• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tips For Using Tracts?

• Members

Tracts are great to give to cashiers or at drive-throughs. "Could I give you something to read?"
One place I like is in grocery stores...They have those nice beer cartons you can slip a tract right into--it's wonderful!
We also use them door-to-door and in street witnessing and fair ministry...Well, pretty much anything. Halloween was a GREAT day for tracts and Gospels of John. I remember standing outside a basketball game at my college, before it started, handing tracts to the people as they were walking in...Got thousands of tracts out that way...Unfortunately, they were extremely shallow tracts, so it was a waste of time and effort, although it sure was fun.
Oh, and one of my favorites is in those business-reply envelopes...If they're going to spam you and give you a paid envelope to reply in, by all means do! :D

• Members

I've left one at a gas pump before too. Unfortunately, I tend to be rather absent-minded and forget that I have tracts(even though I have them in both of my coats) much less to use them.

I have a bunch of Asian tracts that I like to use if I go to Chinese, Thai, or Korean restaurants. It's much easier to leave them places than to actually gather up the courage to hand one to somebody though. But I do try to just watch for opportunities the Lord might open up to give one to someone.

• Members

[quote="SisterHolly"]
Hi everyone. I ordered a bunch of free tracts from the list of free resources thread we have here and I was just wondering, how do I use tracts? Do I just hand them out to people, place them in various places, or what?
[/quote]

I pass out, leave and mail, Lots of tracts.
Not all tracts are good for all people.
Example, I had the Book of John with a Semi-Truck on the front, Truck drivers liked it.

I had one called the Gun Slinger, man all those boys over at the range looked at it, but the writer made a mistake, he made guns out to be something bad people have, that will turn a shooter against the tract.
My favorite ones are simple plan of Salvation tracts.
If its short enough they will be a lot more likely to read it than if its a long one.

Mini Bibles are like candy, they cost a little but well worth it.

Always pray before using a tract.
Never leave one at a cafe without a tip.

• Members

I carry a bunch with me mostly, sometimes I forget or run out, I generally leave then on the bus or train I catch, in a restroom, and of course hand them out in the street, or when door knocking :)

I am still a bit nervous talking to people on the street, yet I have no nerves when I door knock, perplexing :? I think that door knocking gives you the opportunity to build up your nerves while you wait for the door :)

-Alen

• 1 year later...
  • Members
I'd like to bring this thread back up for comments...

I been realizing the past few days that I haven't been passing out tracts as much as I used to. Seems like I get busy and forget to do it. Just wondering if anyone has some more tips for using tracts that they'd like to share.

http://onlinebaptist.com/messageboards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12668

God bless. :)

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Tracts are a wonderful tool but they are limited in their use. What is needed is Christians on the streets, in the Malls, on the street corners talking to people one-on-one. Too often those who receive tracts and are not interested in religion or Christianity will simply dispose of them at their earliest convenience. I have seen people who have respectfully receive the tract toss them on the ground minutes later. I don't think handing out tracts should be a substitute to talking to people face to face.