• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Repentance Issue::: revisited

• Members
The only thing needed is Faith!!!!!!!!!!!One gets saved by BELIEVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This false doctrine of repentance unto salvation is taught by Dr.Cloud,Rice,Spurgeon(other baptist popes)as well as the Catholics,their pope and their false prophet...Billy Gram!Every unclean bird-Dumb Dogs-Clouds without water.
Ive already taken every verse on repentance and proven two things with Gods word.
1.The only people who need to repent to be saved are...(a)unbelievers (b)those who worship false gods,who don't believe in Christ ©those who put trust in the works of the law ( repenting of sins ) or good works.But all these people still get saved because they BELIEVE!
2.Repenting of sins is the works of the law-Jonah 3:10

I have proven this with well over 100 verses,but these I.F.B.-so called ( really they are Catholics who crept in anawares) keep deleting all my posts.....They are cowards as most false teachers are.

John which is suposed to be the clearest gospel of all the gospels mentions BELIEVE 90 times.
Repent? Mentioned NONE!the same amount of verses these dumb dogs have to prove this false Catholic(Baal) repenting unto salvation gospel.
Show me in what verse the thief repented,or the jailor or the Enuch. And not your assumtion of their repentance!

Preach Repentance,but concerning the gospel..."thy faith hath saved thee'!

Hey Saul,

Preach it! I am on your side. But have patience with all men, and apt to teach.

Carrierwave~

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Dave and all who believe like Dave,
GOD SAYS REPENTING OF SIN IS A WORK!!!!!Jonah 3:10

Anyone who tries to use the verse in Cor.
"godly sorrow worketh repentance unto salvation"First Paul is talking to Christians,so this isn't about how one gets saved.When I went through all the verses on repentance ( which the administraters deleted )I explained this verse,in context....these saved people turned from a guy who was commiting adultry and saved their ministry.You can't have godly sorrow if you don't have the Holy Spirit.
You also can't use verses that don't apply!!!!!!!!!!

Carriewave was right to ask for a verse that says "repent of sins to be saved",but I already asked for that verse,it's probally right next to the one that says "all men must repent to be saved".Where ever these two verses are no one seems to be able to find them!( because this false gospel isn't in the Bible )

Why isn't "repent" mentioned even once in John? Yet BELIEVE is mentioned 90 times!!
Show me in what verse the thief,or the jailor,or the Enoch repented to be saved?!
You keep tring to prove this false gospel,even though I rebuked you with your own verses,and pruduced 6 additional verses for your every one!

Carriewave,you were on another site I was kicked off of for the same subject and it is good to see that you repented of what you use to believe,it's good to see you are "turning away" from this false teaching....thats true Bible Repentance.

For further evidence see"repentanceblacklist",also Jack Hyles "enemies of soul-winning"
If you stop going after Dr. Cloud you won't teach what the Catholics teach!

"thy faith hath saved thee"

• Members
The only thing needed is Faith!!!!!!!!!!!One gets saved by BELIEVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This false doctrine of repentance unto salvation is taught by Dr.Cloud,Rice,Spurgeon(other baptist popes)as well as the Catholics,their pope and their false prophet...Billy Gram!Every unclean bird-Dumb Dogs-Clouds without water.
Ive already taken every verse on repentance and proven two things with Gods word.
1.The only people who need to repent to be saved are...(a)unbelievers (b)those who worship false gods,who don't believe in Christ ©those who put trust in the works of the law ( repenting of sins ) or good works.But all these people still get saved because they BELIEVE!

I have proven this with well over 100 verses,but these I.F.B.-so called ( really they are Catholics who crept in anawares) keep deleting all my posts.....They are cowards as most false teachers are.

John which is suposed to be the clearest gospel of all the gospels mentions BELIEVE 90 times.
Repent? Mentioned NONE!the same amount of verses these dumb dogs have to prove this false Catholic(Baal) repenting unto salvation gospel.
Show me in what verse the thief repented,or the jailor or the Enuch. And not your assumtion of their repentance!

For your information, I never heard of Cloud or any of those until I came to this board. I had the same belief as they did before I heard of them.

