• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Cowards-The Repentance Lie

Guest Guest

• Members
Lazarus/Zealot/Nelson/ and whatever else he has called himself keeps getting banned but keeps finding ways back in. :bonk:

Yes, I'm sure there are ways to get around the system...Maybe if we just stop talking to people who insist on expressing themselves in this manner, they will get the idea and leave. (???)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Tell ya what, don't repent and see where Jesus said you'll end up. Wasn't it clear enough when He said , "Repent! Or ye shall likewise perish!"

Don't argue with a madman it will only make you mad, but didn't the maniac turn from cutting himslef and running around with a bunch of deadbeats and obeyed Jesus? Sure he did! A perfect example of repentence unto salvation. And if one will study, that township had one of the greatest revivals in N.T. history by this one man's testimony!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

John may not have talked about Repentance, but Luke did:

Luke 13 verses 1-5 says:
1 And there were present, at that very time, some that told him of the Galileans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And he answering, said to them: Think you that these Galileans were sinners above all the men of Galilee, because they suffered such things? 3 No, I say to you: but unless you shall do penance (REPENT), you shall all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen upon whom the tower fell in Siloe and slew them: think you that they also were debtors above all the men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 No, I say to you: but except you do penance (REPENT), you shall all likewise perish.

Luke is saying that if you don't REPENT, you will perish. (if you perish, you didn't make it to Heaven) He's saying your faith can NOT save you if ALL you have is just faith.

You may have ALL the FAITH to move mountains.... but if you don't have LOVE, you have NOTHING. (if you have nothing, than you certainly don't have salvation)

• Members
(Luke 13:3) - "I tell you' date=' Nay: but, except ye [b']repent, ye shall all likewise perish."
(Luke 13:5) - "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."
(Mark 6:12) - "And they went out, and preached that men should repent."

(Acts 3:19-21) - "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; {20} And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: {21} Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."

(Acts 17:30-31) - "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: {31} Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead."
God bless,
Crushmaster.

:amen::amen::amen::goodpost:

• Members
Why keep embarassing yourself?! I have already refuted all your arguements by using all the verses in the Bible
with the word "repent".I proved that at best,you can claim "repent unto salvation" because of unbelief,only!
Still the first event is hearing Gods Word,then Believing!, happens next....You are only circular reasoning Truth and making God out as a liar.You could say certain precepts of "repent" are necessary within the salvation experience,but it is err concerning the "Faith" to claim it the condition.Ultimately,(even if you are a "believer") many are led into a "works salvation". ( Doing more harm then good )
After leaving you with the same amount of verses as your ability to produce the word "repent" in the gospel of John,I supplied six times more verses,and left you last time with questions you can't explain away....
Bottom Line!God don't agree with you!!!!!!!

Preach Repentance,God commands it.....but concerning the gospel,"Thy FAITH hath saved thee"!!!!!!
Don't fustrate the Grace of God and make the law of grace none effect.

In the way you talk to others, you are shaming yourself before God. Sarcasm was tried on Jesus when he walked this earth. If didn't work then and it doesn't work now. By you or anyone else. The bible also speaks of bitterness and warns against it.
You are thinking in the flesh when you treat people that way, not in the Spirit. Have I done the same thing at times, yes, that is why we must repent and seek forgiveness for ones foolish ways. You must admit that you are a sinner to be humble enough to get saved and accept Jesus and understand that you need Him. That is repentence whether you want to agree with it or not. We accept, the Holy Spirit does the convicting.
Does the Holy Spirit bear witness with your spirit when you treat people with bitterness and sarcasm. Or do you feel justified, when you do so like you are defending God?
"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." Is there any bitterness or sarcasm in these words? Or impatience. Or is it full of longsuffering, mercy and compassion.
I don't think Jesus cares less about a technicality you are arguing about. He is more concerned with your attitude and lack of testimony, love, compassion and mercy.

• Members

I was sinking deep in sin
Far from the peaceful shore
Very deeply stained within
Sinking to rise no more
But the Master of the deep
Heard my despairing cry
From the waters lifted me
Now safe am I

Love lifted me
Love lifted me
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me

That's the way it was for me.

• Members

amen heartstrings.

I dont know why some are so fearful of repentance (unless they dont want to repent?) Believers are even called to repent.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

When you believe on the Lord, you desire to follow Him, thus turning from your old ways, and turning to Christ. That does not make you perfect in actions, for everyone must be taught the word of God and grow.

1 John 1:9 is all about repentance when we sin, ask for forgivness and are cleansed from all unrightousness.

Ill stick with God's word.