bad apple its grim will stick a longggg time.i can assure you i will not become like doctor ruckman.but he does have good doctrine mixed in and i will pick it out.(everyone says im to kindhearted to become like that)i do not believe in his gap theory. and some other things.if the bible says it its true to me...and i do NOT see a gap theory in the bible. all i want to do by going there is to learn more about my Bible and if i dont see it in my bible...i wont believe it and that settles everything in my mind.

Amie Jo
[/quote]

[color=#a30000]This makes no sense. :? When I was a teen, the kids in my church went basically to one of two Bible colleges. By the time I graduated from high school, many things about these colleges made it evident that I would be disagreeing more than agreeing and the issues were Biblical issues. I didn't settle for the one I could bear the most or whatever. I prayed for a different college and found one. It had a totally different mindset from the other two.

You don't [b]have[/b] to go to PBI. If you already know there is a lot you disagree with (and I feel the issues are major), then find a different college. It is as simple as that.[/color][/quote]

A most hearty AMEN, Bakers-6. :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Also, I can whole-heartily endorse [b]Ambassador Baptist College (ABC)[/b] in North Carolina. I have some very good friends (not to mention a very Godly son in law) that went there.

• Members

bibleworm,

There are several good Baptist colleges out there that follow the Word of God to the letter. By attending those schools, you won't have to spend all that time deciding what's good and what's bad. Plus, if an instructor teaches something you disagree with, you'll have to give the school's answer on exams (that's not easy to do, believe me).

You have the names of several good colleges in this thread (Heartland Baptist Bible College in Oklahoma City - two of my children go there :mrgreen: ). Do some more research and find a solid school. Don't settle for a school that doesn't fit your understanding of Scripture.

Mitch

• Members

BobOwen wrote:[quote]
Yes I know my scripture. Let me correct you on some things about the divorces of Dr. Ruckman. First marriage he never got the divorce his ex wife failed to get it granted in lower court and she took it to the Supreme Court of Alabama and she lost. She also lost all rights to alimony because she was found to have tried to defraud the court in filing false accusations against him. The second marriage his wife tried for 12 years to destroy him by getting the church against him and almost succeeded by doing so. When confronted she lied then in front of the whole church in 1988 she confessed that she lied and stated in front of all present that she was the one that wanted to still divorce him. I have heard from 4 eyewitness accounts of this event before I read it or heard the Dr. speak of it.
[/quote]

In the interest of full disclosure, I have not met Dr. Ruckman, nor do I care to. But if he's talking about his own divorces, as you say he is, then I assume his divorces are true.

You say you know Scripture. Thus, you know 1 Timothy 3 outlines the qualifications for a pastor and a deacon. Scripture is about as clear as it can get that a pastor or deacon has only one wife. And since the marriage principle is one mate for a lifetime, we can extrapolate 1 Tim 3 to mean one wife for a lifetime, not one wife at a time.

Even if you disagree with that, it's obvious that Dr. Ruckman does not rule his own house well, if four wives have rebelled against him. He truly must be a hard man to live with.

Your comments about Kings David and Solomon are moot. They were kings, not pastors or deacons. 1 Timothy 3 applies to pastors and deacons, not kings. In fact, I would add that based on the qualification listed in 1 Timothy 3, God holds the positions of pastor and deacon higher than He holds the position of king. God certainly added more restrictions on pastors and deacons than He did kings.

I'm sorry about your family's involvement with divorce, but what has that got to do with this discussion? I know many good people who fall into the nasty trap of divorce. God can still use them for His glory, but not as pastors or deacons. And just because your family went through divorce doesn't excuse a pastor's disqualification because of divorce.

Why would you want to sit under someone who obviously has no discernment regarding people? Four wives? What gives him the authority to counsel with a married couple if he can't keep his own marriage or marriages intact?

Unfortunately, Kevin Hovind's reputation is tarnished now. He may have produced some good stuff, but his failure to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's overshadows any good work he has done. That's a shame, but that's the way it is. But if he's from Dr. Ruckman's camp and is teaching the gap error, then I'm glad I haven't seen any of his works.

It appears to me that you essentially worship Dr. Ruckman and his disciples. You have been blinded by your adoration for him that you cannot see his error. You may enjoy his preaching, and Scripturally he can still preach, but he's disqualified from pastoring or being a deacon.

Pastor Mitch Holmes