• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pensacola Bible institute

• Members

I was a member of the church that ran New England Baptist College. I have a good friend who graduated from Ambassador and have been on the campus of Crown a number of times.

No offense, but do you have any idea was legalism is? It is not simply having standards.

I also find it interesting that you post these on a thread about a heretical school.

• Administrators
I don't mean to be rude' date=' but have you ever attended any of those colleges?[/quote']
New England Baptist College is a ministry of Central Baptist Church. My wife and I both graduated from the academy. My mom and my wife both taught there, with my mom still currently teaching. Pastor Townsley (Founder of the Church and College) and Pastor Brown of NEBC ordained me, and I attended the college in its early years when it was just an institute. After I finished college I was asked work the church, but the Lord called me elsewhere. I live about 15 minutes away and still attended different meetings there, so I can say I know what I am talking about. Also I was roommates for 2 years with Pastor Townley's brother. I know both the family and church very well.

• Members
I also find it interesting that you post these on a thread about a heretical school.

By the way, I posted about these schools because I was reading the first page or two and saw reference to the three schools we've been talking about and wanted to make a brief comment based on my experience. I am not tryin to start an argument by any means...just share my experience.

• 11 years later...
  • Members

Why would anyone say the gap theory is heresy? For one, where does Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 fit in?? Lucifer shows up in the garden, already fallen, in the creation account in genesis. Thus an obvious gap between verse 1 and verse 2. 

How about the word DARKNESS in Gen. 1:2? Look at how that word is used throughout the whole bible. Sin and judgement are closely connected with the word DARKNESS. 

David

• Administrators
1 hour ago, David01 said:

Why would anyone say the gap theory is heresy? For one, where does Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 fit in?? Lucifer shows up in the garden, already fallen, in the creation account in genesis. Thus an obvious gap between verse 1 and verse 2. 

How about the word DARKNESS in Gen. 1:2? Look at how that word is used throughout the whole bible. Sin and judgement are closely connected with the word DARKNESS. 

David

Thanks for joining. Please feel free to start a new thread to discuss this topic.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members
On 11/20/2006 at 6:52 AM, Pastorj said:

Peter Ruckman is a pastor who is disqualified from the ministry because he is on his 3rd or 4th wife. He violates the qualifications of 1 Timothy. He teaches heretical teachings concerning the KJV. He believes that the KJV is superior to its original text (double inspiration).

My recommendation is to find somewhere else to go that teaches the truth. Here are some options: Crown, Ambassador, New England Baptist College to name a couple.

1 Timothy 3:2  A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach...

You do err not knowing the scriptures, and you err by wresting them to teach what you want it to say.

1 Timothy 3 does not teach what you say it does. If it did, then Paul was not "qualified". Paul had no wife. But it does not say that a bishop is to be "A husband of one wife" it says he is to be "THE husband of one wife" which means that IF he is married, he is to be "the husband" (a title, not a person)...OF one wife (a title, not a person). You also misinterpret the phrase "of one wife". This is a prepositional phrase which tells how many wives the husband is allowed during his marriage. The scripture does NOT say "A husband TO one wife". You must remember that the bible was not written just for America (although, ? I'm almost certain we have a sect that teaches it's ok for bishops to have multiple wives at one time) It was written for everyone, even cultures that believe in having multiple wives (i.e. Africa, Arabian Nations, etc.) 

So it clearly teaches that a bishop, 1) IF he is married, is to be married to 2) ONE WIFE (remember...wife is a title not a person) during the length of that marriage, it does not teach that it lasts for his entire life.

Please do not live in a fantasy world....there are YOUNG pastors out in this world with young children that need a wife to assist in the ministry and a mother to his children. Some have lost there previous wives to either death or some have lost them to going prodigal for the love of the world, and some of these women have abandoned not only their husbands but also their children. To say that God would "disqualify" these men due to circumstances beyond their control is laughable. God does not repent of his callings nor does he put men in shackles and chains, his yoke is EASY and his burden is LIGHT ....only self righteous Pharisees are the ones that like to disqualify others for not being like them, and impose grievous, heavy burdens on men...Matthew 23:4  For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

• Members
20 minutes ago, SAB76 said:

then Paul was not "qualified"

Paul was never a bishop. He was an Apostle, which has different qualifications and requirements.

Also being a Bishop of a church is not a position that God calls to a lifetime position. The office is subject to the church as it is a church office and not a post they can claim by virtue of their calling of God. Additionally a person can fulfill the callings of God without having to be the Bishop of a church.

Edited by John Young

• Members
44 minutes ago, John Young said:

Paul was never a bishop. He was an Apostle, which has different qualifications and requirements.

Also being a Bishop of a church is not a position that God calls to a lifetime position. The office is subject to the church as it is a church office and not a post they can claim by virtue of their calling of God. Additionally a person can fulfill the callings of God without having to be the Bishop of a church.

? yes, my mind is blown that these were your comments on my clarification of the "qualifications" of a bishop. 

Firstly, Paul was more than just an apostle. Do you really teach that a man can only hold ONE office in his lifetime?

Let's see the definitions and see which applies to Paul? 

Apostle: A person deputed to execute some important business; but appropriately, a disciple of Christ commissioned to preach the gospel.

Bishop: An overseer; a spiritual superintendent, ruler or director.

If Paul was not a bishop, please explain the last part of 2 Cor. 11:28.

Secondly, the post was mainly about the "qualifications" of the office.

Thirdly, you err by making it an office of the "church", and that the pastor is subject to the church. It is an office that God gifted to the church, and the pastor is subject to Christ and him alone. God calls the pastors to oversee his church, not for the church to decide whether they like their overseer. If they dont like the overseer that God put in the office...find another pasture to feed in.

• Members
4 hours ago, SAB76 said:

you err by making it an office of the "church", and that the pastor is subject to the church. It is an office that God gifted to the church, and the pastor is subject to Christ and him alone.

Every church member is subject to the church, including the office of bishop (1 Corinthians 12).The church is Christ's body and for a member to act as if it is greater than the body that it is a part of, by virtue of the office that they hold within it, that would be the error.

Romans 12:3-5 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. 4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

4 hours ago, SAB76 said:

If Paul was not a bishop, please explain the last part of 2 Cor. 11:28.

2 Corinthians 11:28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

A bishop is over one church Apostles shepherded all of the churches and the guided the elders in doctrine. In particular Paul was commissioned oversight of the gentile churches.

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Acts 15:2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question. Acts 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. Acts 16:4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 1 Timothy 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity. 2 Timothy 1:11 whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Galatians 2:7-9 but contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 8 (for he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.