• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PastorMatt

Bring your guns to church

Only reason I asked Invicta, is in your story of the deaf man getting shot, you stated (so they say) implying dishonesty on the part of the police. The police have red blood too, they have families, and yes, if they ever shoot someone, they have to live with it the rest of their lives. Police are citizens asked to do the job no one else will.

Where I worked, I would often be the only Law Officer for 50 miles. I have had armed citizens save my bacon before. Im so thankful for the second amendment.

I'm 100% in support of LAWFUL concealed carry weapons (CCW) in the church. What in the world is wrong with a law abiding citizen using his/her constitutional right to carry a gun? If a crazy comes into a church to kill as many as he can, you want no one to defend family, friends, and bros. and sisters in Christ? Please read the article below.

What the Bible says about lethal self-defense.

I'm 100% in support of LAWFUL concealed carry weapons (CCW) in the church. What in the world is wrong with a law abiding citizen using his/her constitutional right to carry a gun? If a crazy comes into a church to kill as many as he can, you want no one to defend family, friends, and bros. and sisters in Christ? Please read the article below.

What the Bible says about lethal self-defense.

:goodpost:

Please, Please, view the following video and put yourself in the place of this dear lady! Imagine that you are eating lunch one day. The LAST thing on your mind is a crazy man with the intent to kill. The LAST thing you are thinking of is the murder of a family member while eating in a public restaurant. Safe environment... right? Why carry a gun? Watch video and see why..... As the madman shoots and kills her father, she realizes that her self defense gun is out in her car. That's why we carry on person!

1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. How much worse if we allow someone to murder his own?

I'm so glad that you posted this you tube video. It expresses what I've felt all along in my previous comments. It makes me sad to know that our country has become so naive to think that not having guns would be better for Americans. As I previously mentioned in an earlier post, the United States has opened it's shores to every religion outside of Christianity and many of those religions would like nothing more than to see our 2nd amendment right taken away, so they then come against the Christian with force. The fundamentalist Christians have already been labeled by our Homeland Security as nothing but terrorists themselves. Don't believe it? ......... You better read some statements made by the Department of Homeland Securities latest statements.

Let me add a little something that was written by the Homeland Security (and this is only a little something...there is plenty more....just google it and read for yourself). Other than this one statement below, they also label those against abortion as right wing extremists.

Homeland Security Targeting Christians
April 19th, 2009 at 7:50 pm

A Department of Homeland Security intelligence assessment equates Christians who believe in

Here's another Must Read! (I recommend the book mentioned)
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=94591

Please, Please, view the following video and put yourself in the place of this dear lady! Imagine that you are eating lunch one day. The LAST thing on your mind is a crazy man with the intent to kill. The LAST thing you are thinking of is the murder of a family member while eating in a public restaurant. Safe environment... right? Why carry a gun? Watch video and see why..... As the madman shoots and kills her father, she realizes that her self defense gun is out in her car. That's why we carry on person!

1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. How much worse if we allow someone to murder his own?

If that woman had reached for a gun she would probably be dead by now.

1. No... the shooter is busy shooting people. He is not looking around for a single person with a defensive weapon.

2. I would rather die trying to protect my wife than sit there and allow someone else to kill her in cold blood. How would I feel then?

1. No... the shooter is busy shooting people. He is not looking around for a single person with a defensive weapon.

2. I would rather die trying to protect my wife than sit there and allow someone else to kill her in cold blood. How would I feel then?

I like what you said holster........I'd rather die trying too. It's obvious that this killer was on a rampage. I can hear the agony that is in her voice and the guilt for obeying the law. I heard her say that she would rather be in prison and labeled as a felon, knowing that her mother and father were still alive. I know this thread is on guns in church and what's to say that those God hating people that our so called government has allowed the right to come into our country, won't walk into our churches and do the same thing. I like the book you recommend to read and I'll be visiting the library to see if it's available. I visited the web site and heard this authors testimony on video. They almost wiped out his entire church. Anyway.....I know that those who have responded with the fact that we should put our faith in God and God gets glory even through these vile acts, but I love the verse you quoted on providing for ones family, that those who don't, are labeled as worse than an infidel......that's what the 1611 KJV Bible says, right?

