• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pensacola Bible institute

• Members

And the word "replenish" means "fill."

Replenish
REPLEN'ISH, v.t. [L. re and plenus, full.]

1. To fill; to stock with numbers or abundance. The magazines are replenished with corn. The springs are replenished with water.

Multiply and replenish the earth. Gen 1.

2. To finish; to complete. [Not in use.]

REPLEN'ISH, v.i. To recover former fullness.

The verb is being used transitively in the Bible (i.e., the first definition).

The Hebrew says the same--to fill.

Guest Guest

Thanks Samer

I've heard both views and right now I don't know which one is right, because BOTH sides have Scripture to prove it. It's not something I'm overly worried about but if I see solid evidence one way or another that totally refutes the other side then I'll know what to believe. :smile If not it doesn't concern me and I can go my whole Christian life without knowing if I have to.

Katy-Anne

• Members

Imagine trees trying to grow with a thousand year daytime and a thousand year nighttime. Whoa. And that's one long hibernation for the bears! And anyway when did evening and morning change to 24 hours instead of a thousand years anyhow?

• Members

They teach that there was a 1. relatively short space of time between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. So they teach that God created the heaven and the earth, and 2. then there was a race of people on the earth before Adam 3. that sinned and 4. were wiped out. 5. Then creation and then Adam etc. My pastor believes it too and he actually has verses to back it up.

I would like to see the verses used to prove each point. Thanks.

But let's make it a new thread. :thumb

• Members

im re opening this forum because i have something to say.

while iwas away some things have happened that has made me change my mind.

we believed 95% of what our church did.but because we didnt believe the other 5 % we were pretty much,pushed,or kicked out of our church(yes the one where PAstor Robinson is the pastor.)my dad was taken off the preaching list and fired,my mom and I were taken of both nursery and cleaning lists.people didnt want to speak to us...it was clear we were not wanted there.

We havent gone to church since.i begged my mom to let me go at least on easter...but i couldnt.the one that i wanted to go to teaches the pastor is in charge of everything not God.

my cousin Arik,(i spoke of him before) has been bashing my family ever since he went to PBI. he called my sisters husband(was fiance) a fool after Robert had approached him about harrassing my sister(my sister works for Dr Hovind and my cousin Arik hates him because he teaches 6 day creation)

maybe the Lord is having all these things happen because if i went to PBI i could change for the worst? i may never know.

I will NOT go to PBI,ill go to PCC for music than a medical college...and for bible training....my Bible will do all of that.i dont need man to teach me the word of God.after all,he is only man.

The holy Spirit can guide me in my study.And i put all my trust on him for what i will learn. if satan tries to tell me something different.i know how to treat this.I always have long talks with my dad and he knows his Bible very well. he told me according to the BIble you should say to the spirit "do you confess that Jesus is God in the flesh?" and if it says yes it is of God and if no or it tries to get around it,than dont speak to it or listen.

My dad has been offered the position of assistant pastor in Washington.so we will move there in June. after that i will go to college.

Amie Jo

*hugs* Sorry to hear about your church and family situation.

• 8 months later...
  • Members
My recommendation is to find somewhere else to go that teaches the truth. Here are some options: Crown' date=' Ambassador, New England Baptist College to name a couple.[/quote']

Hmmm....I know this is old, but I wanted to say that I personally would not recommend Crown (I did attend there and have now left), and the other two, while I have never attended there, I have heard were extremely strict and legalistic.

My two cents.