Kevimiller,
I have already placed the verse in James in proper context along with every verse their is on repentance and matched it with 6 more verses (to every one) and have reproved this false teaching of "123 repent after me"
But they keep deleting me,so,pay attention meathead!Your saying the same thing they say!
James 2"even the devils believe"In context,James is speaking to BELIEVERS!He is teaching a Truth using a "likewise"illusration.The devils believe but their works don't prove it and "likewise,your faith witout works is dead"This isn't about repenting to get saved but repenting from sin after you get saved to do good works!

deffnva77,you might not have heard of these men but you are a victim of their false Catholic like teaching!REPENT!

Administraters,why won't you let the Truth set these people free?

Preach repentance,but concerning the gospel...."thy faith hath saved thee"

• Members

Meathead? You've got to be kidding. And you expect anyone to take you seriously around here?

My point wasn't about the works, works are an evidence to your salvation. My point is that just believing doesn't save you. The devils do believe but belief isn't enough. They know full well the plan of God in salvation. But they haven't repented of their sins and their works reflect that. Faith is more than head knowledge, it is a transformation of your mind at the time that it is granted.

• Members

Carrierwave and Saul; also Jericho,

When the candle is lit behind you, you see the effects of that light on objects but, dimly; you're still looking toward darkness.

If you turn around to the light, the full intensity shines in your eyes and you bath in that radiance.

If you move toward that light you will eventually feel the warmth of the flame and it's fullness.

Hear the Word.
Repent.
Receive Christ.

You want to call the turning to God a work. You may call it whatever you care to; I don't mind. I know this, without receiving Christ I wouldn't be here speaking to you now. My salvation, through the finished work of Jesus Christ my Lord is sure and cannot be removed by the thoughts of others. My Savior, who provided salvation is greater and I am placed in His hand by God the Father continuing in repentance from all the Holy Spirit reveals as unnacceptable to God.

Call the turning, prayer, acknowledgement, recognition, or work; as you see fit. For me, it is settled forever in heaven. I repented, and that, in no way is the finished work of salvation freely given of my Lord.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

I thought the topic was approaching a straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel. However, it has caused me to reflect on the day the Holy Spirit led me to Christ; it may cause others to reflect.

deafnva77,I want you to believe the Bible......."Sirs,what must I do to be saved?.....BELIEVE'
Stop adding repenting,thats not what the Bible teaches....it starts people, and leads them to a works salvation and is the same false teaching that Catholics use.If you won't believe the Bible then atleast change the name on your banner.

Kevinmiller,The devils can't change their mind,their fate is sealed!
My point was,the verse you used doesn't teach this false gospel of "123 repent after me"in fact it don't even apply to the topic!

Again,I ask in what passage does it say "repent of sin to be saved",it's right next to the verse thst says "all men must repent to be saved"
Every verse in the Bible explaining how one is saved is"BY FAITH"!
Show me in what verse the jailor repented,or the thief,or the Enuch?!
Explain, why in the gospel of John (the clearest of the gospels) if repenting is the condition to salvation,why the Holy Spirit never mentions it once!?....Yet believe is mentioned 90 times!!!!!!

Tim Guy,nice speech,but just because you have a fancy way to call a dogs tail a leg don't make it true!
Yes,this topic should make people reflect on how they got saved!
Since the age of 6 (as far back as I remember) I believed that Christ was my savior and I was a sinner,that He died for me and fully paid for my sins. At age 14,I had NEVER believed in false gods nor had I ever trusted in my own efforts but I had always believed.( From birth The Spirit draws all men to God,we only need to turn to God if we had been rejecting the Spirit) So, at age 14 I Believed and got saved.
The only word settled forever in heaven is Gods not yours!
"thy faith hath saved thee"

• Members

well you just said I should repent from my catholic like faith :uuhm: Did you mean AFTER I am saved , I should repent from Catholic - like faith?

Repenting is just another way of humbling yourself before Christ knowing that you need his mercy and grace, which alot of people do when they get saved.

• Members
From birth The Spirit draws all men to God,we only need to turn to God if we had been rejecting the Spirit

Where is this in Scripture?