Was in Boise Idaho a while back. Left my gun in the car (Had not renewed my concealed carry card for retired law enforcement). Was in the bathroom, when a crazy tried to get in my stall. He quit when someone came in. I exited and got into a survailance position. He left the store with his head on a swivel. From my training and expirence, he was looking to mug someone. Getting renewed monday.

Woman on the video made good points.

Was in Boise Idaho a while back. Left my gun in the car (Had not renewed my concealed carry card for retired law enforcement). Was in the bathroom, when a crazy tried to get in my stall. He quit when someone came in. I exited and got into a survailance position. He left the store with his head on a swivel. From my training and expirence, he was looking to mug someone. Getting renewed monday.

Woman on the video made good points.

Thanks and praise be to God for sending someone in when He did!

Well, we definitely know what would happen now that she did not have a gun. You can't make a good argument by saying "if" and "probably".

To those that are opposed to guns in church.......the woman giving the testimony on the video said the man drove through the wall of the restaurant and started shooting. If her testimony was the man drove through the wall of a church and started shooting, does this testimony enlighten you of the fact that we just need to protect ourselves and our loved ones at all times and at all costs? Would love to hear your response.

Amen to that Bro John :)

Hey Deputy, I hope your laws are a little different in your state than here in NC.......If we let our conceal weapon permit expire before renewal, we have to go through the handgun training and run background checks, just as we did when the new permit was issued. I hope you can just get yours renewed without all the hassle. I think I remember you saying that you're retired law enforcement and you may be able to get it without all the red tape. I hope so. Sure makes you feel better knowing you got something to protect yourself, if the situation arises. If you get a chance, go to you tube and pull up Billy Jackson's account of having to use his concealed weapon. He's an apartment owner and he and his wife were getting an apartment ready, when he was approached by two men who were armed and there to rob and murder him and his wife. Only by the grace of God, that he made it through it. I do the same type of work in the apartment industry and that's one reason that I want to protect myself and my family.

Here in CT if the carry permit expires before renewal, you have to go through the entire thing from the beginning...........training, background-checks, additional money........

They showed the church and pastor on Fox News tonight. Folks were encouraged to wear their guns because they live in an open carry state. However, the pastor said they were not allowed to have bullets!

What's the point?

They showed the church and pastor on Fox News tonight. Folks were encouraged to wear their guns because they live in an open carry state. However, the pastor said they were not allowed to have bullets!

What's the point?

huh? you kidding? A gun without ammo is just a hunk of worthless steel. (Well, perhaps you could hit them on head with it :)

LOL I guess they could throw the gun at the bad guy.
Hello bgann4546. In Oregon if your permit expires, you have to renew it by starting over except for the training. If you have proof of past training or a military dd214 then your good to go. Oregon is also an open carry state but most people prefer to carry concealed (I know I do).

As for retired Law Enforcement like me, if you have 15+ years of honorable service you get what is called and HR218 card. This is suppossed to be available in all 50 states. It is a card that I carry with my police ID that I have to renew yearly through my Sheriff's Office. All I have to do is shoot a qualifier with the sheriff's range master and im good to go. Im going up to get renewed today. It allows me to carry concealed in all 50 states as long as I have my Retired Police ID and the HR218 card. Its one of the few good things the federal government did.

Well, gotta go get my gun and go shooting with the range master. :makmiday::runforhills:

Whoaaaa! Take me with you! Before I moved last month I could step behind my house and shoot! Now I'm in town and I have to go to the club range. (Which can be more fun though...)

huh? you kidding? A gun without ammo is just a hunk of worthless steel. (Well, perhaps you could hit them on head with it :)

Actually a gun without ammo is much worse than a "hunk of worthless steel" it is downright dangerous and can get the one carrying killed right quick!

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.