• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Children and salvation...

matie-k

• Administrators

MMD - talk with your daughter and make sure that she understands what salvation is - if she has truly accepted Christ, then, as Suzy said, she needs to be baptized because it's a step of obedience. But you can talk with her about what baptism is according to scripture, and make sure she understands the step she is taking. It's a great thing for her to desire to be baptized.

Trish - I knew a young girl who was afraid of the water, also. Her parents did just what Suzy suggested - let her watch baptisms, and never pressured her. They prayed for her. She knew that baptism was important. After some years, she was ready - and boy was she thrilled when she finally took that step. Just pray for her, make sure she understands what baptism is all about - maybe just one time let her know something like "she trusted in Christ for salvation, she can trust Him to keep her safe in the water." She'll come 'round.

• Members

yep, that's just what we did. She was saved at like 5 but scared to death of water to the point that it sounded like we were drowning her every time we washed her hair or gave her a bath. She wanted to really bad but the day we had it set up for they forgot to fill the tank and then she chickened out again. Last year, she finally did it. I think it helped that she learned to swim, daddy was baptizing her and her younger sister was doing it too. Now we are going down the path again with the third, She is also very shy and well I guess we'll just wait it out again.