As for repentance in Scripture:
Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come

• Members

They first believed
Jon 3:5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

...and admitted their sin
Jon 3:7 And he caused [it] to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:
Jon 3:8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that [is] in their hands.

Then God saved.......
Jon 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did [it] not.

The "works" of putting on the sackcloth etc. were only the result of what had already taken place when they repented.

The Holy Spirit convinces of sin, righteousness and judgement. Basicly all repentence is, is admitting to God that you are a wicked, hateful, vile sinner who cannot help himself. and turning to Jesus for the remedy.
You can believe there is or was a Jesus all you want to.. But Jesus died because of your sins. So if you love your sin too much to want to give it up....you didn't get saved.

• Members

What you have proven is that you have only understood a portion of your Bible....and if that were all there is, that'd be wonderfull and your position would be sound. However when you come to realize, and you may well yet God willing, that true saving Faith (the kind of Faith James said accompanies salvation) incorporates and involves more than mere knowledge, more than a mere profession of belief or for that matter more than a rudimentary level of believing..... even devil's believe he cautioned.

Saving faith is accompanied by and married to the realization in mind that one is in sin, condemned AND a sorrow, regret or remorse in heart for the consequences that sin has brought about AND Lastly, Saving Faith involves a turning from Darkness and an acceptance of the Light ...an embracing of the light which is Jesus Christ. These may occur instantaniously & simultaniously and may or may not manifest themselves in verbal namings of sin and professings of turning from such actions... BUT WITHOUT QUESTION - Saving faith is accompanied by repentance within the heart.

Saving Faith is said to be "Triune" like God and Man for it is: Intelligent Realization, Repentant Sorrow of Sin, and Wholly trusting on the Lamb of God for salvation.

Great peace have they which love thy law..and nothing shall offend them.... Keep praying....if you cannot remember a time when you were truly sorrowful in your heart for the sins which separated you from God....there is a massive problem. If even now you find you have no regret for sin in your life and you have no repentant desire to cease from such sin for the love of God who deserves a clean vessel....there is a problem.....a very bad and very serious problem....

Just a note folks, don't bother wasting your time responding to Saul, Jerico, Nelson, Jacob, Abraham, Tammy, etc. This is all the same person who has been serial spamming our board for the past week or two. He has signed up under many different accounts as both a male and as`a female in the past week or so, and if he gets a chance he posts this sort of trash until we spot him and ban him again. Don't worry about him, he is just a troll.

• Members

What you have proven is that you have only understood a portion of your Bible....and if that were all there is, that'd be wonderfull and your position would be sound. However when you come to realize, and you may well yet God willing, that true saving Faith (the kind of Faith James said accompanies salvation) incorporates and involves more than mere knowledge, more than a mere profession of belief or for that matter more than a rudimentary level of believing..... even devil's believe he cautioned.

Saving faith is accompanied by and married to the realization in mind that one is in sin, condemned AND a sorrow, regret or remorse in heart for the consequences that sin has brought about AND Lastly, Saving Faith involves a turning from Darkness and an acceptance of the Light ...an embracing of the light which is Jesus Christ. These may occur instantaniously & simultaniously and may or may not manifest themselves in verbal namings of sin and professings of turning from such actions... BUT WITHOUT QUESTION - Saving faith is accompanied by repentance within the heart.

Saving Faith is said to be "Triune" like God and Man for it is: Intelligent Realization, Repentant Sorrow of Sin, and Wholly trusting on the Lamb of God for salvation.

Great peace have they which love thy law..and nothing shall offend them.... Keep praying....if you cannot remember a time when you were truly sorrowful in your heart for the sins which separated you from God....there is a massive problem. If even now you find you have no regret for sin in your life and you have no repentant desire to cease from such sin for the love of God who deserves a clean vessel....there is a problem.....a very bad and very serious problem....

Dear Pastor Harrison,

I have a question about what you have said. How much Intelligent realization,"repentant" sorrow and lamenting over sins is needed before I can "wholly" trust the Lamb of God for salvation? It appears you have at least two requirements for a sinner to comply with before "wholly" trusting the Lamb of God for salvation. Could you show me scriptures to back up these statements in your answer? Also, where is "saving faith" found in scripture?

Carrierwave~